Talk Talk will not let you use Skype during the day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When TalkTalk launched the "up to" 8megs was free. Now it's £10 for some customers. I believe this is because for those customers BT have control of the "exchange loop" and are presumably requiring some maintenance charges from TalkTalk: if you're lucky enough to be part of the loop that TalkTalk control, you'd get it free. I suspect the same technical reasons are affecting the speed offered on some lines.

I'm still waiting for my MAC code. They say that they can't release it until I sign a disconection form.

I pointed out the as the Broadband connection is free why should I need to sign a disconnection? They waffled on and on, but they will not release my code.

So I am still waiting.:sad:

There's a number on the BT website that you can call to get your MAC code over the phone... took about 15 minutes ... can't find the number now because I got it after signing into my old BT account

Hi, we signed with talk talk - not for bb but for telephone- as they were recommended by the Uswitch site. Our bb is with tesco, and rather than muck up email addresses etc we have stayed with them. I am so glad we did after reading this - however not overly happy with talk talk, you can't talk to them and you have to 'request' every service that we seemed to have automatically with bt. Any recommendations on who to move to next as we don't feel this was our best move!

I am not a lawyer, but I think that for a broadband supplier to restrict access to a commercial service such as Skype would be a restraint of trade, and therefore illegal in the EU.

It's reasonable for them to prioritise customers' traffic based on the load generated by the customer, because the load generated by one customer impacts the service available to others. But it is not reasonable to prioritise traffic based on the type of traffic.

Tim

The other half has just been on to BT and asked them to switch on our second phone line, we have 3 into the house going back to the days when we needed one for phone, one for fax and one for dial-up modem. When we went over to BB we needed only the one line and got rid of the fax.

So on October 2nd we will have a second line up and running. Shortly after that we will have BB running and after that YakYak are going to get a very short and to the point message.

They have cost us money, time and we are going to bite back.

We did have a rather odd e-mail from them that said "We see you have not made any International calls from your phone since April is there a problem? The answer would like to send is simple

Yes STUPID we told you in April, May, June, July, August and September that your service was blocking us from making calls. We have contacted you MORONS weekly for the last 6 months without any help. That's why we have not made any international calls.:mad:

But I know if I sent it, all I would get would be "We are sorry for taking so long to reply to your e-mail -----yak yak yak yadda yadda yadda bla bla bla

So I won't bother.

Just a sec I just want to go and bang my head against this door, it not as hard as the wall. +/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/ That's better now where was I :confused:

Thanks Tim for the advice on getting the MAC code I'll wait for my other line to start and then go for the MAC code, I want to keep my old phone number so once YakYak find out that I'm not going to pay them they could switch it off just to be nasty. We will see.

hi i got this of ofcom just so people people know the rules for it.

The MAC process was introduced as part of a self-regulatory initiative, and

compliance is voluntary. At present, if a supplier chooses not to sign up to the Code of Practice regulating MACs, or does not fully comply with this Code of Practice, then its customers may face difficulties in transferring to another provider or product.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/migration/migrations.pdf

The argument that it is provided "free" does not mean it is not a part of the contract. Rather, it is a variation to the existing contract. Consideration is not an issue, since you are paying £x/month, and they are providing all the services in return.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

If you are on TalkTalks LLU provided service then you cant have a LLU as they are for people who have BT provided phone lines to migrate from ISP to ISP if your line is totally unbundled ie you pay everything to TalkTalk then they will not be able to issue you a MAC you will have to call BT and get a return to donor get the line transferred back to BT then wait for that to happen and then wait to get broadband put back on the line - minimum downtime 4 weeks!!

IF you still have the BT line then MACs can be used fine

As for any arguments about it being free its not free its provided conditionally on you buying other services so its actually paid for by them

The latest is that BT are saying the exchange is not yet unbundled and TalkTalk will not be going in until April 2007. I pay my monthly line rental to TalkTalk and have left BT. However TT are blaiming BT for the speed and the DCs. It was pointed out to them that the account was with TT and not BT but they don't want to know. They want us to sign a cancellation of contract with them, and we could loose our phone number. I trust TT like a part time gardener doing brain surgery.

I will wait until the 2nd of next month and then take them on by stopping the DD. OTELO have all the details, and Watchdog's back next month so I might drop an e-mail to them, they might even answer this time lol.

As for any arguments about it being free its not free its provided conditionally on you buying other services so its actually paid for by them

Exactly, it's a package. Contracts are usually (IIRC) indivisible - it's not free, because it's not separate. You are going from a package costing £x to a different package costing the same amount, so their point about it being "free" (i.e. no consideration) is patently false, and whoever dreamt it up should be shot.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

They are still saying Free BB when you sign up for our Call3 Talk Plan.

Dunstone had this little Gem to say on the 1st September

"We have had our fair share of negative publicity of late, and I more than anyone know how frustrating it has been trying to get through to us if you had a problem. However, we have revolutionised the broadband marketplace and changed its pricing forever."

Cough cough ROFL cough cough splutter stop it stop it I can't take any more jokes like this!!!!

This week we have suffered from disconnections almost every day/evening.

As I'm giving the the heave ho next month I have been making a few calls to South Africa, doing a bit of family tree research. Spent around half an hour chatting to someone in Durban, they are going to e-mail me lots of stuff.

I'm sure I can find other people around the world to talk to, and my other half has just found a relation he didn't even know about in Australia. So I'm sure he will want to chat to him for a few hours.

I'm still waiting for my MAC details.

Some hope.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it is due to my leaving TT on the 17th but at 6:30am I found we had no BB and we are still off at 9:45pm so that's 15 hours without BB and TT are giving me a load of waffle. I am really annoyed that they don't give a stuff about customer service. They are telling the media that they are answering support calls with in a minute. So how come I waited for an hour and then they cut me off. A minute what a joke.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no longer a TalkTalk customer and OTELO have found in my favor. TT didn't even bother to put in a defence to my claim against them. What a shower, they should have their licence as a Telecom provider removed.

I feel sorry for all the people who moved back to AOL and then found that they were back with this useless company.

They have no morals and no customer service.

I'm now back with Tiscali and getting a faster service with Skype and a customer service that doesn't keep you listening to Something in the Air for hours.

TalkTalk are sh*te. Just got off the phone with them and I've got another £5 a month of my monthly bills until the end of my contract - then I'm gone. They reckon my exchange will be unbundled at the end of November - not in april as sold to me.

(Luddite I was going to PM you a new high level complaints exec number - but I see you're liberated now!)

Thanks for the thought thailand. I'm so glad that the whole sorry mess is now sorted out.

I would love to see TalkTalk go bust.

If you can prove that they have breached the contract then you can go to OTELO and tell them about what has happened. The only downside is that you have to have been trying to sort it out for 3 months before they will take it on.

But their decision is final and TT have to abide by their findings.