Is this a mistake or Fraud? ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody bureaucracy - "please do again what you've already done"... still, keeps a court monkey in work.

:D

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

The rule is that you have to do it for every fee that's due. I'm surprised they didn't make you do that with the last hearing.

I gotta run. I won't be able to come back till late next week, but we got time, because the next Schedule of Costs is only due in March.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thanks for dropping in LP, hope everyone is still around by then :D

Amen! Though I feel like I'm fading away - 2hrs 30mins sleep (if that) last night - made about 5-6kg of humous, average 4 hours every night this week! Sleeping the whole Sabbath which comes in @ 3:34.

And gotta light the candles - first night of Chanuka (Festival of Lights - not a holiday when I can't do nothing, thankfully) to"night".

No problemo.

Hope you all have a more relaxing few days than me. My Seudat Hoda'ah is Sunday night, and the Pidyon Haben Sunday morning!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Just got in and checked mail and I have received a letter from IT's son, this is what it says:

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

Thank you for agreeing to the adjournment last week.

You may have heard that my mother passed away, my father has taken it very badly, they had been together since thier teens.

I propose you and I meet to attempt a settlement and would be grateful if you could contact me to arrange a convenient time to meet, I propose we meet at a cafe or somewhere like that, my contact details are below.

Yours faithfully

Is this good news or what?

Just got in and checked mail and I have received a letter from IT's son, this is what it says:

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

Thank you for agreeing to the adjournment last week.

You may have heard that my mother passed away, my father has taken it very badly, they had been together since thier teens.

I propose you and I meet to attempt a settlement and would be grateful if you could contact me to arrange a convenient time to meet, I propose we meet at a cafe or somewhere like that, my contact details are below.

Yours faithfully

Is this good news or what?

DO NOT MEET!!!! If it's son is anything like it, then it's son will attempt to manipulate you to agree to something against your best interests or in the alternative claim you agreed to something that you didn't agree to, and it will be your word against it's son. I suggest you send the below letter to it's son - and do NOT speak to it or it's son at all!

Fill in the gaps. Print it on your own letterhead - 3 times - sign each one. Send one of them each to IT & IT'S SON, and keep one for yourself. With the one to IT directly send a copy of IT'S SON'S letter to you. Keep the original one in your folder and one signed copy of this letter in your folder too. Send them SPECIAL DELIVERY. [i would normally not make that recommendation for something like this but Royal Snail is currently even less reliable than usually.]

IT'S SON

IT'S SON'S ADDRESS

17th December 2009

Dear Sir,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE, SAVE AS TO COSTS

I am in receipt of your letter dated .... in relation to my claim in Aylesbury County Court with the claim number 9...., against your father - IT.

I am pleased to see that you and your father have finally seen some sense and wish to settle my claim, despite dragging this on and on for far too long.

I too am willing to reach a settlement, but am unwilling to do this in person with you or over the phone. All communication must be in writing, so that I have evidence - should it be required.

I am sure you will understand my requirement - especially considering the circumstances of this matter and the recent letters your father wrote to me which clearly imply that he has no wish to reach a settlement and refutes my claim fully.

I would therefore request that you make a reasonable offer in writing to me. Due to the postal system becoming even less reliable than it usually is around the Christmas break, I would recommend that if you and your father are truly serious about reaching a settlement agreement, that all correspondence be sent by Special Delivery - or other courier service - so as to guarantee it's receipt.

I must also insist that any offers to be made come with your father's written consent - otherwise I will legally be unable to accept them.

I should also advise you that if any offer is reached, any settlement would be paid within 7 days of the agreement being signed by both parties; and that any discontinuance will only take place after such funds have cleared. I would recommend you take this into account as I will not consent to a further adjournment of the hearing - considering how long this has been going on for.

Sincerely,

CC: IT

IT'S ADDRESS

Awesome response LP, I was not too keen on meeting this brat, and knowing both father & son I know they would want to take advantage of the situation they are in at present. I will write these letters out and do as you have advised.

I do not trust IT or IT's son as far as I could throw them so will not agree to a meeting like this at all.

Do you think I should write a few words of sympathy as a mark of respect to the mother, as I don't want to sound like an unsensitive cold hearted bitch, even though that is what they make me feel sometimes.

DO NOT MEET!!!!

Agree 100% with everything LP has written there, if they are serious on making an offer then get it in writing.. this protects the rights of both parties.

As to putting words of sympathy in..it wouldnt make any difference legal position wise so its your call.

S.

IT's son has a distinctly dodgy business record and is known to Companies House... snake's tongue and trap spring to mind.

While I would be tempted to meet my nemesis and look them in the eye (all wired up to record, of course), I'd recommend you steer well clear, as LP says. Did he mark his note 'without prejudice' or anything like that? Meeting in cafés rather than at offices is an odd way of doing business to someone who's used to dealing with legal issues.

Just keep these dolts out of your hair until after Christmas - don't let anything spoil your fun!

Awesome response LP, I was not too keen on meeting this brat, and knowing both father & son I know they would want to take advantage of the situation they are in at present. I will write these letters out and do as you have advised.

I do not trust IT or IT's son as far as I could throw them so will not agree to a meeting like this at all.

Do you think I should write a few words of sympathy as a mark of respect to the mother, as I don't want to sound like an unsensitive cold hearted bitch, even though that is what they make me feel sometimes.

I'd say no to your question. They don't deserve your sympathy. And saying something nasty - which is what I'd like to do - would only work against you, so better say nothing at all.

IT's son has a distinctly dodgy business record and is known to Companies House... snake's tongue and trap spring to mind.

While I would be tempted to meet my nemesis and look them in the eye (all wired up to record, of course), I'd recommend you steer well clear, as LP says. Did he mark his note 'without prejudice' or anything like that? Meeting in cafés rather than at offices is an odd way of doing business to someone who's used to dealing with legal issues.

Just keep these dolts out of your hair until after Christmas - don't let anything spoil your fun!

I tend to agree a bit with DB. But I don't think sending the letter now can hurt. If you had to meet them then I'd say only after New Year, but you shouldn't so I don't think sending them a letter now can hurt. In fact getting it out of the way now is probably best.

Obviously don't deal with this too much over Christmas & New Year - at least if you want to have any fun!

Nobody's asked me anything - hint hint!

Hi DB and I see you know what kind of a xxxxx IT's son is. The letter he sent was just by ordinary first class. He did not write his name or address on the back of the envelope. I think he is just trying to be clever by covering his tracks.

I have no intention of meeting with him or IT's father. There is nothing left to negotiate. This has been going on since April 09 when I issued my claim, and the next hearing is in March. That will be nearly a bloody year, I have concrete evidence and still this has been dragging on for so long.

I am not too impressed with the courts giving such a long date.

Hi DB and I see you know what kind of a xxxxx IT's son is. The letter he sent was just by ordinary first class. He did not write his name or address on the back of the envelope. I think he is just trying to be clever by covering his tracks.

I have no intention of meeting with him or IT's father. There is nothing left to negotiate. This has been going on since April 09 when I issued my claim, and the next hearing is in March. That will be nearly a bloody year, I have concrete evidence and still this has been dragging on for so long.

I am not too impressed with the courts giving such a long date.

I think on this occasion I wouldn't blame the court at all. At first you filed really bad PoCs - so the Application hearing was really when all started.

WHOOPS I LP you got there before I posted. I am not going to meet him. What is the point, it can all be done in writing. I know how these people operate, and they obviously must have something to hide otherwise they would fight me to the end. I am not budging on my decision. I should write pay up or shut up, but better write what LP has suggested.

I won't write any words of sympathy. IT's wife was also responsible for all the problems that me and my OH received, but she is no longer here and I will not speak any ill words against her. I think I am still a bit civilized for that, if nothing else.

I think on this occasion I wouldn't blame the court at all. At first you filed really bad PoCs - so the Application hearing was really when all started.

Truly said LP and I totally agree. Well at least I have learned many a lessons along the way from you.:D

Put this thread into hibernation, frettful... winter starts next week, after all!

I dare say LP could do with a rest too (though he's busy all around the forum).

And enjoy your Christmas.

Donkey x

PS Don't forget to send IT a Christmas card! I have a very special one available...

LP sorry but I just wanted to make double sure with the letters to send. Should I send one copy of the response to IT's son special delivery, and one copy to IT with a copy of the letter IT's son sent me attached special delivery too.

The reason I ask is that IT and IT's son both live at the same address, and I just wanted to make sure.

Don't lower yourself. This is business.

Have a very happy Christmas and remember good things happen to good people.

Put this thread into hibernation, frettful... winter starts next week, after all!

I dare say LP could do with a rest too (though he's busy all around the forum).

I could do with a 6 month rest!!!!!!!

And enjoy your Christmas.

Donkey x

PS Don't forget to send IT a Christmas card! I have a very special one available...

Lol! I could dream up a beautiful card for IT & IT's son!!!!!!!

Thanks DB I don't think IT celebrates xmas, and if IT did I don't think with the loss of wife IT will be this year.

Doesn't make a difference - you could still send them a Christmas card. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I still get cards.

LP sorry but I just wanted to make double sure with the letters to send. Should I send one copy of the response to IT's son special delivery, and one copy to IT with a copy of the letter IT's son sent me attached special delivery too.

The reason I ask is that IT and IT's son both live at the same address, and I just wanted to make sure.

How old is it's son? Still leaving with it's parents? What a loser!

Yeah, send as above. Just to make sure it's son is not hiding things from it, though unlikely.

Don't lower yourself. This is business.

Have a very happy Christmas and remember good things happen to good people.

I second this!