• Tweets

• I would only rely on your solicitor in this regard. The other two should not have a view.   And, you are responsible for how the court perceive you. They only have your words and deeds to go on. Expecting them to magically see things your way is not a great tactic.
    • Yes, I don't think there is any downside to doing this. If they decline then you can say that in your witness statement
    • Ok! Do you still want me to work on that letter you discussed above in post #26?
    • Thank you for posting up the required details and well done for apparently not revealing the identity of the driver. I am assuming you are the keeper? The depth of ignorance of the parking companies is absolutely amazing. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 is the law relating to private parking and allows those rogues to be able to transfer the charge from the driver [whose name they do not know] to the keeper after 28 days . This is dependent on them complying with the Act. So many of the don't and Alliance is no different. It would help if we could see what you appeal was and to post the back of the PCN as it is lacking so much of the wording necessary to make it compliant so that in your case only the driver is liable to pay the charge. And of course just entering the ANPR arrival times means that they have failed to specify the parking time which is a requirement..  Because the car park was so busy you had to drive around for quite a while before finally finding a place to park which is when the parking period may  actually begin. The poor dears at Alliance have not grasped that particular part of the legislation as yet. To be fair the Act has only been in place for 12 years so one must make allowances for their stupidity . We shouldn't really mock them- but it is fun. You weren't to know but the chances of winning an appeal against Alliance and the IPC is around 5%-and that is high for them. If they allow you to cancel they lose the chance of making money and they would have had a field day when you were there with so many people being caught overstaying because of the chaos in trying to find a parking space then trying to pay.  Your snotty letter could go something like this- Dear Cretins, Yes I mean you Alliance. After 12 years one would have thought that even you could produce a compliant PCN. Did you really think I would pay you a penny extra considering the time I wasted trying  to pay with  long queues at the parking machine, then trying to get a signal to call Just Park. On top of that you then had the cheek to ask for an additional £70 for what dubious unspecified pleasure? You must have made a killing that day charging all those motorists for overstaying because the queues to pay were do long and even walking to pay from the over flow parking fields takes time. And yes I did take photos of the non existent signs in the fields so please don't give me the usual rubbish about your signs being clearly visible. Oh yes that £70. Please tell me and the Court whether that charge included VAT and if it did, why am I being charged to pay your vat? I am sure the Judge would look carefully at that as well as the Inland Revenue. The truth is you had no reasonable cause to ask the DVLA for my data given the chaos at your car park and I believe that you therefore breached my GDPR...................... I expect others will give their views as well.          
    • opps this is going to get messy then if they don't refund. you should never keep util accounts in credit.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Watch as the cash roles in

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been sent this email. I cant believe it, I must be the only living decendent of the family and am looking at a small fortune. Cant wait to buy that car I always wanted.

Dear **********,

I am Mr. *********, a legal practitioner. Please be patient and go through the contents of this email very careful which I believe is a message that will be beneficial to the both of us. I am the legal representative to Late Mr. **** ***. Who herein after shall be referred to as my late client. He died in June 2003 as a result of heart condition.

Basically, my motive of writing you is to assist me secure the funds left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this fund valued at US$6.8Million Dollars was deposited, and I have a mandate from the bank to present the next of kin to the deceased or the funds will be confiscated and so far, all my efforts to get hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive.

I want you to consider this proposal.If you grant your consent that I present you to the bank as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client (since you have the same last name), so that the proceeds of this account can be transferred to you, then we can share the entire proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage.

All legal documentation to back up your claim as my deceased client's next-of-kin will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This entire process will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. However, if this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. Please contact me at your earliest convenient to indicate your interest.

Best Regards,

Mr. , Esq./LLC.

Im talking about 6.8 million here, it must be my lucky day.

If he thinks im handing over any details on my address, bank account or any others then he is mistaken, but Im bored at work and fancy dragging it on for a least a month.

Will try and keep him interested as long as possible :D:D:D

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Dont spose he knows of a Nigerian prince who wants to deposit a load of wonga in my account does he? :D

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Just been sent this email. I cant believe it, I must be the only living decendent of the family and am looking at a small fortune. Cant wait to buy that car I always wanted.

Dear **********,

I am Mr. *********, a legal practitioner. Please be patient and go through the contents of this email very careful which I believe is a message that will be beneficial to the both of us. I am the legal representative to Late Mr. **** ***. Who herein after shall be referred to as my late client. He died in June 2003 as a result of heart condition.

Basically, my motive of writing you is to assist me secure the funds left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this fund valued at US$6.8Million Dollars was deposited, and I have a mandate from the bank to present the next of kin to the deceased or the funds will be confiscated and so far, all my efforts to get hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive.

I want you to consider this proposal.If you grant your consent that I present you to the bank as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client (since you have the same last name), so that the proceeds of this account can be transferred to you, then we can share the entire proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage.

All legal documentation to back up your claim as my deceased client's next-of-kin will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This entire process will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. However, if this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. Please contact me at your earliest convenient to indicate your interest.

Best Regards,

Mr. , Esq./LLC.

If he thinks im handing over any details on my address, bank account or any others then he is mistaken, but Im bored at work and fancy dragging it on for a least a month.

Why don't you reply and say "He WAS my uncle!!! You're trying to defraud me!!! You ba$%£rd!"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ive started off slowly and asked him

"What would you like me to do?"

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

The reply to my email.

Tan & Co Chambers & Solicitors

No:66M, 03Mezzanine Floor Wisma

E&C2, Lorong Dungun Kiri Jalan,

3Damansara Hights, 50490

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

PHONE: +60162787347.

Dear ,

I received your response mail. An old man of my age with three children cannot involve myself in anything that will effect my profession and my family and I am assuring you that all aspect in this transaction must done in a legitimate arrangement. I contacted you based on the fact that your surname is the same with that of my late client.

Concerning the legal aspects of this inheritance claim. With all my years of experience as a legal practitioner, I can authoritatively and confidently assure you that all aspects of this transaction are totally safe, 100%risk free, and have no hazards whatsoever.

I was the legal representative/adviser of the deceased, and according to law, this entails that I am mandated to take care of all legal aspects of his business even though he is no longer alive. For several years before his demise, he was a close confidant of mine. Based on facts available to me, my deceased client had no next of kin to inherit the money he left behind. He came into Malaysia in the late 90's and established an import business. He traded on textile materials which he imported from Taiwan and China.

Based on my confidential discussions with him, he disentangled from his biological family during his early youth and lost contact with them many years ago, before he came to live and invest here. Until his demise in 2003, he had no correspondence with his relatives and I am totally sure that even if they are still in existence, they have no knowledge of his life and business here in Malaysia.

Based on this, I am assuring you that no one whatsoever will come now or after wards to lay claims on this fund, hence I decided to find someone to assist me disburse these funds which I will consider as a waste if it is left to be confiscated by the bank officials.

As his legal representative, I am the only one who can confirm to the bank, the claim by anyone as his next of kin/the beneficiary of this fund, and also authorize payment of this fund to such a person. This is my proposal: I want you to put up a claim to this fund, and when I confirm and authorize payment of the fund to you, and the money is transferred to you, then you will take 40% of the whole amount and remit 55% to me and 5% for motherless babies home.

If you are interested, then we shall proceed to execute this transaction. I will provide all the relevant documents of the deceased upon request. As soon as the bank receives your claim, they will notify me that someone is laying claims to the funds, and I will then proceed to confirm and authenticate your status as a relative of my late client and also the true beneficiary of the fund, and also make recommendations in your favor. Once the bank completes their verifications they will open up correspondence with you and initiate the process of the transfer to you.

All I have explained above are the exact steps and procedures which this transaction involves, and will take a maximum of two weeks to complete both the legal documentation process as well as the bank process.

However, I will only commence this process with you on the proviso that you pledge total honesty, respect the confidentiality of this transaction and keep it as such.

Based on my year’s experience, involvement of third parties in this type of transaction may bring complications which I do not intend to experience.

For familiarity, I suggest we provide copies of valid identification photocopy, and photos if any, attach here with My ID Card and My Certificate, kindly provide yours.

Also, for our correspondence to be easier, please send me your full contact details you may have. Such as your private phone number with your country code and also your fax number, to enable me reach you at short notice. You can find mine at the top of this mail.

Prior to making contact with you, I conducted a research on how best to execute this transfer, and I have equally made some arrangements towards that. Also, I have contacted the chief oaths minister at the high court Putrajaya, Malaysia for the court documents to authenticate this claim and the fact that you have the same last name as the deceased makes things a lot easier for us.

The chief oaths minister will be instrumental in securing the necessary documents which will legally and officially state and prove you to be the true beneficiary of the funds and authenticate your claim to the bank.

The will witness and the affidavit of fact will be prepared by the chief oath minister while I will be putting you in place as the next of kin of my deceased client, as well as the true beneficiary of his fund. I will also prepare some will witness documents and also swear an affidavit of fact in the high court in that respect.

The only financial involvements in this transaction are the fees for some official documents which we need to procure to empower the bank to transfer the funds to you. I will try my very best to accommodate these expenses but this does not necessarily mean you might not be called upon to assist in finance if need be, after all, we are both going to benefit mutually from this Transaction.

Once the documents are in your possession, then I will guide you to file the claim to the bank. Based on the information I gathered from the bank, you will be required to open a non resident Dollars account with the bank here in Malaysia where the funds are deposited (since the fund is held in Dollars), to enable them close down my late client's account and lodge the fund into your own account, before onward transfer to your nominated bank account in your country or wherever you may choose. I will prepare the power of attorney and letter of probate which empowers you as the beneficiary of the funds thereby instructing the bank to transfer the US$6.8Million Dollars to your account.

If you have carefully read all I have explained above and accept to act according to it, then give me a confirmation to initiate the process and send you an Oath Affidavit Form for you to fill the required information to enable me file the documents in your favor as next of kin of my late client/the beneficiary of his funds.

If there are any other questions you need to ask, kindly put them forward so that they can be addressed immediately.

Anticipating your prompt response and positive action.

Best Regards,

Mr. , Esq. / LLC.

0060162787347/ +60162787347.

My reply to them

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your ID as well all looks satisfactory. At this stage to progress any further in the matter and to show your genuine regards for this matter, I will need a bankers draft for the sum of $10,000 to be sent to me. This will be taken off my final figure. As soon as I receive this in the post by courier then I will happily send more details and any and all information that you require. As a solicitors firm I have no doubt that this is readily available to your firm.

Should you find this acceptable then please reply and I will email you my contact details as to where the bankers draft can be sent. As soon as the funds have cleared then as discussed all information will be readily provided.

LOL I like it! Remember to pretend that you think this could be your uncle so you're actually entitled to 100% of the money :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Dear **********,

Best Regards,

Mr. , Esq./LLC.

This email - as you have posted it - contains no less than 63 errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling. That would seem to be about average for a genuine legal practitioner.

These scams are great fun to play with. I had one a ago, with the result that I got him to join my Church of the Psychedelic Manatee, full details of which can be found at this webpage.

I suggest you take a similarly increasingly silly stance with this chap. It's astounding what people are willing to do if they think they've got somebody conned.

Another one here if you want to play some more :p

BRITISH SOUTH AFRICA LOTTERY649

ONLINE NOTIFICATION UNIT

9TH AUGUST 2009

We announce to you the draw of our free webstake lotto

your email address was picked as one of our online

winners in the second category.YOU DID NOT PURCHASE ANY TICKET FOR THIS DRAW

but as an internet user you are automatically considered for this draw.

To file for your prize claim do remember to quote the

following vital numbers:

WINNING DETAILS:

REF NUMBER:AXBTL2075

BTH NUMBER:CL-2351-AP

AMOUNT WON:£789,000GBP

You MUST Contact the underlisted assigned agents:

Mr. Armstrong Tembsa

Email:[email protected]

Mrs Sylvia Woods

Tel:+44 703 599 9317

Tel:+27 717 559 251

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

This is a bit like the emails we received in my family stating a family member had been injured in Africa and needed us to deposit funds in an account for their healthcare...

Sadly for them it was spotted and upset a few people as my nephew was injured in the French Alps in March this year and we have first hand experience of what happens. Luckily my nephew had got decent insurance!