Cahoot debt now 6th DCA

jimbo45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Too true - they get more pathetic the lower they go.

I normally work something like this into the Acc in Dispute letter:

'You are in fact the 5th DCA regarding this, which says it all about your place in the scheme of things'

Found it tends to get up their nose...

David

LOL! Like that one David!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Just send back with the next letter

I am bemused as to why you have got this lemon in your shopping basket... on xxx date the original creditor failed to provide any legal documentation to xxx who were allegedly owners of the debt at that time.

Since then

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

have all failed to produce any legal paperwork.

NOW GET LOST

Of course use a signature font to sign it.....

Edited by sillygirl1
typo
  • Haha 1

Hi sillygirl!

Lovely letter! Thanks for giving me a laugh!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Just send back with the next letter

I am bemused as to why you have got this lemon in your shopping basket... on xxx date the original creditor failed to provide any legal documentation to xxx who were allegedly owners of the debt at that time.

Since then

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

have all failed to produce any legal paperwork.

NOW GET LOST

Of course use a signature font to sign it.....

Hi sillygirl!

Lovely letter! Thanks for giving me a laugh!

Or this one in a language they may understand

Dear Cretins

Just because you were foolish and greedy enough to purchase a debt from XXX which they know is unenforceable does not mean that I will be foolish enough to pay you one penny peace.

I suggest you send it back to XXX and demand a refund

yours etc

• Haha 1

Or this one in a language they may understand

Dear Cretins

Just because you were foolish and greedy enough to purchase a debt from XXX which they know is unenforceable does not mean that I will be foolish enough to pay you one penny peace.

I suggest you send it back to XXX and demand a refund

yours etc

LOL! :D:D:D

Do you mean Moorcroft not Moorfield Jimbo? The 3 pre-court threatograms ring several bells... ;)

Meanwhile folks please take a look at the OFT Register for Moorcroft... It's getting difficult to find so just look under surname 'McRoberts'.

They have 2 entries, both marked 'Current' and both totally and completely lapsed. :evil:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

I believe a DCA has only limited powers in the number of times it can phone you.

Just recently I've had irritating calls from an outfit called C®apquest who seem to have dug up an old debt I thought I had paid off - this debt is within 2 months of becoming "Statute Barred" anyway.

I've heard of some of these scumbags actually buying these nearly statute barred debts from other companies for literally peanuts like £1 per £1,500 so if they get any money at all from just a few individuals it's money for old rope. - Rather like Weatherspoons bulk buying Beer with just a short life left to sell cheaply in its Bars - but at least they offer a DECENT product unlike those purveyors in Human Misery called crapquest.

(Off topic - but shouldn't the whole area of Credit agencies themselves be regulated as this data can go ANYWHERE - no regard to the various Data protection acts and the companies are a Law unto themselves - Experian, Equifax etc etc).

However my point is that every time they phone me when I'm abroad I have to pay some of the mobile phone costs.

I've given them "Cease and Desist" type notices and presumably can also get then to stop via the 1949 Wireless Telegraphy Acts etc but can I sting them for my phone charges due to calls THEY initiate.

As soon as they ask for security - or "Can I speak to Mr xxxx" I put the phone down but there is a charge for even answering the call.

I don't want to not answer the phone but this stuff is costing around 50p to £1 per time and it soon mounts up. capquest haven't got anything they think to lose themseleves by pursuing these old debts.

Any advice apart from getting a new mobile number -- I'm a Freelancer and need the same number - work agencies all have it and I really can't use a new number - especially in this market - if an agency can't get hold of you easily I'll lose the chance of a work contract.

I'd love to pass THEM to a DCA to pay for my phone calls.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

Hi Jimbo,

Not sure whether you could claim it back from them, but depending on your type of mobile, there is software you can install to block unwanted calls. There's one called Advanced Call Manager for Symbian phone systems which looks quite good-allows you to create white and black lists, auto reject etc.

Good news about the Stat Barred though...at least you know it can only go on for a short while.

The minute it's definitely Stat Barred, and you inform them that you will not be paying for that reason, they'll have to leave you alone.

Elsa x

Hi they have no powers to collect from you - if you live outside the UK. Debt in the UK should stay in the UK, Send them the phone harassment letter in the library. Never speak to these idiots on the phone. As you say it costs you- being abroad. They have no powers to force you to pay only a court can, but your outside the UK so tell them to get lost.

PS I'd love to see a doorstep collector call on you!

I'd think on the positive side of things, in a couple of months it's SB, and there is absolutely nothing anyone least of all them, can do to get you to pay!

When you answer the phone, and you realise it's them, just laugh at them, then hang up.

If they are persistent then the only other way to go is prosecution for breaching the Telecommunications Act 1984

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Do Moorcrofts ever actually get anywhere -- I've probably seen more success stories against them than with any body else -- mind you they do have some interesting new angles such as their "Pre School Division" and "Home Visit Division".

Nobody I know has ever paid this lot a penny -- so why don't we suggest to anybody who'se being hounded to a DCA to write a letter begging the account to be passed to Moorcrofts.

Anybody know whose financing this lot -- can't seem to get much details from Companies House.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi the problem is the number of people that do not know their rights and do not knpw about CAG and pay them.

If more people knew about their rights and/or CAG etc then MOORCRAP would not exist.

dpick

• dx100uk changed the title to Cahoot debt now 6th DCA