J d Williams account handling??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 accounts that i have fallen into arrears with, i phoned today to discuss payments as they keep sending me letters charging £12 a pop.

I sent a letter 2 weeks ago asking if they could put the arrears onto my balance and i'll continue to pay my required monthly balance as i can now.

They acknowledge the letter on their system but won't or wouldn't talk to me about repayment terms unless i went through their reccommended "solutions" team who for a fee will cancel interest etc etc and i pay them they then will pay J D Williams?????????

Why can't i just pay J D Williams my monthly payment plus a bit extra to try and pay the arrears?

I have until the last couple of months been a very good customer always paying etc. I have actually 4 accounts with them under different catalogue names and have paid 2 off in full, so why am i treated like a leper now by them?

Should i just continue to pay what my monthly payments are, and a bit extra off the arrears each month or will they just keep hounding me with the £12 a pop letters????

I'm not disputing the money etc. I have used the accounts etc until recently and i do owe the money. They are just being numptys in expecting me to hand over all the arrears which i couldn't even if i wanted to, i can however afford the monthly payments as normal but they are playing the you owe arrears we can't do anything etc etc card.

Passing me onto a nosey "solutions" company though is a no no for me, used a company like that years and years ago and got badly burned , never again.

Think i'll just pay them monthly a little more than normal, if they get silly then they can whistle for it???

The likelihood is that they will not be able to provide any enforceable agreements, if that is the case it puts you in a strong position to negotiate that they remove all the charges or they don't get any further payments. If they see that you continue paying they will just treat you as a total mug and keep adding charges. O.k, you feel the debt exists and that you're morally obliged to pay it. That's fair enough, but you should do it on your terms without them slapping all these unnecessary charges on.

My wife has a small problem with these numpties. I called them last night and explained that she actually only owed £15 as the rest were charges. They would not take off the charges so I have sent them a letter today with a cheque from my account for £15 telling that is in Full and Final settlement and that if they cash the cheque then I will deem that they have accepted the agreement.

Will wait and see what happens now.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I'm not disputing the money etc. I have used the accounts etc until recently and i do owe the money. They are just being numptys in expecting me to hand over all the arrears which i couldn't even if i wanted to, i can however afford the monthly payments as normal but they are playing the you owe arrears we can't do anything etc etc card.

Passing me onto a nosey "solutions" company though is a no no for me, used a company like that years and years ago and got badly burned , never again.

Think i'll just pay them monthly a little more than normal, if they get silly then they can whistle for it???

Normally they just pass you to reliable collections who are part of the same group I believe, these loverly people charge you £99 to set up a repayment plan. Swerve if you can, as advised CCA them, they'll have nothing and then its a case of playing hardball with them to get them to agree to just carrying on letting you pay now.

S.

Agree with the advice given here. I had this mob (and Reliable Collections) on my back and as soon as I sent the CCA request to them (which they failed to provide) I put the accoutns into dispute.

Result?

No further letters, bills or phone calls - life is so quiet now and my postman is happy that he doesn't have to deliver their letters 5 days a week!

Send the CCA request off ASAP - I would bet they haven't got an enforceable agreement in their possession.

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

As above, pay on your terms not theirs. Continue to pay what you feel is the correct amount and send off a CCA request. One of several things will happen, all of which will mean that effectively the account is in dispute. That means, the debt still exists, but is unenforceable by law, even through Court. You can then pay off the exact amount you feel is owing and leave it at that. If they continue to harrass you for the charges, tell the to take you to Court, they are not likely to try that route when you have paid the money you legitimately owe.

There are links to harrassment letters on the site and you could send one of those, as appropriate, to get them to stop bothering you, although technically once an account is in dispute because it is unenforceable they are not legally able to keep harrassing you.

Having paid them on both accounts a bit more than what a normal average monthly account payment is voluntarily i might add, they are still harrassing me. So i'm going down the CCA route and have sent them both off today, see what that brings.

In this day of bad credit etc i would've thought that they would be happy just to start getting normal monthly payments that are not even reduced, therefore they are getting their money.......but no they want it all more and more. Well no more mr nice guy, as said above it will be on my terms not on theirs with added charges on!!!!

Just had another letter from them Final Notice before etc etc. Now the balance has changed by only £50 and i paid them £100, there is no statement just a figure so i don't know how the payment is allocated.

Also they have charged me another £12 for the letter. Its averaging 1-2 letters a week so it is mounting up, its like they deliberately want to stuff me. Its not like i haven't offered to pay, yes i got behind, yes i missed a couple of payments or three.....but i wrote and offered to pay my normal monthly payments if they just added the arrears to the current balance and we could go on from there. So like a mug i paid £100 to one account and £150 to another both of which are a bit above a normal payment but still they harrass me.

So i've sent them the CCA letters yesterday. It really doesn't make sense, i want to pay , they want me to pay........but they want ALL the arrears which i can't afford on top of normal payments and won't enter into an agreement without me going to their reccomended "Solutions Firm", sounds like a drumming up of business to me. I don't like solutions options either nosing around our finances, the guy i spoke to said yeah we allow £190 for food shopping/living a month for a single person and a bit more for a family, basically you end up on just a meager existance while they take take take and then want more. No Way i say!!!!.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a reply back from one of the accounts regards my CCA. Which is a bit confusing as it shows no arrears and a repayment term , that will mean i pay a set amount for 30 months , but my account should go down as should payments inline with the balance???????. No other communication from them.

fworld.jpg

So does the above letter contain their proposals for me to clear the account, because i have had no other letters from them saying that is what they intend, also if i did accept that then how do i implement these terms, will they send me a statement, bill whatever?

• 2 weeks later...

The letter they've sent you is from "Accounts Management Team". All the other replies to CCA requests I've seen on here have come from either "Data Protection Team" or "Legal Dept" - who are same people. "Accounts Management Team" sound more like credit control.

Have they stopped chasing you?

They have sent you what they normally send people when they do not have an enforceable agreement, a blank one which they have entered your name & address & diddly squat else. I take it that your signature is absent? If so, if it ever went to court they would have to produce the original signed agreement & unless you actually signed one in the first place they would have great difficulty in doing so. :rolleyes:

It's up to you what you do, you can either come to some arrangement to pay it if you feel morally obliged to, or tell them to go and swivel. ;)

Yours has come from a different address too - Legal team are at Lever Street. Yours seems to have come from the call centre staff.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will have a look at them for you and comment soon.

Have you looked at other JD Williams threads on here? there are loads! Not surprising when you see the charges they incur and the interest rates.

• 4 months later...

Ok , i/we have 4 accounts with JDwalliams all of which are in arrears, demanding all the arrears and the normal monthly payments, plus interest and plus the £12 per letter they charge everytime they write , which is at least once a week for each account.

Now their inhouse recovery team are involved Unreliable collections, the letters are still coming and phone calls every 15 mins throughout the day.

Now i/we used to have a very good relationship with JDW and always paid on time etc etc, however as things do finances became tight for a bit we ended up behind and now can't seem to get back on board with them as they want the arrears all at once etc etc. This isn't helped by their statement structure which seems to be every 28 days but i'm not sure that they stick to that 100% either as i've had 2 statements in 1 month before , this made it hard to keep up as well with payments as we only get paid once a month so near the end we are always short anyway.

I want to get this situation sorted but am unsure how to tackle it, i dont want to talk to them on the phone because they are hard to deal with, if i write a letter offering some form of payment or similar they will probably still keep on at us and charge us £12 a time plus the account interest.

I'm of a mind to just let it go to Court then offer what we feel is affordable and leave it at that.

Any advice on this would be great.

Hi,

Under no circumstances deal with this on the phone. They will lie, bully and cheat you, simple as that.

send them this

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

Log all phone calls (date time) and refuse to go into security details with them. They cannot then carry on the phone call.

If you have had the accounts a long time, I would CCA them. Letter 8 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

JDW are notoriously bad at keeping (or even making) agreements

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Silverfox....i did as a matter of fact do a CCA request on 2 of the accounts a fair few months back, just to see what they would do.

Got a little form thing back signed in pen by one of them but nothing from me etc and a cover letter saying they don't need one etc etc . I found that funny.

However not having a valid CCA doesn't always stand up in court as i know from my partners case back in sept. Especially when the judge says did you or did you not use the account provided , and has copies of account transactions.