• Tweets

• Dx100uk according to the ICO office, who I spoke to at some length earlier today after getting the email from the court, Equita are the data controller if they have instructed the contracted EA. The ICO have noted the case, and stated very clearly that the court has the higher standing in terms of dealing with, and punishing either party if they fail to adhere to the district judges order and any action they take will not be criminal.    but they also stated very clearly that with what I’ve told them, and on the basis of accepting what I’ve told them as gospel (which it is with written confirmation from both the courts and the police) then there is some major red flags being raised on both sides with them blaming each other.    they’ve advised me to essentially keep my powder dry until there is a charging decision and an outcome from the seperate proceedings with the EAC2 complaint, and then come back to them with the case and they will be in a stronger position to act against Equita and the EA as there will be established facts and evidence that have already been laid before a court.     
    • urm.. i seem to recall another assault case whereby the approved bailiff company claimed the body camera was nor theirs but a pers one of the bailiff, i think they got in serious trouble for it. i believe that breaks certain gov't approval for a bailiff company/firm regulations/laws  if memory serves me right?
    • have a look at  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/451423-pra-letter-of-claim-old-barclaycard-debt/?do=findComment&comment=5256506 the docs in this thread are what you should get. if the agreement the correct date for signup and does the PRA or BC cover letter use the word reconstructed? dx
    • sounds like lesley. They'll respond some rubbish I'm sure.  
    • Even if they have crawled back under the stone, remember they have six years to bring a claim. Let them know if you ever change address.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Equifax your time has come!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
More signatues needed, facebook would be good, any takers on setting up.

Wonder if the mods can email spam this link to all registered caggers, or would solving most caggers problems be against the sites best interest.

That is both a silly idea 'mods spamming the link to all registerted caggers' which as far as I know is not something Cag Site Helpers/Mods or even the management would do for what is essentially a campaign of yours.....If they were to start doing that with every 'worthy cause' and there are many of them found around these parts it would soon turn people off the site ...and secondly it's a ridiculous assumption of yours that 'solving most caggers problems (presumably by cag sending the link to your petition in an effort to reduce the life cycle of a debt on a cra by half) is against the sites best interests. Sarcasm doesn't suit you.

Great idea the petition, fab that people are signing it but don't attempt to mak it look like CAG should take it up as some sort of crusade and start mailing all it's members just to increase your petition count.

CAG probably got here by an idea from it's site admins which then resulted in them spending time and money in bringing the site to life and then watching it snowball and become what it is today (a heaving mass of people all with a common interest in debt and all that it involves).

Start your own website re the car and 3 year limit, you never know your crusade might just take off.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

posted by Deb t "That is both a silly idea "

would solving most caggers problems be against the sites best interest.

I wondered when someone would take the bait, only took 3 months Deb T.

As for being a "silly" idea, I would be pleased to accept a email a day for any petition that could potentially make a huge difference.

This is not MY crusade or campaign, this is for all the people that are being kept in nice little baskets by the credit agencies which enables the lenders to keep ripping people off.

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often"

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

Edited by danukindebt
Sign it!!!

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

Why would solving caggers problems be against the sites best interest? It's people that matter.:confused:

For information the site does not have money spare to send out emails to all it's users on a regular basis.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Head count at 477 signatures in 6 months mainly from this one thread.

Almost at the magic 500, thanks everyone !!!!!!

Petition to: reduce the time Credit reference agencies hold data for to 3 years. | Number10.gov.uk

Take Control

Signed

Ever thought about using Facebook to increase the numbers?????

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Just added it onto my facebook, if rage against the machine can get to christmas no1 using facebook im sure we can get a couple of sigs on the website

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

• 1 year later...

Got an email today with a response to the petition, at least we tried to make them see sense.

Got quite a few signatures to say the petitions were shot down when the new gov came into power,

120,000 sigs needed to debate in parliment, damn

Government response

Data retention by Credit Reference Agencies is a matter for the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest. Their work includes agreeing specific business-sector requirements and this six year rule is one of those agreements. The government has no present plans to single out this area for exceptional treatment.

The Government is passing legislation to establish a new Consumer Protection and Markets Authority; you can read more about that at the following link - http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/fin_consumer_protection.htm

The Government is very focused on creating conditions for growth and all options are under constant review. The government’s economic analysis and policy response is formally reviewed each year in the Budget Report. The Chancellor has announced that the date of the next Budget will be the 23rd of this month. Coverage will be available online at the following link – http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/2011budget.htm

Take Control