• Tweets

• In principle what you describe is certainly capable of being defamatory. It would be libel which is deformation in a written or permanent form. A defamatory statement has to be untrue and which is capable of damaging your reputation – and what you describe certainly seems to satisfy that. The problem is bringing an action for defamation is difficult and risky because if you lose you could be saddled with the other side's costs which could be substantial. I suggest that a better way forward would be to make a complaint to the school governors and also to the local authority education department. You might find that they are slow to react and that they prefer to drag their feet – but then a subsequent complaint to the local authority ombudsman might move them on. I would certainly make sure that I had evidence of everything. This means that you should put together a detailed statement about the argument you had with the deputy head teacher. You should also start making a list of all the people who approach you and what they said. Your problem will be that if you then approach any of those people for statements, because they are worried about their own relationship with the school, they will realise that there is a risk that they might themselves find themselves in the middle of a formal dispute and it is likely that they will be very reluctant to help you. The best thing to do is to start keeping detailed notes of what is said to you by people so that you have evidence of the difficulties it is causing you. In particular, if you find that anything is said to your child about this then I think it is capable of being put down as a form of bullying which is being facilitated by the school – possibly the deputy head teacher I would be careful about actually pointing the finger at the deputy head teacher – as you have no evidence it is simply a suspicion. You definitely don't want to begin a complaint and then have it look as if the real purpose of your complaint is to have a crack at the head teacher and not really to undo any damage to your reputation. I think you need to understand what you are asking for here. It is unlikely that you will be compensated unless you went to court – but I think that a full apology and a withdrawal of the allegation which has been suggested in the school magazine would be appropriate. I think it would be reasonable for you to insist on a formal withdrawal of the allegation in the next edition of the school paper. Whether or not you ever manage to pin the blame on the deputy head teacher, will be difficult. I certainly wouldn't start making that your objective.  
    • Well done and thanks for concluding your topic......title updated.   Andy
    • This is just my opinion but I'm with the OP on this.   I don't see how or why the management company can hold all residents responsibile for the actions of others, especially as it sounds like the bin areas are not secure, so anyone could be dumping rubbish and may continue to do so once they discover that the rubbish gets cleared away at someone else's expense.   I would write to the management company and advise them that you wil not be accepting any charge to clear the rubbish until they ensure the bin area is secure or provide secuirty such as CCTV .   Bear in mind any extra security will mean extra charges for the residents but as it seems they expect you to pay anyway you may as well get something for your money.   Can you get all the residents together to sign the letter? Strength in numbers.
    • The school where my kid attend posted in their newsletter a photo of our car, in which they made an example of us for the wrong reasons.   They stated that some parents lacked respect to the community by blocking the road and park illegally, and they gave an example of us by taking a picture of our car with a traffic warden standing by. The school choose on purpose to use that information without verification, because we did not do that. I wrote the school asking for an pology, but I suspect they will not and I am exploring my options here, because this has caused us a lot of stress, many parents saw the news and came to us.   My question is there any merit for a case to be brought against them, and if so, what is the procedure and what should I claim.  I have been going to that school of about 10 years, but I suspect eh deputy headteacher is behind this, because of an argument I have had with him lately. Thanks    
  • Our picks

Equifax your time has come!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3545 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sign my petition, 6 years is too long to hold OUR data, the fight starts here !!!!

Petition to: reduce the time Credit reference agencies hold data for to 3 years. | Number10.gov.uk

Especially when data has been processed for 6 years, then the Creditor re-records the same account information for a further 3 years; Double Punishment!

AC

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed! A ridiculous amount of time to judge on your ability to deal with credit, I have had four children in 6 year hows that for, how different your life can be in 6 years!!

hi allwood

I admire your enthusiasm for this, can you get the link into your signature under all posts, because i cant,,,, this will help

Edited by danukindebt
error

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

Signed

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

I never go into facebook therefore I have not got a clue on how to do it there. But we must keep this on at the top of the thread so people can see it and sign....................................:|:|:|

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

Edited by Allwood
Sign my petition, 6 years is too long to hold OUR data, the fight starts here !!!!

Petition to: reduce the time Credit reference agencies hold data for to 3 years. | Number10.gov.uk

***** Signed! *******

Ste

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

******* Signed! ********

Ste

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.