calling all Mortgage Express customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - appreciate it

No worries someone's looking at it now so hang in there ok?? :p

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

Thanks for the response DeH's,

I did however manage to rent out my second room (behind the lenders back) which has obviously been giving me the little income that I use to make part payments.

Not too sure how to best approach this.

Be careful G cos unscrupulous peeps do roam these threads & I wouldn't want your little bit of relief to become a headache 4 ya!!

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

gee gee, if you are unemployed are you not able to apply for mortgage interest relief from the DWP?

If you apply for mir then any possession proceedings have to be put on hold while your claim is processed.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

gee gee, if you are unemployed are you not able to apply for mortgage interest relief from the DWP?

If you apply for mir then any possession proceedings have to be put on hold while your claim is processed.

See you're just too good at this!! Good point & the criteria has changed in your favour too now 13 weeks (instead of 39) uemployment to qualify & a £200k (not £100k) threshold

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am back in court next month. This time it's review. Last time I was in court, the judge granted suspended repossession and I was told to pay my normal monthly instalment plus an amount to clear the arrears in the remaining term of the mortgage (thanks to help given by dehowletts and Ell-enn).

When I went to make my August payment the guy and MX said, "Let's look at whet the court decided." He said, "the court has ordered my payment to start from 1st Sept and that as long as I pay before the end of the month this would be fine." And, since then I have been paying instalments required before the end of the month.

So my arrears are ~£2500 at the end of the month. Court review is 1st week in April at which time the arrears will be ~£3200. Also, the solicitors sent me a bill of £411 in Oct 2009 saying that I could pay before 14th Dec or their charges will form part of the arrears. Last time they even tried to get penalties on to arrears but the judge said this was not allowed.

Where do I stand and what I need to do or take with me to the court.

Also, one more thing as I left the court last time the judge said MX's behaviour/conduct was not in her jurisdiction and advised me to my case to OFT. But, MX's final response said if I was not satisfied with them, I should take my case to Financial Ombudsman. Who should I take it to?

My main complaints are that:

1. They never give full name (only give first or last name).
  2. General £!$$ you off by either cutting off or not coming back or refusing to take the payment for one reason or the other, like call later, he/she has had to go for a break or the systems are down. And if you call 40 mins or so before closing time, the phone is repeatedly cut off and then 'sorry we are closed'.
  3. Any promise or agreement they make on the phone is denied later and you cannot even speak to the original person - any excuse.
  4. Repossession proceedings were rushed through - I was told that I had to clear arears within six months and if I could not the case would be sent to HO for decision. I phoned and wrote asking for case to be referred to HO. I never received any reply to that - usual conduct with MX (the trails die down and others are started). and when I phoned to asked why the repossession proceeding if I am still awaiting their response to my request. the guy just said, "They could not get hold of me on the phone" - one call!! I was called the day before the court hearing ...the guy gave his first name and when I called back, I was told there is no such person in the company.
  5. Plus general arrogance and harrasment when calling to pay.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 1 month later...

hi i too have had major problems with both mortgage express and walkersingleton for the last two years in march 2008 i was in two months arrears on my buy to lets approx £8000 now according to my statements its nearly £42000 thats because ME put WS in charge who failed in everyway even allowing one tenant who they managed since she moved in to build up two years arrears and for her to move out without informing any one another tenant done the same owing nine month i had to inform WS who have since informed me they are going to sell both properties and i have no say i have contacted ME and offered to pay any arrears owing before WS were put in charge they said i owe the full amount even tho WS allowed them to rise i have been pushed from pillar to post i have sought legal advice and have been told i have a good case for negligence against WS but i cannot pursue it as i have no income im a widow and i have run my buisness through some terrible times i realy dont want to lose it now but i dont know where to turn i feel a bit better finding this site cause i thought i was going mad i think we will better and stronger as a team to fight this they can not carry on messing with peoples lives its wrong luv n luck marley 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

me and my partner have lost 2 homes in a year due to morgage express,the first prop wasa buy 2 let wich was being rented out and morgage being payed,then my partner found it hard 2 find work as he is self imployed as a roofer so we had to kick tenents out put the house up 4 sale wick we sold 4 £102.500 wich left £6000 short fall so they wouldnt let sale go threw so they took it,my partner had no choice then 2 go bank rupt then they sold it 4 £87.500 what justice is that.they have ruined my familys life

No. there is no justice. Odds are stacked in favour of the rich. If you look at the original laws of England hence the rest of the world, the laws were put in place to protect the wealth of the wealthy. So, if you are rich you can get so called 'justice' today but if you are in the upper segment you have to hope and pray.

MX, the banks, the judges and the law makers are all in it together. Justice is no more than a game. If there was justice then once they repossessed your property that should clear you of all debts taken against the property. After all, they had it valued before lending you the money. Amazingly enough those who are in a position where they can never lose have the most rights and the ability to absolutely ruin you. This includes Councils, IR and the VAT amongst other. Banks come in the same category; only the mechanism is different.

You have my sympathy and my prayers. I have suffered in their hands too.

Hi

I actually started this thread & am surprised to realise it was actually years ago now. I am sorry to hear of your plight due to this now nationalised company & I wish that you'd found this forum sooner because maybe some of the people on here could have helped you.

DeH's x

• 1 year later...

Update on my case. After all the aggro from Mortgage Express gave me I have ended with a suspended repossession as previously stated. Judge said court has no jurisdiction on how companies conduct their business. So, I complained to FOS and after lengthy investigation Mortgage Express refunded all charges and paid me £150 for inconveniencing me. Some silver lining... effectively they bought suspended repossession. Court got their money, lawyers got their and my pain was valued at just £150. MX are still as arrogant and disorganised as always. Still changing rules and putting charges on. I avoid all contact on the phone with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a Mortgage Express customer since July 2006 . Following matrimonial breakdown in 2007 and 7 months out of work in 2007 - 2008 I was in arrears to the tune of £12000. Justifiably taken to court and asked to pay £145 on top of the regular monthly mortgage payment in August 2008 - by which time I was back in full time employment. 18 months later I received an astonishing letter informing me that I had defaulted on the court order by over £3000 (false claim) and asked to pay an additional £220 on top of the extra £145 as agreed via the court order for three months. Having done what they asked I was shocked to receive another letter in March informing me that I had defaulted on the court order by over £2500 - I am sure they make the figures up as they go along. Having entered into a non prejudice agreement which will clear the arrears in just over 5 years instead of the 6 1/2 that would have been the timescale by adhering to the court order I've had enough of their false claims so I have reported them to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Consumer Credit Counselling Service, Citizens Advice Bureau, Office of Fair Trading and my local MP. This bunch really are a collective shower

Communication has always been very poor. They have got much worse since being taken over the government.

They call me 3 times a day prob cause im in arrears :(

Im too scared to take the call though

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

Can I ask and could some answer?? why do we spend so much time bitching about MX but no one has set up a list for us to contact each other to share court room expreriences and judges comments so that each time we can better our chances of winning against these thugs?

is there no active group against MX? Common people we have all read comments on here going back to 2006 and no one has shared the final result of a case or the judgement and the reasoning that could actually help others

LET US ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS FROM TODAY!!!!!! I do not have the techincal know-how otherwise i would have done something right now within this thread

Hi, Here is what happened with me.

MX played their usual tricks i.e. lies, more lies and hounding and cornering. I went to court for a repossession hearing. The judge heard MX's side, acknoledged my side and then said 'Can you play £30 extra per month towards arrears?' I had £1200 arrears and tried to explain that this was really one month's arrear but MX have wrongly stated that I was 5 months in arrears; interest coming down bringing my monthly repayment to just over £200. The judge repeated 'can you or can you not pay £30 per month' - if not I grant repossession now. I said I could and MX was granted suspended repossession with review in 6 months time.

I turned up for review and this judge asked MX if they had any complaints and MX said no. This judge effectively told MX to stop wasting court time for petty sums as even on that day he had dealt with arrears of £30000 upwards.

So, it really depends on the judge. There is no justice as such. Judges are partial.

Update on my story is that I took my complaint to FOS. MX agreed to refund all charges and paid me £120 for 2+ years of pain. Suspended repossession remains which is probably all that MX were interested in and for £500 of accounting it was not a bad deal for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I have around 40 mortgages with MX.

I have missed 2 months payments, am now in breach of contract. I have now paid off all arrears and have confirmed that it will not happen again. I have around 180 properties in my portfolio and have suggested instead of just paying the interest I repay a lot of capital every month as well.

My credit rating is not good but I have lots of excess income I can use to pay them back, just not all in one go. They are telling me I have to pay 750k in 6 months and another 250k in 12 months. I do not have the cash available.

Most of my houses with MX have very little or no capital if sold to pay back mortgage, also because they are heavily remortgaged any sale would incur huge capital gains tax and they would not get their money.

As a result they are trying to force me to shorten the term of all mortgages longer than 10 years to 10 years maximum.

The way i see it they have 3 choices:

1 - Force sale and receive approximately 3.5m instead of 5m over the next few years

2 - Force my properties to an agent who will charge large fees and give the rest of the income to MX

3 - Leave the properties with me under the agreement I will pay lots off the capital every month using all my other properties

Surely they were negligent by allowing me to remortgage to this extent?

They would lose excess money by forcing me to use option 1 or 2, is this not a crime against the tax payer?

I really appreciate any advice on this front as it appears they are just trying to bully me to get whatever they can???

Thanks

me and my partner have lost 2 homes in a year due to morgage express,the first prop wasa buy 2 let wich was being rented out and morgage being payed,then my partner found it hard 2 find work as he is self imployed as a roofer so we had to kick tenents out put the house up 4 sale wick we sold 4 £102.500 wich left £6000 short fall so they wouldnt let sale go threw so they took it,my partner had no choice then 2 go bank rupt then they sold it 4 £87.500 what justice is that.they have ruined my familys life

You should book an appointment with a solicitor (many give first appointment free) It is their (mortgage company) duty to sell the property at the best possible price which they have clearly failed to do. This is a breach of the FSA Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules (MCOB's). Had they allowed the original sale the shortfall would have been £6,000 it is now £21,000 and therefore not in your best interest. They took a gamble on getting the full amount and lost, you should not have to pay for their gamble, you should only be required to pay the original £6,000 shortfall.

you should also report them to FSA.

To all those with charges - below is a fine placed on another mortgage company for breaches of the MCOB's on page 4, section 2.6 (3) deals with charges and page 6, section 2.11 (5) shows what the mortgage company had to do to correct the breach.

[ATTACH]39442[/ATTACH]

If the charges are more than COST then they are excessive

Hope this helps

Edited by rdm2006

• 1 month later...

pigland... I have been dragged thro' the mud on the lpa receiver issue. B2L lenders have the right to use LPA receiver court order when they deem that there was a breach of mortgage terms and conditions. These conditions are the hefty pages attached to your MEx offer. of course B2L are un regulated products, FSA cannot help. See my e petition link, which only 62 people cared to sign up. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/30563

I have a friend who lost 35 properties in this process because the LPA took over and increased his arrears via mismanagement. This young entrepreneur has since lost his 'marbles' and left the country. It's been 2 yrs and he is still recovering from the mental trauma. Another former business partner of mine just lost 27 of his B2L via the same fashion. I managed to keep my portfolio only because I agreed on over payments and signing new terms of shorter long period and the allowing them the ability to sell my entire portfolio whenever they want! I am aware of some of the same names that keep popping up here in the forum that are still fighting. I am still up for class action proceedings but I do not see how we can take any of this forward. I have spent the best part of the last year trying to summon people together.

rdm2006 fsa does not regulate b2l's. trust my guys/ girls, this organisation is government backed and they have the best lawyers in terms of knowing the legal system in the UK. we are all snookered unless we can do something to bring this to the notice of the press. Incidentally this happened last yr when we managed to get an article onto mail on sunday http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2105915/Northern-Rock-B-B-bad-bank-forcing-sell-loss-buy-let-landlords-claim.html

then the ukar countered with http://www.introducertoday.co.uk/news_features/ukar-repays-E2A3215bn-to-taxpayers

They have all the power and muscle; they are the government! Search my user name and you will see all my moans here in previous threads.... no avail and in more crap with my 40 plus property portfolio

• 11 months later...