style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh see now you're going to get me into trouble with my mum when I go and print the info on there out and leave it lying round her house when they come:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

The cards explaining the difference between a fish and a carrot are great!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

'Now, thanks to the Vegetarian Society I know fish are not vegetables'

Excellent:lol:

I recall being at a Morroccan restaurant a few years ago, and hearing the woman on the table just across from ours earnestly informing the waiter she was vegetarian, then pointing to a menu dish and demanding to know if there were real baby chickens in the chickpeas.

I thought the waiter held himself together remarkably well. Unlike her fellow diners within earshot...

I once knew a veggie that drank Grolsh, I'm sure it was a by-product of the Sturgeon that made it not so, but it is not used now. I used to love the banter of winding him up. :D

Just checked and there are loads of fishy bits used in several brews.

Steer clear of the Stella, veggies!

I once knew a veggie that drank Grolsh, I'm sure it was a by-product of the Sturgeon that made it not so, but it is not used now. I used to love the banter of winding him up. :D

Just checked and there are loads of fishy bits used in several brews.

Steer clear of the Stella, veggies!

Really?? That's a little disturbing:eek:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I dont think the OH is bothered about the by products of fish in beer.

He like both lol.

Castlebest. U made my OH and l laugh about ur fishing comment. I think if u are not managing to catch the fish maybe they should be eating more carrots. LOL

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well its obvious that all drinks manufactured from water have fish by-products in them :rolleyes: fish have nowhere else to do there by-products as they have never had a fish called Alexander Cummings (no it wasnt Thomas Crapper) :D

I've nearly been converted into a vegetarian.

My flatmate made a spag bol the other day, and for some reason only the Almighty can explain, decided to use some of the fact from the mince in the sauce instead of water.

Needless to say, my stomach was churning and I was physically sick yesterday. He's been told not to do it again otherwise it does not get eaten.

Well, I have just come out of 5 days in hospital where I became a non-meat eater by default, as the hospital meat would make a lion eat carrots, and by gum, am I glad to be out. All I fancy now is a giant steak. :-D

Hi Bookie - hope you're OK now and it wasn't anything serious

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Good to hear they didn't remove your sense of humour :D

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Anyone remember this?

Hugh's Chicken Run | Food | Channel4.com

Well, about 10 years ago I worked as a licenced slaughterman in a chicken factory, The factory I was working in had 5 lines, the one I worked on killed 250,000 chickens a week and this was not the largest one.

The chickens are fed loads on foods that make them grow fast (I wonder what is in that stuff?), and are about 50 days old when they get slaughtered. The closest they get to fresh air is in a crate about 1 meter by 2 meters with 24 buddies loaded onto a lorry (most of these crates had 1 or 2 dead chickens in them). They still have white downy chick feathers.

This factory is still thiving (I still have friends who work there)

I eat meat still (including chicken, but I make sure that it's free range!)

I read somewhere that if we got rid of all the beef and changed that grazing land into crops then we'd have enough food to feed the whole world. Methane is 10 times worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas and removing all farmed beef would have the same effect on the environment as removing all cars and power stations.

Well, as far as my diet goes I eat a lot of turkey (Home made turkey burgers and turkey meatballs are really easy to make and the kids love 'em) Fish at least twice a week. 1 vegitarian meal a week a roast pork/lamb or chicken on a Sunday.

I'd say on the whole vegitarian debate for people like me who are not ready to make that step that wild foods are going to be healthier and have had a happier life than reared foods. Venison is not that dear (Pardopn the pun) and rabbit/hare is delicious and line cought / sustainable source fish is so good for a growing family.

Whatever people decide, I think although we dont all 100% agree on all the issues, I think we all know pre-packaged ready meals are bad, wholesome home made foods are genrally good. Read the ingredients list of your food shopping and be healthy one and all :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

"I read somewhere that if we got rid of all the beef and changed that grazing land into crops then we'd have enough food to feed the whole world."

Yes Im sure that is correct, however I sure we would all get sick of eating toast and margarine after a few days.

The way to stop global warming is to reduce the world's population not increase food production.

Put it this way, there were 3.5 billion people on the planet when I was born (1963) and there are 7 billion now. If I live to 70, there will be 10 billion.

The world isnt getting any bigger and they arent making any more land.

Just lots more people who are getting greedier and/or hungrier by the day.

I'm pretty sure that it is only correct in the most simplistic manner, you know, take all land mass, multiply by crop volume, divide by the number of people on Earth, bingo, starvation problem solved. And as Noomill rightly points out, it would also mean the end of dairy products. No milk, no cheese. Doesn't bear thinking about. :shock:

Life without cheese????? :eek:

:eek: Never !!!

Says she, savouring a nice piece of Cambozola mmmmmmm :)