Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a demand for payment from muck hall. They claimed that I owed nationwide building society £700 ish. In fact I have an active and in the black account with nationwide - to cut a long story short I got a PM which I have cut and pasted below. I have removed the name and contact detail of the person from C4, but if anyone would like them, I will happily PM them to you.

We have received information from (and spoken to) a company called Hardcash Productions who produce TV programmes for Channel 4...they want to interview people who have had bad experiences of DCA's (Blair Oliver And Scott is one of those they are keen to expose) Especially their tactics against the OFT's guidelines !!. They are known to us and their investigative jounalism is very good....If you want to have a chat with them to find out more. I have spoken to XXXXXX and she is very nice...and she identified your thread as being of great interest....if you want to contact her these are her details....I respect your privacy and fully understand if you didn't want to talk to them....but the more exposure of their tactics the better...Let me know...

Hope this is of interest - hope we dont crash channel 4 on the 20th!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Kilo of Semtex?

Do you mean to draw the regulator's attention to their ongoing flaccidity, or the use of HE to remove the cause of our complaints?

If the former, there is a risk of collateral damage leaving fewer regulators; I propose that some form of electrical cattle prod would be effective. If the latter, HE might do the job, but I suspect that an L115A3 would be far more satisfying.

1st crud have had more than their fare share of expose

Indeed, but they also continue to be non-compliant, and that creature Nathoo remains as the Chairman of the debt-industry's bottom-sniffing club, the CSA.

1st Credit understand the situation perfectly; they are taking a calculated risk that the OFT, having eventually threatened them with serious action, will not have the testicular fortitude required to actually impose substantial financial sanctions or revoke their credit licence.

So far 1st Credit's strategy seems to be paying off.

If the OFT dont start issuing fines/taking away licences soon, then im afraid it will be left down to the general public at the end of its teather to take matters into their own hands.(vigilante style)

The DCA's have threatened everyone for too many years now - the public can only take so much :mad:

Edited by mr.ton

I've been thinking much the same thing about politicians in the last few years, that the public will blow it's top. But I fear that I won't see any swinging from the lamposts down Whitehall in my lifetime. It's still nice to imagine it though :D

If the OFT dont start issuing fines/taking away licences soon, then im afraid it will be left down to the general public at the end of its teather to take matters into their own hands.(vigilante style)

The DCA's have threatened everyone for too many years now - the public can only take so much :mad:

but then if they do that then when a new batch of DCA springs up in their wake then the OFT has to start the ball aching process of issuing guidance, warnings small fines big fines all over again

far better to punish and strictly limit and control those already in existence-

Introducing legislation which makes the directors managers and individula staff personally liable for their actions - now there's a sanction worth pursuing

Credit Today understands that allegations include collection professionals putting undue pressure on vulnerable debtors, making premature threats of bankruptcy and chasing third parties and statue barred debts.

You'd think their industry website would get it right wouldn't you??? :D

Anyway...I think it's awful that debts shouldn't be able to have statues.

I'm thinking of having a statue of Dick Turpin for mine...

You'd think their industry website would get it right wouldn't you??? :D

Anyway...I think it's awful that debts shouldn't be able to have statues.

I'm thinking of having a statue of Dick Turpin for mine...

Don't you just love the professionalism of the DCAs and their murky entourage :lol::lol::lol:

Hmm, If it is the Hardcash Production programme ,I know they were very interested in Marlin/Phoenix Recoveries tactics in turning unsecured debt into secured debt with charging orders at every opportunity. ooh exciting :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Expect to see alot more guests sniffing about between now & Monday :cool:

Yes I'm still here, and no doubt still showing up as a 'Guest'.

If anyone has anything to say, don't let 'Guests' put you off, or references to 'Guests' - it is a tactic used by DCA's/Purchasers who want you to believe they know exactly what you do on CAG.

It's B........t.

Surprised it's still going on after all this time...(and so many explanations).........

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Marlin's MD has already been busy trying to defend his firm's behaviour. He thinks the programme might have an adverse effect on his drones:

Dunphy expressed concern over the welfare of staff and said the company is working with Dispatches to ensure none of them are put in danger by the programme. "It is a sensitive business and there are safety issues. We don’t want any of our people made vulnerable."

What sort of danger does Dunphy think might result from his company's bad practices being exposed. Will they be sent to patrol on foot in Helmand Province, something that is truly dangerous? Or does Dunphy imagine that someone may recognise a monkey in the pub and give him a good shoeing? I suspect the chances of either are remote, and that in fact Dunphy's nauseating words are designed to divert attention from the reality, which is that he has been caught red-handed. What a chopper.

I do find it strange that they specialize in threatening people, yet they are concerned for their employees personal safety....simple solution morons - stop the threats ;)

Impossible.

If Joe Public and Janet Street-Person knew the truth, nobody would ever pay any 'debt' if they hit hard times, and then we would really living in a world of .....'s '

I do find it strange that they specialize in threatening people, yet they are concerned for their employees personal safety....simple solution morons - stop the threats ;)

Indeed. Be the hard man when you have the advantage or can hide, then pish your drawers and pretend to be the victim when you're nicked. Classic bully behaviour.

I think Mr Dunphy doesn't like playing Big Boy's Rules.

I think Mr Dunphy doesn't like playing Big Boy's Rules.

Or 'Rules of Engagement'

Unfortunately life is such now, that HMG (HMRC) will almost certainly support them, as they are a (ugly) source of revenue. We've seen all this before.

It's just a case of waiting to see which party can appeal to the majority and find the least painful path..........

A bit of internal diplomacy now will take you a long way - or perhaps appeal to the extremists.

That's not as crazy as it sounds, given the results of recent elections.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks