Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately life is such now, that HMG (HMRC) will almost certainly support them, as they are a (ugly) source of revenue. We've seen all this before.

It's just a case of waiting to see which party can appeal to the majority and find the least painful path..........

A bit of internal diplomacy now will take you a long way - or perhaps appeal to the extremists.

That's not as crazy as it sounds, given the results of recent elections.

With Gordon's prospects of re-election all but disappeared, there's a better chance that he'll give HMG orders to do otherwise.

Unfortunately we're talking 0.5% chance instead of the usual 0.0000001, so you'll probably be proved right:|

Edited by ajax95
typo

...., so you'll probably be proved right:|

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the way the Lords adapted the 'Tribunal, Courts and Enforcements Bill' (et al) to suit the UK is a clear indication of the way things will go for a while.

3 Year Statute Barred is out, ID to control your own Credit file is out,.....more credit to under 18's is OK 'cos it gets them on disk sooner, removal of individual privacy is good 'cos we can tax travellers..... blah blah blah.......

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

there ain't no difference

they're all the same

Lickthewallfatboy - You seriously don't believe this do you?

If you did why do you appear only to hate worstcredit,I owe them money along with the likes of other DCA's - and yes some are worse than others but hey is it our duty to take it out on the staff they employ. I don't think so, as in todays economy they are probably in the same financial mess that we are in. They are after all humans as well - lets try and remember that

You dont think we should take it out on the DCA Staff?

The same staff that speak to people like dirt & are nothing but foul mouth louts on the phone.

Only the occassional trolls we get on here speak like that :rolleyes:

I'm sure you do and i'm not disputing that or defending any dca's or their staff, I do however sympathise with ANYBODY that is in debt and struggling to meet their commitments.

Yes they are people as much as anyone else - but they threaten other people for a living & therefore the sympathy for them is very few & far between.

Absolutely. If a salesman lies and cheats a granny out of her life savings for some dodgy alarm or chairlift etc. it's not OK just because the salesman has his own problems. Likewise, when a DCA or bailiff misrepresents their powers or the facts of law, it is not OK.

They are not acting in the moral high ground, even though they claim to be, they are acting to secure their own commission. The more they can intimidate, lie, defraud and "legally" steal, the better that nights party down the pub.

In fact, I do not think that gratuitously insulting DCA staff is either appropriate or helpful, because it merely lowers us to their level. However, I have sometimes been guilty of amusing myself at the expense of DCA staff of low intelligence, and of using psychological skills against them.

The creatures I would really like to get to grips with are those at the top; the ones who run the companies, and pretend they don't know what goes on at the coal face. The Dunphys, Nathoos and Obermaiers of the industry have much to answer for. The drones are usually just that - the turnover of phone-monkeys is high, and most don't stay long.

I do not share the view that Cyclops and his gang will, in the little time left to them, side with the DCAs. They do not actually generate much money. Far from it - if you look deep enough into the ownership of many, you will see that the real money goes overseas. Remember that most of the debts they are chasing have already been written off against tax, a debit to the Exchequer. Sure, they employ people, but almost all the jobs are low grade, unskilled and commission based. Look how many jobs the banks have dumped - Za-Nu Labour didn't bat an eyelid.

My feeling is that people power will be the winning policy of the next election - no ID cards, less intrusive data gathering and so on. The debt industry would be a small sacrifice that would win votes, and few would miss them.

To the conspiracy theorists I offer this - just why are we in Afghanistan? Fighting the Taleban and stopping the flow of drugs to UK? Or is Broon keeping the military busy because he's worried that one day he'll wake up to the sound of Warriors clanking up Whitehall... :D

Perhaps I am just ignorant to the goings on of dca's staff, and as to whether they acting in high moral ground or not or whether it is only commission they're after, however I do agree with ScarletPimpernel, it is surely the ones that run the companies that should be demoralised. degraded etc etc.

Has nobody ever spoken to a decent/civil debt collector?

Has nobody ever spoken to a decent/civil debt collector?

No. They are trained to bully and harass. There's no doubt that some revel in the effect they have. Remember that the reason bullies do what they do is that they are inadequate; if these creatures had anything about them they wouldn't be working in a callcentre in a commission-based job.

I can then understand the aggression behind some of the comments, I was fortunate enough to get a female collector on the line and perhaps it was my tears that prompted her actions, I don't know, however she put me thru to a debt support team who were very helpful and accepted my circumstances and allowed me to pay token payments.

I think that restored my faith in humanity.

I can then understand the aggression behind some of the comments, I was fortunate enough to get a female collector on the line and perhaps it was my tears that prompted her actions, I don't know, however she put me thru to a debt support team who were very helpful and accepted my circumstances and allowed me to pay token payments.

I think that restored my faith in humanity.

Goodness me..how gullable are you with the greatest respect? :rolleyes:

Is this how you treat all newcomers???

I think It's just a natural reaction from people who have had nothing but harrassment from DCA's for what amounts to probably years . As soon as somebody starts to defend a DCA's actions or says that they are human you tend to get a little suspicious of newcomers, especially on a thread like this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Jesus, nobody is defending them, perhaps I need to find another forum to put my thoughts to, I seriouly thought people on this forum wanted to share their thoughts and feelings, clearly not!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks