Very strange behaviour from MBNA

Coactum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have heard that they record all numbers of inbound calls and so if your husband ever called them using your mobile then that explains how it became listed as a possability. However, I would sugest in that case Laura, a simple "sorry you have the wrong number" would suffice.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

118800 Mobile phone directory was suspended last year 118 800 mobile phone directory suspended | Money | guardian.co.uk, I suppose it is possible they got it from there first however I suspect that Coactum is right and they kept a record of your number from calls to them. There are apps available for Nokia and Iphone to block unwanted calls and texts.

Regards

B

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.

I think that rather than block you simply answer and them tell them they have the wrong number (which they have as this is not your husband) and tell them to remove from their listing immediately. If they fail to do so then report them to Ofcom (I think that is what Office of Telecommunications (Oftel) now come under)

Laura,

Barclaycard were ringing my OH's mobile constantly so I answered a few times and just said they had a wrong number, not called back on his mobile since. If only I could do the same on the landline! Although I know the numbers and ignore.

same happened with me and LTSB. Told them twice they had the wrong number and insisted they remove it from their systems or I would report them. Not called since and that was to my landline

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Wow you got threw to LTSB after just 2 calls. I spent 5 months telling them on the phone.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

so did l i even said l was not me and i even claimed they had me outta church. They eventually stopped when l threatened to issue court papers for harrassement when they had been told numerous times i was not the phone owner.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

The latest action on the old MBNA account front has been text messages from Experto urging me to contact them to discuss their "fantastic offer". Needless to say I have ignored their request although I have sent a text back asking for my mobile number to be removed from their list. The latest message advised me that the offer expired that day.

Do you think they wanted to send me on holiday if I resurrected payments? Perhaps I had won a car! Or there again perhaps the offer was not to break my legs. I guess I’ll never know now as the fantastic offer has now expired.

Am having some ongoing stuff with mbna myself, did get on their severe hardship etc etc due to ill health and whatnot, been paying them 50 pounds a month for several months, now had a letter last week saying account was severely behind (durrr i know...) now the phone calls have started again, only to my mobile they don't have my home number yet! and some e-mails from Aldersey, Nicholas bank of america has come through, haven't cca'd them but think i'm going to have to as they don't seem to be sticking to their arrangement.. Any advice on my next steps please? They have already issued a dn to me so will put it up if anyone can tell me it's invalid? Thanks in advance Oh and please call mbna on 0800 092 4297

Edited by bilious

Hi Bilious, in my case I had two accounts that ended up with MBNA as you will learn if you read all my postings but to save you time I did CCA and discovered that the contracts were questionable at best. I also tried SAR to get additional detail and in the end it looks as if they simply gave up on one account and the other was “sold” to Experto Credite. This has since been the topic of much exchange and dispute and what they are currently trying to communicate with me about.

I would not waste time with CCA, but go straight to SAR. That way you will have all the information they hold on you including the details of your current agreement. In the meantime continue to pay the £50 until you get all the info and then reconsider your situation. You need to send £10 with your request.

I would not waste time with CCA, but go straight to SAR. That way you will have all the information they hold on you including the details of your current agreement. In the meantime continue to pay the £50 until you get all the info and then reconsider your situation. You need to send £10 with your request.

You must send for CCA in order to put account into dispute if one is not forthcoming, or is deficient! They cannot take proceedings if they do not comply with s78.

Thanks for that griffin!!! Will send that off as soon as, silly me thinking they would abide by their own word... i put the number up to see if anyone recognized it as an mbna number (sorry should have said...) so best to not answer the phone to these people as i'm stressed enough as it is?? Thanks in advance, Oh does anyone have a template for the cca request please?

0118 952 5300 called about 8:15 this morning. The caller did not attempt to go through the usual "for security may I ask" instead he simply stated that he was calling from Experto (who now have my MBNA account) and wanted to know if i had received their recent letter I advised that I had not and he said he would send another copy. What the hell was all that about?

The same number just called again (dialed 1471 to verify) only this time all I could hear was a phone ringing as if I initiated the call. I gave it a while to see what would happen but then it cut off.

Thanks dotty! Much appreciated.... have sent one to hsbc which i'm in trouble with as well but the template someone gave only had twelve days on it? will that make it invalid or should i just wait past the 14 days? much appreciated....

• 3 months later...

The latest communication from Experto Credite (who now have my MBNA account) advises me that they know I am a home owner and that they are considering legal action that will result in a charge being taken over my property.

I do feel like replying reiterating my continued denial of the debt and highlighting the presumptuous nature of their letter because as far as I am aware any charge would be at the discretion of the court and only after the debt was proven. However, I do think that a reply merely alerts them to the fact that you are listening and in turn opens a whole new dialogue.

Your suggested responses are most welcome