BBC Article on debt write offs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BBC NEWS | Business | Ministry warns on debt write-offs

More hot air from the Bloated Broadcasting Corporation on debt write offs...

But they are right to highlight the dodgy claims companies out there... would like to see more proof though. If the company in the article is indeed dodgy, and TS can prove it, why not name them?

Think they were trying to get the message across off not using these firms. They also gave the impression that the Rankins came away with loads of money.But this was swallowed up by legal fees.

They also did not mention this site!!! Where you can do it for free.

"Talk to you lender" :D

"We can't help you till you're 3 months in arrears"

1 month in arrears DN

2 months in arrears..DCA

3 months in arrears...Charging Order threats

It's good to talk! :rolleyes:

Elsa x

How true :smile:

If the possibility of writing off a debt is largely based on pre-2005 mis-written contracts, or the lack thereof, then hopefully these companies will, by this criteria have to fade into oblivion with in the next couple of years, unless yet another problem of similar dimensions comes to light.

not going off topic and talking of the rankins

any body noticed recently that the dca have backed off on the rankin excuse not to provide a cca

You're quite right, it does appear so. Maybe their legal people told them what they were spouting was a pile of poo :lol:

not going off topic and talking of the rankins

any body noticed recently that the dca have backed off on the rankin excuse not to provide a cca

Well it was a desperate argument in the first place ;-)

"Talk to you lender" :D

Tried that as well, phoned HSBC and told them that I had lost my job and that as the payments where more than I would get in a month there was no way I could pay and could we come up with a temporary solution. The reply "you can't default on your loan". I tried, cost them £3,000 in the end.

Yes, viewed this on BBC Breakfast this morning;

the opening clip showed the 'Rankines' popping the cork off of a bottle of Champagne!!!

A somewhat distorted pciture about these two was painted, although no names were mentioned...

AC

No!

However, the BBC appear to be giving them plenty publicity???

As I stated prior, the judge had done his homework;

agreed the judgement was flawed but the two individuals hardly came across a general consumers...because they were/are not.

Obviously, you didn't see their website and ads in the free local papers...

Many emminent Barrister's agree that the judgement was flawed and needs overturning.

However, let us hope that judges are not naieve and they do have their researchers.

The BBC prog. was about CMC's, perhaps that is why, it started with a shot of the pair?

Who knows?

AC

Edited by angry cat
error