Brian Carter and Co Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have readd so much on Brian Carter and his cronnies over the past few hours and am still a bit confused.

I have recived a letter at my parents address from Brian Carter and co solicitors stating that i have a un paid judgment debt. It says "Your account has now been referred for issue of a warrant of execution under warrant number..."

I know that i do have an outstanding debt for Egg and this is what is it for but seems to be a fraction of the cost i actual owe. They are only asking for £310.50 and i know i owe at least £1500.

My question is i have never recived any formal paperwork at my parents address or any other address and have not lived there for over 3 years. I am worried that my parents will find out and am at a bit loss of what to do next.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Mnay Thanks In advance

mister carter has a nasty habit of getting a ccj by default,

he sends the court forms to a previouse address

to begin with contact mr carter

ask for the claim number and what court awarded the ccj

there is a reason for this and i dont want to be cagbot

does he infact have a judgement

and its correct

he splits his claims to get his costs first

highly dubiouse but

GET CONFIRMATION YOU DO HAVE A CCJ

Sent him a letter asking for the CCJ details, case number and court as you are unaware there is one. DO NOT USE THE PHONE under any circumstances.

MR CARTER MAYBE A ****** BUT HE IS NOT A DCA

AN INITIAL TELEPHONE CALL WILL RESULT IN A CASE NUMBER AND WHAT COURT IF ANY

IF MY CARTER DOES HAVE A CCJ, HE WILL ENFORCE VERY QUICKLY SO BY ALL MEANS FOLLOW UP WITH A LETTER BUT GET CONFIRMATION OF A CCJ

OR,

Just pay the CCJ amount and save £1200!

Jogs

;)

That would be my advice too. Let him go for the smaller amount, pay the amount in full so that the CCJ is not recorded on your credit file for 6 years......then sit back as there is NO way of anyone EVER being able to claim the outstanding £1200......:D

;)

That would be my advice too. Let him go for the smaller amount, pay the amount in full so that the CCJ is not recorded on your credit file for 6 years......then sit back as there is NO way of anyone EVER being able to claim the outstanding £1200......:D

Thats why I love you :p

Its simple maths and stops all the crap. Pay the reduced CCJ, get it satisfied and laugh at Carter.

Jogs

Thank you all for your help. I have run off a letter to him and posting it recorded delivery today. I hope this can get sorted quickly.

My only problem is i can't pay this in full i know its only £310.50 but i am unemployed and disabled and have no way of getting my hands on that kind of money.

Is it to late to ask for CCA?

You could pay the Part claim, if you can afford or pay by installments. This effectively prevents collection of the rest of the debt.

As Capital one have found out with my alleged account, judgement for £500 satisfied on a £8500 debt.

Account returned to cap one last year, told cap one to send payment demands Bryan Carter for the remaining debt as his abuse of process has prevented them from collecting.

Not paid a penny for 14 months and not heard a word for over 6 months from them.

It really depends on how much you want to protect your credit rating, mine was shot, because I buried my head in the sand, so it didn't really matter. Also depends on your job, e.g may be a problem if you work for MOD or similiar.

I'm surprised Bryan Carter is still trying this trick. He obviously is a total Idiot!

Must add though Cap One also don't have my CCA.

Take Care

jon

There is some very good advice here and you'd do well to consider making the payment if you can.

If you can't you should consider challenging Carter to prove he hasn't obtained the ccj by devious means like using your previous addresses. If he cannot provide suitable documents and proof you can apply for the matter to be set aside and then go for costs and damages.

As you are unemployed a court would only order you to make the most minimum of payments on this debt - probably just £1 a month. So you really have very little to lose but quite a lot to gain and would help others who have yet to face BC&Co's methods.

Thanks for all your help it is gratefully recieved. I will send the CCA request off today and a letter asking for the court name and case number that he alledges he may have relating to a very suss CCJ. I will post back when i recive a reply or any update.

What a great forum. Long live the CAG!!!

He MUST be reported to SRA if this object is getting CCJ s for his fees only. This is against the Solicitors' regulations, and he CAN be struck off for doing it. He can also be struck off for claiming there's a CCJ when there isn't one, or sending a claim to your last address when he knows your current address. After all his dealings, I'm surprised he's still allowed to practice

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Hi All

Just an update on things so far and some more advise needed if poss.

I have today recived a letter to my current address and not an old one (shock horror!!) I don't think it is a letter in reply to my cca request and letter asking for the case number and court where my supposed CCJ was granted. It is of course from the ever friendly Fredrickson International rather than brian carter.

The account numbers do not match up with the letters that i have already sent. Does this mean they have another account for me? Do i need to send another CCA request for this one?

The amounts owed also differ so i am assuming that it's either the other half of the original debt or a totally different one.

This letter is a letter before action and says that the Brand/Product is Lowell Financial Limited. I have never had anything to do with these before and having read the posts here i beleive fred Int, Lowell, and Brian Carter are all the same company.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Byran Carter are saying they are going to put a CCJ against my name for an EGG loan

we are also disucssunig a settlment on the account

They are saying that if I apy £200 now it will hold the application for the CCJ!!!

I dont want a CCJ ATALL.

I am in disuccions about an unenforceable CCA as the egg laon was in 2005

does this hold or affect the CCJ ?

Are they totally seprate issues ?!

I cant afford to pay the 3500 settlement right now that they are offering me

I may beable to over the nect 2-3 months... but i dont know if I can hold out !?

Can anyone shed some light on what is best for me to do next ?!