UKPC Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I recently went to my Girlfriends flat and parked in her parking bay (number 89) without displaying a permit. The permit was in her car which was being serviced. Well i got a ticket slapped on there and was wondering if there was anything i could do about it.

My girlfriend's flat mate drafted a letter for me which is below....

To whom this may concern

I received a parking ticket in Bridge Court car park, Stanley Road, South Harrow, London, HA2 8FE on the 20th May 2009 at 18.33.

I took my friend shopping and he said it was ok to park his car in his spot 89 as we would only be 10 – 15mins and the permit was in his flat. When I received the ticket I contacted your customer services the next day, (21st May 2009), and they advised me to appeal and send a copy of the permit to validate my parking.

I have attached a copy of this permit for your record.

Please could you advise me on the next step.

i have photocopied the permit ready to send off to them. would this be enough?

thanks in advance

mitty

if it says PPC ignore it its a [problem]

if it says PCN then its a council issued one & others will be along to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if it says PPC ignore it its a [problem]

if it says PCN then its a council issued one & others will be along to help

dx

It is a PCN.

can this be contested or would it be easier to pay the fine?

I have to say I haven't come across councils issuing people permits for specific bays before.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Yes, you have to pay. Take it on the chin and display a permit next time.

troll alert........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is a PCN.

can this be contested or would it be easier to pay the fine?

What have you done wrong? Your girlfriend has a permit for the bay and gave you permission to park there.

What you have is not a fine, but an attempt by a private company to make easy money rather than earning an honest living.

Do not pay, and do not correspond with them, they will then move on to easier prey in the same way vultures and parasites do.

Keith....... Has LEFT the building!;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

This is the ticket i got on the windscreen

photo0506.th.jpg

and then they sent a letter to my home address. i dont live there at the moment so my dad decided to ring me and tell me about the letter.

i sent them a letter yesterday with a picture of the permit as well as a photocopy of the permit.

ie. you're falling for the [problem] and trying to appeal.

Expect a template letter back going on about terms and conditions and how your 'appeal has been rejected.'

From now on do what you should have done from the start:

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore the threatening junkmail you receive

• they will give up and go away

I'll wait to hear from them now. I usually pay parking tickets the next day to get it out the way but this one was annoying as I do actually have the permit.

Im scared :(

lol

[problem] relies on victims becoming scared and intimidated. Don't give in and really don't worry about it.

Blame the government - they sell our details to any unscrupulous company who asks for them, at £2.50 a time. Works out at £6 million a year for Brown.

Thanks Al. I'll get through this no doubt :)

I was pretty shocked when I read at the bottom of the ticket something along the lines of "we will be contacting the DVLA for your details."

i received a ticket for parking in a disabled bay at my local tescos i found the man who issued me the ticket and tried to show him my blue badge which i have for my husband who is disabled and was with me. i was told tough luck its issued you will have to pay. the badge was on display but had slipped slightly when i probably slamed the door to hard causing it to move. 10 days later got letter from them with a photo of my car taken from about ten feet away. then five days later received letter from debtrecoveryplus treating me with intended litigation and county court proceedings if i did not pay within ten days . I phoned them spoke to a really rude unhelpful woman who spouted to me that i could in fact be fined £1000 for not having the badge on display in a disabled bay.

i started to give her my card details and then i thought what am i doing we have blue badge so have done nothing wrong. so im afraid when she asked me for my card number i told her to get lost in stronger words. and put the phone down i then worried about it so i tried to pay online but although when you go on debtrecoveryplus web site it says go to secure payment the browser will not allow it. which confirms to me they are a just a group of bullies thinking threating letters will make us pay. i will not be paying them i will be contacting tescos see if it gets me anywhere

i received a ticket for parking in a disabled bay at my local tescos i found the man who issued me the ticket and tried to show him my blue badge which i have for my husband who is disabled and was with me. i was told tough luck its issued you will have to pay. the badge was on display but had slipped slightly when i probably slamed the door to hard causing it to move. 10 days later got letter from them with a photo of my car taken from about ten feet away. then five days later received letter from debtrecoveryplus treating me with intended litigation and county court proceedings if i did not pay within ten days . I phoned them spoke to a really rude unhelpful woman who spouted to me that i could in fact be fined £1000 for not having the badge on display in a disabled bay.

i started to give her my card details and then i thought what am i doing we have blue badge so have done nothing wrong. so im afraid when she asked me for my card number i told her to get lost in stronger words. and put the phone down i then worried about it so i tried to pay online but although when you go on debtrecoveryplus web site it says go to secure payment the browser will not allow it. which confirms to me they are a just a group of bullies thinking threating letters will make us pay. i will not be paying them i will be contacting tescos see if it gets me anywhere

Do not under any circumstancers pay this [problem]. They tried this on my father even though he was at fault as he did not have a blue badge, but at park there because it was difficult to distiguish between the disabled and normal paking bays. I took advcie from thsi forumand eventually they went away.

It is an invocie inviting you to pay, nothing more and nothing less. Bin it and forget about it.

I phoned them spoke to a really rude unhelpful woman who spouted to me that i could in fact be fined £1000 for not having the badge on display in a disabled bay.

I call that fraud.

Your ticket is merely an unenforceable invoice. Private companies have no powers to issue fines. It's a [problem].

By the way, blue badges have no status on private land. Neither do the bays - they are mere graffiti from a legal perspective.

Anyway, you've had a lucky escape. Ignore the threatening junkmail you'll receive and they'll eventually go away. They won't take you to court.

What you can do though is write and express your disgust to Tesco.