me & the OH's debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when it's supposed to be unlisted(our number has never been listed)

those lovely wescot people rang up pretending to be trying to "forward mail"...when the magic word "w****t was mentioned,the phone went dead for some reason ;)

I really really hope it's court papers from Northampton......strike out on 2 counts awaiting :D:D

LOL

I am correct in thinking that once a claim has been struck out,then no other DCA can file for the same "debt"?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

am correct in thinking that once a claim has been struck out,then no other DCA can file for the same "debt"?

I'm pretty sure it is, I ended up in court a few years back for a 'repeat' of something that had been previously discarded with by the courts. The reason the other side gave was 'a locum dealt with the initial case and wasn't fully prepped'. They got a 4k wasted costs order for their troubles.

Edited by blipvert
typo
  • Haha 1

You'll have to think very carefully about to whom you have given your number in recent weeks/months - everything from the obvious like catalogues, banks, Opinion panels, CRA's etc to the less obvious like DVLA, Royal Mail, Local Authority etc etc.

Perhaps they rang a relative who has been hoodwinked into giving it out???

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

when it's supposed to be unlisted(our number has never been listed)

those lovely wescot people rang up pretending to be trying to "forward mail"...when the magic word "w****t was mentioned,the phone went dead for some reason ;)

I really really hope it's court papers from Northampton......strike out on 2 counts awaiting :D:D

LOL

I am correct in thinking that once a claim has been struck out,then no other DCA can file for the same "debt"?

You're correct, but it won't stop some of these sharks (apologies to our finny friends) from trying to resurrect it.

You'll have to think very carefully about to whom you have given your number in recent weeks/months - everything from the obvious like catalogues, banks, Opinion panels, CRA's etc to the less obvious like DVLA, Royal Mail, Local Authority etc etc.

Perhaps they rang a relative who has been hoodwinked into giving it out???

I've mentioned it before but I purchased a pay-as-you-go mobile 2 years ago when I returned to the UK. JBDR managed to get hold of it to chase me for a statute-barred debt I had not incurred. I'm still dangling them on a string before I make mincemeat out of them. A percentage of any damages recovered will be donated to CAG. The rest will be peed up the wall.

Crapquest keep calling my brother/sister inlaw to say they need to speak to me urgently.

When asked what they want my number for they wont say so my brother / sister in law say in that case they cant have my number..... end of call

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

If you ring Dir Enqs and ask for, say, Mr Lickthewallfatboy, they'll generally say that the number is ex-directory. This shows that you have a phone at the address, and the DCAs then set about finding the number form various sources.

Because of my job I have a genuinely ex-directory number. It doesn't show up on Dir Enq's database, and outgoing calls automatically show as 'blocked'. Only family and a few trusted friends have the number, and we use mobile numbers for everything else.

I occasionally get telemarketing calls, usually from US callcentres, which I suspect are random diallers. However, this weekend I had a call which showed up as being Capquest. The caller asked for my other half;

Me: 'who's calling?'

CrapQuest: 'Oh, it's the wine club. We want to send Ms X a free ticket for an event, but the letter was returned, so I just wanted to check the address. Can you confirm that Ms X lives there, and when's a good time to speak to her on this number?'

Me: 'I just want to let you know that this call is being recorded. What did you say your name was?'

CrapQ: 'Err, shall I call later.... umm, will X be in later?'

Me: 'I didn't catch your name. Where did you say you calling from?'

CrapQ: (pause) 'The wine club'

Me: 'Are you sure?'

Click.....

It happens that the other half is in a wine club, but they know the address. She gave them the number because the couriers wouldn't deliver without a landline number. The wine club say they don't share data, and were concerned that someone had been able to access data. The courier firm say that they don't share data either. I won't name them because I think they are genuine firms who haven't done anything wrong.

Now, it also happens that Capquest are pursuing an old debt of SWMBO's for which the OC couldn't produce an agreement. I suspect that some individual is taking money to harvest personal data, which means that somewhere along the line someone else is buying it. Of course it may well be that the fine upstanding people who run Capquest are wholly unaware of such unwholesome shenanigans - but I cannot believe that they are unaware that their staff routinely lie (this is not the first time I've caught them out, but it's usually the old 'we can ring when we like' nonsense), and engage in dubious and non-compliant practices. I'd complain, but previous experience tells me that I may as well as Gerry Adams to walk through Belfast with the Orange Order next July 12 as expect a sensible response.

I rang ICO this afternoon, who were predictably concerned (in a patronising way), but not so much that they think they can do anything.

how do you get a number that directy enquiries have no listing of

If it's unlisted, it's obtainable in certain circumstances by some agencies (e.g. police, security services). DCAs seem to use trial and error as much as anything else (as well as dubiously obtained data).

If it's just ex-directory, then there's a name at the address, and with a name and confirmation that there's a phone, then it's so much easier to find a matching number.

for those of you who haven't donated yet,or are unaware.....£90 needed to complete the fighting fund for UK26 V Experian.This is important and has implications for all of us!!!

thread here......http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/164122-uk26-experian-limited.html

and for those who already know and haven't donated,or who want to again...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2638492