Littlewoods CUT-THROAT tactics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a major problem now with my Littlewoods account.

I have been paying them a token payment via the CCCS for several months now. They have recieved all my information months ago regarding my income and expenditure stating that I am in financial harship. Yet (and heres the kicker) they are constantly applying around £24.00 per month onto my account and they keep sending me final demand notices and won't accept my CCCS info and payments and they state in their letter that I am to "pay them TODAY £1141.60 otherwise they are going to pass on the debt to Nationwide Debt Recovery Ltd".

Below that on the letter it goes on to say "If Nationwide Recovery handles your account on our behalf then you will no longer be eligible for your extra care insurance and they will suspend this for you. When your arrears are cleared we will reinstate your Extra Care Insurance and all the benefits it provides /as provided you. A £12 charge has been added to your account.

Question 1. WHAT ON EARTH IS EXTRA CARE INSURANCE???

Question 2. Why are they still charging me constantly every month at between £12 - £24.00 per month even though they have had my information from the CCCS for ages.

This is really concerning me now.

I just tried ringing but they was, as always totally unhelpful and told me that it is going to be passed on to Nationwide DCA.

Any thoughts on this???

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

bump

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

Extra care that used to mean if you had damage to something that was covered under the normal 12 months guarantee they would sort it out for you. Whether it means the same today as it used to I don't know having not dealt with a catalogue for sometime.

The add on amounts to they say its interest because you've not paid?

You could CCA them and when they can't send you anything you could then put the account in dispute (I think).

I'm sure someone will be along soon who has more knowledge than I do.

If you look around the forum you will see others with problems with catalogues you may find a few tips there as well.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

They can claim as many charges as they want. The charges are unfair, FULL STOP.

If you are going to repay them, only pay exactly what you owe. Now should you ask if they have a valid Credit agreement and they don't hold one, you owe them exactly NOTHING.

Jogs

Brilliant guys, Thanks for your help. I have got the CCA ready to go to them in the morning. I will follow up after the 12 + days to either dispute the account or to SAR them. The ball will be in their court for a change.

I honestly think though that the people running these companies could change their business ethics slightly to give people a chance of getting out of debt.

Anyway I am going to let them worry about things for a few days now.

Thanks once again.

No doubt I will be back for more help in the near future - this site is a godsend for me...:)

Extra care that used to mean if you had damage to something that was covered under the normal 12 months guarantee they would sort it out for you. Whether it means the same today as it used to I don't know having not dealt with a catalogue for sometime.

The add on amounts to they say its interest because you've not paid?

You could CCA them and when they can't send you anything you could then put the account in dispute (I think).

I'm sure someone will be along soon who has more knowledge than I do.

If you look around the forum you will see others with problems with catalogues you may find a few tips there as well.

DG:)

In regards to the extra care I wasn't aware that I even had this - i certainly never got any details through about this and I only found out about this on the 4th may this year when they said they were going to stop it and I read somewhere on here that they charge for this insurance aswell.

In a Nutshell they have been charging me for 4 and a half years for something I wasn't even aware was on my account.

Sneaky beavers.

One is not ammused. lol

I am in a similar boat with Littlewoods too. I sent them about 12 letters, 4 of which were offers of payment, with a budget sheet enclosed, and the rest were harassment warning letters, as we had been getting upto 6 calls a day from them. All letters were sent recorded. Yet they ignored each and every one of them. I kept making a payment of £1 a month, mostly to cover our back, and it showed up on our statements. I CCA'd them - to my surprise, they sent a valid CCA.

They kept hounding for payment and ringing all the time, so in the end I photocopied every single letter I'd sent, photocopied all the reciepts of the recorded delivery for each letter, and sent a complaint, by royal mail special delivery, which was signed for the next day.

They acknowledged my complaint but said they were unable to accept our offer of payment and were now going to pass our account to NDR.

So, NDR have written and I've sent them another offer of payment, for £1 a month, and also pointed out that Littlewoods have been accepting our payments of £1 a month as they're showing up on our statements, and by doing this, they are accepting our offer, and also our terms that no more charges or interest will be applied to the account :D

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

sounds the same as me. are you still getting the stupid charges though?

i should hear from them in the next few days about my cca. and I have already got my sar letter ready to go if they provide me with the cca because i will be reclaiming the charges and ppi. if they dont provide i will dispute the account and pay my token payment without incurring silly charges.

will keep you all posted.

Good point. I shall opt for the paying nothing option. ; -)

For those of you who may have received an "agreement" from Littlewoods have a read of my thread they sent me a blank copy of an agreement with my wife's name and our current address hand printed on it. shame for them that they did not even check their records to see if we had moved after the account was created before trying to pull a fast one.

The thread starts off with PPI and develops from there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/80339-wife-littlewoods-ppi.html

dpick

Ah, my agreement was definately enforceable. It was a photocopy of the CCA I remember filling out, in my hand writing, with my husband's signature on it (as account was in his name).

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol: