DCA: "NCO" debt collectors - what to do?

chrysalis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

I am replying from Ireland to this topic as today (Tuesday 14th April) I received a postcard from NCO threatening me that a P BROWN would be calling me today between 8am and 8pm. When I got this, the fear of God was put into me and I immediately had visions of a debt collector banging on my door that very day.

Well mine stated a mr C GREEN would be turning up... perhaps mr F ORANGE or T BLACK would be coming along also :D:D:D:D:D

they are a Bunch of muppets

S.

OOps, pressed the enter button by accident

as I was saying, we will have the full cast of THE USUAL SUSPECTS!! I wonder if their staff listing reads like this:

MR PINK, MR BROWN, MR BLACK, MR GOB****E, MR MUPPET, MR TOOL, MR MICKEY, MR I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOU MY FIRST NAME, MR DO YOU HAVE A LAW DEGREE

Put those people in their place and they are nothing more than a laughing stock of school yard bullies who could never get a decent job anywhere else - and they know it.

Thanks, Seminole.

The telephone thing is interesting, because of my agoraphobia I don't answer the telephone - I have caller display, and if the number is withheld, or it's a number I don't recognise, I can't answer at all. Even so, there seems to be an awful lot of withheld numbers and "international" ones coming up on the display, and they never leave a message on the answering machine. I guess it is harrassment of sorts, but I would imagine it'd be very difficult to trace.

I have some empathy with your condition , can I suggest contacting your telephone provider to have unknown/witheld numbers blocked , this is an easy procedure , or change your no. _ no calls no problem . I am ashamed to say I once had one of these doorstep lizards call , I asked him to leave my property , he dithered , I put my boot up his a**e , he never came back , which is a shame as my dog wanted to meet him .

Well mine stated a mr C GREEN would be turning up... perhaps mr F ORANGE or T BLACK would be coming along also :D:D:D:D:D

they are a Bunch of muppets

S.

If you look in the back of your local /regional paper you will often see adverts for "local representatives' for debt-collecting businesses like Moorcroft , this implies to me some sort of commission based , result driven freelancing . One would have to be a bit of a desperate loser to take a job harassing their own community for other peoples alleged debts imo . So that in mind ignore the clipboard **** , they have no powers really unless you let them . Deal with the originator in writing only and have a look at the other CCA threads on this site to see if the alleged debt is valid/ enforcable anyway. That will learn them .

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE MINE ALONE AND I AM ENTITLED TO THEM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, We had a similar situation with NCO regarding 3 (mobile/internet network in Ireland). Basically my sister also recievd this "card" through the post informing her that there would be somebody calling but she as she went off travelling last Feb this was the first we heard of an outstanding amount and a dept collector calling to the door!! After speaking with my sister she assured me she cancelled the internet connection with 3 mobile so was quite upset to hear they were sending threating letters to her! It gave my mum a fright also as she lives alone since my sister went off on her travels so I told her I would sort it out. I tried contacting NCO but was told that they would only speak to my sister ,then when I tried to explain she was travelling the other side of the world (which I can understand to a certain extent but in a situation like this there should really be somebody willing to speak with me) he basically said she HAD to call and then he hung up on me!!!! the outstanding amount is only €44.48 and I really do not want this hanging over my sisters head OR threatning letters coming into my mums house I was wondering is there anything advice at all you could give me. My sister is adament she cancelled the contract with 3 but I am willing to pay the amount if it comes to it just so these sort of letters do not come into my mums house again!! Thanks in advance to any help/ suggestions you may have.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I've been targeted by NCO for a few months now for a non-existent debt. I won't bore you with the details.

I'm here to ask if everyone could email The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) about them. Companies like NCO have consumer credit licences. They must act properly to hold theses licences or the OFT revoke them. NCO clearly are not behaving properly. The OFT need a fairly substantial amount of evidence to act though, so please write to them explaining everything that NCO have done wrong: excessive calling, threats, ignoring letters and requests not to call, trespass etc. Give dates and details.

The OFT don't take up individual cases. But NCO are clearly acting outside the law and I hope that if a few more people write to the OFT, they will take action, possibly to cease NCO from trading.

Email [email protected]

They will respond within 10 days and ask for permission to use your details should they take any action, so please give it.

Thanks.

Edited by rocket1039

• 4 months later...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.