ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is the minimum legal in this country once all of a persons outgoings are taken into account etc...;)

Isn't that the "how" it's £1 a month and not the "why", though?

I mean, we don't know anything about this court claim, or the circumstances of any of the parties that have been told to pay costs, so why do you think they will be paying £1 a month?

I can't see that we have sufficient information to make those judgments, nor do I see that information being helpful, as a Judge will decide how much should be paid and when. To apply a rule of "you'll only be paying £1 a month" to anything, then, is a little reckless, no?

Not reckless at all, £1 per month is the miniumum legal in this country once all outgoings are catered for & if there near enough nothing left over afterwards.

Of course, not all will repay that amount (depends on circumstances of course) - but lots can & will, if need be, based on the above.

Not reckless at all, £1 per month is the miniumum legal in this country once all outgoings are catered for & if there near enough nothing left over afterwards.

Of course, not all will repay that amount (depends on circumstances of course) - but lots can & will, if need be, based on the above.

I couldn't disagree more.

Firstly, if there is no income left after essential expenditure, any Judgment for payment would be suspended until an income is achieved - as a result, there is no "minimum legal", as you say.

Secondly, the Court will only order £1 a month to be paid, if that is the amount of disposable income left after that essential expenditure. There are probably very few people who are paying £1 a month, then, unless it fits there personal circumstances.

I think you need to be very careful when posting "they will only have to be paying £1 a month", then, Mr.Ton, as it's clear that there is a lot more to that than meets the eye from your posts.

I'm hoping you agree, going forward, but I've put my opinion across as have you, so we'll let the educated folk reading this make up their own minds as to what to do, and rather they should really be thinking about £1 a month at all or concentrating on denying ACS's allegations completely - meaning that they don't pay a penny until ordered to by a Court after a fair and just hearing.

{{Car2403 puts his mop and bucket away, and goes for a brew in the staff canteen}}

;)

Yes of course it depends on individual circumstances.

But with respect you are wrong Car - there is a "minuimum legal" in this country of £1 per month.

You are correct in that if there is nothing left over then a suspended judgement will be made.

Oh & just for the record..this is exactly what i said

"Yes..i would imagine they are still repaying it all now at a rate of £1 per month"

Nowhere there does it say "they will only have to be" as you accused me of saying ;)

f you try sending a registered letter to acs law it is not recognised as a true postal address with the post office could it be that the lettters are being re routed to another address ? i got the address from acs law's letterhead and the post office cannot confirm his adress as andrew crossley acs law ?

f you try sending a registered letter to acs law it is not recognised as a true postal address with the post office could it be that the lettters are being re routed to another address ? i got the address from acs law's letterhead and the post office cannot confirm his adress as andrew crossley acs law ?

once you check the recorded delivery it says there was a delay as we had to redirect your mail. plus if it was his real address i think he may get a visit from the big people that do illegal things. but dont forget if you wanna see what he looks like hes on facebook!!

It would of been DL taking someone to court, not the other way round and the losing side would have paid the costs surely ?

I was right have had it confirmed on another forum, someone did take DL to court over the matter has they were fed up with it all. They would have got the costs back eventually, but he still had to pay out to get the matter to court in the first place, even though there was a very, very, very small risk that he could have lost.

I was right have had it confirmed on another forum, someone did take DL to court over the matter has they were fed up with it all. They would have got the costs back eventually, but he still had to pay out to get the matter to court in the first place, even though there was a very, very, very small risk that he could have lost.
I think we should all get our heads together (like a case in germany) and start a fund then seek a good top solicitor and bring this clown to court. I just carnt understand how he gets away with it, do yous think Peter m******n has took another brown envalope? and give him permission to get info from the ISP :evil::mad:

once you check the recorded delivery it says there was a delay as we had to redirect your mail. plus if it was his real address i think he may get a visit from the big people that do illegal things. but dont forget if you wanna see what he looks like hes on facebook!!

hi,did you go on line to see who signed for it,i did and was able to see from which sorting office it went from and what time and date also

It really is all going very badly wrong for ACS Law.

The suprising thing is that they thought they could get away with it all in the 1st place.

I think they will be held up in future as an example to anyone in how not to conduct large scale operations like this.

I'm guessing the silence on the forum means no news to report? I haven't received anything since my solicitor told me to send one last LOD, but it could just be the postal strike...
Well my news is that a certain well known consumer mag has been in touch with me today and it looks like they are gathering evidence - I've offered them any thing they need personally.

My next LOD will be going out soon enough but quite frankly I be grudge having to a) type it out b) pay for a stamp when they clearly CBA reading what I have sent or responding to my comments.... the photo copyer must be wearing out by now :grin:

Terran

ACS:Law Dont Accept Photos But I Unfortuntly Admit To Owning The CD :|

heard on the news last night lord M.is going to get his way,i wonder if he has a sky + box,( as this is for copying can he please tell me the differance between this and coping from p2p sites), if so, does he claim for it with our moeny,please note these thoughts are from me and no one else,i was always told this is a free country,will mabe not so much now,but i still have freedom of speech

heard on the news last night lord M.is going to get his way,i wonder if he has a sky + box,( as this is for copying can he please tell me the differance between this and coping from p2p sites), if so, does he claim for it with our moeny,please note these thoughts are from me and no one else, I was always told this is a free country,will mabe not so much now,but i still have freedom of speech

The main difference is that by copying a TV program onto your video recorder/DVD/Sky+ etc there is no loss to anyone, but by making available (this is ACS arguement remember, not individual downloading)music/software, there is finicial loss as the individuals who downloaded the items didnt go and purchase them.

It is also possible for any TV program to have the no-record flag switched on, this will leave Sky+/Cable Boxes/Tivo/PC recorders unable to record that certain program, this hasn't been used much at present but the potential is there.

Certainly the copyright/copying law is a mess, VHS recorders were meant to bring about the collapse of the film industry and who remembers the old Home taping is killing music logos ?

The whole situation needs a good look at and not by cluesless muppets like Mandy !

Andy

heard on the news last night lord M.is going to get his way,i wonder if he has a sky + box,( as this is for copying can he please tell me the differance between this and coping from p2p sites), if so, does he claim for it with our moeny,please note these thoughts are from me and no one else,i was always told this is a free country,will mabe not so much now,but i still have freedom of speech
Hi what do you mean by lord M has got his way, got his way about what?

I totaly deteste this block he finds it difficult walking in a straight line he is SLIME (just my thoughts) i no i will never vote labour wile he is in the labour party

Hi what do you mean by lord M has got his way, got his way about what?

I totaly deteste this block he finds it difficult walking in a straight line he is SLIME (just my thoughts) i no i will never vote labour wile he is in the labour party

Well he hasn't yet but in their death throws Labour will probably get yet another stupid law on the books!

Like many of their efforts, it could well come unstuck at the first legal challenge.

Remember the recycle bin laws - which collapsed after it was pointed out that anyone could put something in a bin when it's left outside.

Or how about the fiasco of the dangerous dogs act?

David

What amazes me is that with the push of Mandleson's law, people are tying in what ACS are doing to us. As much as I think his law sucks, at least if you get a warning and you're not asked to fork out hundreds of pounds or threatened with court action. What ACS are doing should not be disguised by this. If they suspect a user, then they should send a warning. Stupid techno-phobic MPs and the like will confuse what they think is the right thing to do with piracy with ACS's money making scheme.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks