ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although this could be good news (ACS going quite) there seems to be a drop in posts on this thread. I find it all frustrating,:( sitting in the land of limbo ....... have sent 1st LOD nearly 4 weeks ago, awaiting the 2nd letter from ACS (template) finding myself constantly checking this site and others for some glimmer of hope that ACS have vanished of the face of this earth .... but alas NO.:mad:

Although this could be good news (ACS going quite) there seems to be a drop in posts on this thread. I find it all frustrating,:( sitting in the land of limbo ....... have sent 1st LOD nearly 4 weeks ago, awaiting the 2nd letter from ACS (template) finding myself constantly checking this site and others for some glimmer of hope that ACS have vanished of the face of this earth .... but alas NO.:mad:

I hope you are right. But what i have discover (in slyck forum) is someone

have received 2nd letter from ACS (template off course) 6 weeks after 1st LOD. Pressure is buliding on them from every corner.

Edited by pridewat

So has anyone heard back from any of the authorities about this scandal?

I have last week from SRA last week.This is a paragraph from their reply:

"As you may know from the media coverage of this issue,the SRA is already aware of the concern being raised about ACS Law. R ather than investigate each case individually the SRA is dealing with these concerns by way of a single investigation that encompasses all the reulatory issues raised, which do not vary significantly between cases. The information you have provided will be

passed to the releveant team in SRA to be considered within that investigation"

"SRA will notify you when the outcome has been reached"

Well i think that will take a littele time before i hear from them

Hi, this reminds me of something I once encountered.

Many moons ago back in the days of Napster I downloaded a Roy Orbison song...don't ask me why because I have no idea! Spur of the moment impulse I suppose. Anyway some months later I got an e-mail to my hotmail address from someone claiming to be the Lawyer for the late Roy Orbison's wife. I apparently owed her money for royalties on the song which she wished to recover. The e-mail went on to ask me to send them my name and address so they could sue me. Which of course I did straight away :rolleyes:

I was never sure if it was genuine or a [problem]..but oddly my IP address was 'banned' from Napster which was a threat made in the e-mail!

Hi, this reminds me of something I once encountered.

Many moons ago back in the days of Napster I downloaded a Roy Orbison song...don't ask me why because I have no idea! Spur of the moment impulse I suppose. Anyway some months later I got an e-mail to my hotmail address from someone claiming to be the Lawyer for the late Roy Orbison's wife. I apparently owed her money for royalties on the song which she wished to recover. The e-mail went on to ask me to send them my name and address so they could sue me. Which of course I did straight away :rolleyes:

I was never sure if it was genuine or a [problem]..but oddly my IP address was 'banned' from Napster which was a threat made in the e-mail!

Why would Napster ban you when it itself was an illegal operation ?..

Andy

Andy, I don't know, I don't know if it was Napster acting on instructions from Mrs Orbison's lawyer, or just a bit of bad luck following a [problem] e-mail. It was a few years back and I've forgotten the full details now. It was nothing that a change of IP address didn't remedy. It was just that reading this thread reminded me of it.

Just had my second template letter from ACS law stating my first reply was a template letter!They say i downloaded scooter jumping all over the world.Never heard of the band or album & didnt download it.Sky services said they had to give my details last year through a court order but reading this forum makes me feel it is more of a [problem] rather than a legit letter.Not doubting the firm is real but think they are using scare tatics to start people paying up front.This thread has gone a bit cold at the moment does anyone else have the same thing going on here.

Oh, no, are we going to have template letters saying that template letters have been sent in response to template letters of template letters?

This is getting silly.

No one is saying it's gone any further yet...

I have just got my second letter from ACS:LAW also a template. This time the demand for payment has droped from £500.07 to £425 aas there client was droping there claim for costs, this I found very strange.

This is my reply to them.

Dear ACS:LAW

Further to your letter dated 28/7/09 stating that you do not accept at face value the reply I sent you with regards to infringement of copywriter ,as it appears to be a template letter. As I understand things it is not against any laws in this country to use any means at my disposal to make my point. As I am not a solicitor or have a vast knowledge of legal matters I used the internet to acquire the relevant information that I needed so as to deny you claims in the strongest way possible. The fact that someone else had done all the hard work for me is neither here nor there.

Further more the fact that you do not accept template replies seems a bit odd to me as the fist letter sent out by you appears to be a template that was sent out to thousands of other people ,also the letter that I received today also appears to be a template, does this mean there is one rule for you and another for me.

Anyway I again categorically deny any offence under sections 16(1) and 20 of the CDPA 1988.I have never owned nor made available for upload a copy of the work in any shape or form. Section 16(2) of the 1988 act requires me to have directly infringed copyright or authorise someone else to do so. I have not done neither, therefore I will not be making any payment nor sign the undertaking as provided by you.

This will be my last communication on this matter as I find your continues threats of court action to be no more than harassment and as such if you want to take the matter further feel free to do so via the court process.

As stated I found your letters to be no more than bullying tactics and have referred this matter to the relevant authorities. That is the SRA, ICO and my local MP who has referred it on to Jack Straw.

I look forward to receiving the court papers so that I can defend the allegations made against me.

Hi

Got my second letter from ACS last week with regards alledged download of Army F***ers. scare tactic. Friends of mine tell me, no real evidence to go by. Do not pay them anything.

They are F*ers themselves!

Gonna send a second letter telling them exactly what I think of them!

We all need to keep the pressure on them. We'll get the b*****ds!

sent letter 4 weeks still heard nothing .had a thought if acs law had our details last year and details are only reg this year 14 june acs law does this mean have they been breaking the law !!!!!!!!!will be asking ico to confirm this

sent letter 4 weeks still heard nothing .

5 weeks heard nothing but should not worry about that .My 2nd LOD is ready already if they answer my first one. wether they reduce the amount of claim or not should not pay a penny without court order.

I have still not had any more **** from them.

I am also waiting for my second letter as my first one sent to me was on the 7th july.(so it should be soon),,i bet it's a template.

Davie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks