• Tweets

• I’m 17 years old and Received 2 letters from dwf with my name spelt wrong and they are asking for for £230.40. I rang dwf civil recovery the first time upon taking advice from citizens advice to explain to delay to deadline as I was in the process of receiving advice which wasn’t much help. When that deadline was done I then called again to delay the deadline as I’m struggling financially and it’s lot of money they are asking for and I tried to dispute the cost to which they said okay we will delay it another 7 days for you to dispute the cost but I asked them how do I dispute this to you or Sainsbury’s and they said “we can’t advise you on this matter” I’ve read a lot of threads saying to ignore them but I was unsure now as I’ve made contact and have tried to dispute the payment and pay it which might mean I have admitted. Would they just persist harder and take me to court eventually or file for a ccj.   I would like to ignore them still but I would like to send a strong email so they know I’m clued up and then ignore them. I also want to pay the reasonable amount and get this matter solved. any advice on the law or similar situations are helpful when I called them I asked for an itemised bill. £101 stolen goods  ( supposedly caught me because they watched me on cctv over the duration of the week) also why did they not stop me in the first day. £20.40 recovered goods £150 security costs     Thank you 
    • Theirs does, it’s the first line of it confirming name, occupation and address  thanks again though jk for highlighting! 
    • Hello,   Thoughts on this for the contents of the bundle Andy?   also looping in @BankFodder in case you have anything you think I should/shouldn't include   Thanks Draft 1 D.(95284319.DSPS).pdf
    • Did the Claimant's WS not have an address on it? If they're doing no witness attendance and their WX doesn't have address pers i'd be asking judge to not allow it under CPR r3.4 2(c) based on the Defendant's failure to adhere with the N157 directional notice which shows clear disregard for CPR. Evri's been caught out for non cpr compliance so worth a shot in any case imo
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SD Capquest -WON - Now received letter from HL Legal Solic re Capquest AGAIN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

please can someone advise on how to handle this? On 11 Jan Capquest issued me with a Sat Demand for a debt they had purchased from Egg.

I went to court and for a variety of reasons the Stat Demand was thrown out and I won. Please see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/185549-capquest-stat-demand-set.html

Yesterday I received a letter from HL Legal Solicitors stating that they act for Capquest, and that on 11th Jan a stat demand was sent to me. They then state that they are "informed that you responsed to that demand and that on Jan 21 09 you made an arrangement to repay your account by monthly installments of £50."

Let me state I NEVER made such an offer and indeed what I did do was file a defence to the SD with the great help of the guys here, went to court and won.

It then continues "your failure to comply with your arrangement means our client is now able to present a petition to the court to seek an order that you be declared bankrupt based on your non compliance with the SD".

"Before considering this step our client is willing to give you one last oppertunity to avoid possible bankruptcy etc etc. You must contact CAPQUEST directly etc "

Do they not know the SD was thrown out? How should I respond please?

thanks again for all your help.

Tell them just that - that the SD was thrown out - and they can Foxtrot Oscar. The right hand clearly does not know what the left hand is doing - no wonder they are losing money.

Why bother telling the cretins it was thrown out. They are digging a very deep hole for themselves abd must be reported to the OFT.

HL iLegal are the pretend solicitors of CRAPquest and what they have sent you is obviously a standard threatogramme. They always expected people to ignore their SDs and not get them Set Aside so they have just sent you out their bog standard threat that follows one of their silly SDs.

Kick them and Kick them very hard.

I would laugh out loud if this were not so utterly stupid, but, as already said, this is par for the course, albeit perhaps just another step into the running for the most unorganised bunch of idiots I have ever seen.!

I personally would not do their job for them and point out their error, let them carry on and dig an even deeper hole for themselves.

As already suggested however, I would cover yourself by sending a complaint to the OFT etc. I would also send a copy of their letter to the Court.

I would laugh out loud if this were not so utterly stupid, but, as already said, this is par for the course, albeit perhaps just another step into the running for the most unorganised bunch of idiots I have ever seen.!

I personally would not do their job for them and point out their error, let them carry on and dig an even deeper hole for themselves.

As already suggested however, I would cover yourself by sending a complaint to the OFT etc. I would also send a copy of their letter to the Court.

I agree with this and earlier posts - let them try and take legal action. Ignore them but report them. Better than any blood sport!

However, this kind of misleading activity seems to be on the increase - ignoring a court's decision and carrying on regardless/lying about the outcome and intending to deceive. See this sticky:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/191951-copes-solicitors-have-they.html

Beggars belief, doesn't it?

Hi Guys

please can someone advise on how to handle this? On 11 Jan Capquest issued me with a Sat Demand for a debt they had purchased from Egg.

I went to court and for a variety of reasons the Stat Demand was thrown out and I won. Please see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/185549-capquest-stat-demand-set.html

Yesterday I received a letter from HL Legal Solicitors stating that they act for Capquest, and that on 11th Jan a stat demand was sent to me. They then state that they are "informed that you responsed to that demand and that on Jan 21 09 you made an arrangement to repay your account by monthly installments of £50."

Let me state I NEVER made such an offer and indeed what I did do was file a defence to the SD with the great help of the guys here, went to court and won.

It then continues "your failure to comply with your arrangement means our client is now able to present a petition to the court to seek an order that you be declared bankrupt based on your non compliance with the SD".

"Before considering this step our client is willing to give you one last oppertunity to avoid possible bankruptcy etc etc. You must contact CAPQUEST directly etc "

Do they not know the SD was thrown out? How should I respond please?

thanks again for all your help.

you should make a formal complaint about this to the office of fair trading and also to trading standards. Point out to them that you are making your complaint under the CPUT regulations and that you consider that they are operating unfair commercial practices. Point out to the OFT as well that this kind of action is specifically against the debt collection guidelines were laid out and the in principle they are violating their licence conditions.

I would also suggest complaining to the court. Rights to the judge who threw out the statutory demand. Include a copy of the order and a copy of the letter which you have received from the solicitors and simply ask for some help and point out that you understand that this kind of practice is not unknown and that you are worried about some bankruptcy being declared in your absence.

Although of course this is not a formal and correct way to approach these things, it may attract the attention of the judge and you may get an interesting response.

Do all of this now

Although of course this is not a formal and correct way to approach these things, it may attract the attention of the judge and you may get an interesting response.
It was inevitable that their contempt of debtors would eventually progress to 'Contempt of Court'.

i agree with bankfodder and would use the fact that you are a LIP and write to the JUDGE that dismissed the SD and tell her that you are very worried and upset as you thought she had disposed of the matter

i don't think that the court would be too pleased

as has been said- pursuing a matter which the court has ruled out can ONLY be taken as contempt of court

As in the Cope sticky, there's no way they can claim this is an admin error - the details they have given you are far too detailed. I wonder what their excuse will be?

Office Junior? Dog ate my keyboard? Rogue employee? Time of month? Male aggressive disorder?

Or just that they're lying, cheating barstewards?

I would write to them, then its all documented and send recorded.

Notts

I know what you are saying Dave but the whole thing is already well documented.

1. The Original SD from Crapquest

2. The Court Case and Judgement setting the SD aside

3. Along come HL iLegal telling HUGE porkies IN WRITING.

It really does not get any better than this. Why should the OP bother letting them know the cock up they have made. How satisfying will it be to add Crapquest to the OFT 2009 Hit List.

If the OP writes to HL iLegal he will put them on guard and they will come up with the usual excuses. However if he lets them go on churning out more threats and lies then they will be supplying their own rope with which to hang themselves, their own petard on which to hang themselve and their own hole to bury themselves in.

Go to the court concerned, fill in an N44 and ask for an injunction and costs to you.... end of play for Capquest.

HL Illegal are trying it on - they passed my case back to Capital 1 after loosing and I am doing that route at the moment... third DCA to go down this year (and it's only MAY) after trying to chase non-existent debts!!!

I agree with BF but I stress you MUST do as suggested NOW - not at some time in the future just because you've been told there's now't to worry about. If you don't act promptly who knows what they'll get upto next - debt collectors banging on your door perhaps

You must also again as suggested by BF report them forthwith to the OFT. In addition other than sending them copies of your corre with the court don't even bother telling them your reporting them to the OFT just do it

Remember by doing as advised you'll be doing everyone here a big favour - These rogues have to be stopped