What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bestest wishes to the little man we hope he recovers and enjoyed his sarnie with the chilli beef too:shock: phew and Malb make the most of it mate ...jammy dodger....it's been years since someone made me a dinner

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My little Godson who's very sick at the moment with leukemia, and is on steroids made me smile today - his big Sister made him a sausage sandwich for his breakfast, and he wanted some of last nights leftover chilli beef in it too :lol:

Big hugs to your Godson xx

I was on high dose steroids for years from a very young age. My poor mum had to cope with me asking for spag bol or mash and gravy for my breakfast on a fairly regular basis:) I never did understand why it wasn't a reasonable request for brekkie :lol:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

bestest wishes to the little man we hope he recovers and enjoyed his sarnie with the chilli beef too:shock: phew and Malb make the most of it mate ...jammy dodger....it's been years since someone made me a dinner

Thanks BurlyB!

Big hugs to your Godson xx

I was on high dose steroids for years from a very young age. My poor mum had to cope with me asking for spag bol or mash and gravy for my breakfast on a fairly regular basis:) I never did understand why it wasn't a reasonable request for brekkie :lol:

Thank you Lexis! Yep, that's why he wanted the chilli beef too! He wakes up in the night as well wanting noodles :-D He's been taking regular steroid courses with each bout of chemo, but he's on a particularly high does this time as he's just started a new bout of several intense chemos - one in his Hickman line (which he calls his "wiggly" lol!), one oral, two intramuscular - and one in his spine too! So I'm posting him some treats off this week, as he's being soooo brave!

What made me smile today was Sodem's two posts on here! They had me lmaoooo! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Oh poor little soul. Kids are so resilient aren't they? I was in and out of Great Ormand Street for over 10 years and some of the things you see there just make you want to cry, but the kids all cope far better than their poor parents and carers. I didn't, I was a whingy git, but generally speaking kids cope better :D

I'll be crossing everything that the chemo does what it's meant to for him x

Kids are and ok my boys didnt have any real illness in their younger years but they had a lot to cope with when their mum died when they were only just 6 and 9 they had their own personal traumas to deal with along with me and mine.............if only magic wands were real

Can't imagine dealing with that burly (and the rubbish you mentioned they had at school too afterwards) - losing grandparents was hard enough for my two.

I'll start work on that wand :) x

something has been making me smile and also cringe and thats whatching Cameron with Obama....he's such a doinkie pillock....so far out of his depth and akward ....he needs a solid boot in his upperclass-arse....I'd wear a size 12 to do it and gladly

Not sure what a 'doinkie pillock' is, but it certainly sounds like something David Cameron would be.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

he is though and god knows what one is BUT had to come up with a new description of him after seeing the praaaaaaaaaaan on tv yesterday I felt embarrassed sitting watching him he was so out of step there just like the dill is here.........I also invented a nice new word last spring in a flash of inspiration when chatting to someone..................FUNSHINE what a lovely word dont you agree LG x

Aww, thank you Lexis! Yes, it's GOSH he is having his treatment at, and also at his local in between - he will be fine, he has to be :-)

BurlyB, I don't watch much of the governments brainwashing propaganda at all on the news - but I have to say I did see Cameron with Obama! I was roflmaoooo!!! I said to my Husband - even though they were both dressed almost identical, it was like looking at "Sean Bean" and "Mr Bean".....I think you can guess who was Mr bean huh? Lol!

What made me smile today, was the sheer sizes of some of the sheds my Husbands been looking at - now I know we have big gardens, but It's a shed he's supposed to be buying, not a garage lmao! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

he is though and god knows what one is BUT had to come up with a new description of him after seeing the praaaaaaaaaaan on tv yesterday I felt embarrassed sitting watching him he was so out of step there just like the dill is here.........I also invented a nice new word last spring in a flash of inspiration when chatting to someone..................FUNSHINE what a lovely word dont you agree LG x

I do indeed. :lol:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

[quote=duckwaddler;3757706

What made me smile today, was the sheer sizes of some of the sheds my Husbands been looking at - now I know we have big gardens, but It's a shed he's supposed to be buying, not a garage lmao! :lol:

Have you told him size doesn't matter? :D

• Confused 1

It's not the size, but how you use it.

Women who say size doesn't matter can seem shallow.... :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have actually custom built sheds and timber garages in the past for much less than they charge at shed shops with their custom skinney wood.....most of the wood they use is matchwood in thickness....bliddy con merchants

a man and his shed.....I have three lol

Three men?

I can't believe you have the time spare to post on here.

That's a bit greedy that is.:lol:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Aww, thank you Lexis! Yes, it's GOSH he is having his treatment at, and also at his local in between - he will be fine, he has to be :-)

BurlyB, I don't watch much of the governments brainwashing propaganda at all on the news - but I have to say I did see Cameron with Obama! I was roflmaoooo!!! I said to my Husband - even though they were both dressed almost identical, it was like looking at "Sean Bean" and "Mr Bean".....I think you can guess who was Mr bean huh? Lol!

:madgrin::lol:

It's not the size, but how you use it.

Women who say size doesn't matter can seem shallow.... :p

:pound:

I have this really bad urge to shout "OoooOOooh MAaaaTRON!!" at everyone in this thread.

Ahem. OK, you can all Carry On.

Geddit?

I know, I know...I'm getting my coat. :madgrin: