Excel Parking Defeated in Court Today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pepiooo is reporting that Excel Parking Services have been roundly defeated in Court today:

FightBack Forums -> Parking and Decriminalised Notices

It seems this is the second time they have been beaten by the same person! Oh dear, they must have had a little stay on Planet Perky. Very nice of them though to show up to be beaten a second time. I think we can safely say that when one of the largest PPCs is humiliatingly trounced in this way, other pipsqueaks may think better of listening to the Ego from Wolves. That way lies public shame and embarrassment.

Edited by Gambling Commission Rule

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a court victory

What ? Defendant won, Excel lost. In court. are you using Perky logic ? In the vast majority of PPC car parks they do not have proprietary rights and so cannot make an offer of parking in the first place. As in this case it then becomes a (potential) issue of trespass. And we all know what the remedy for that is - its just the PPCs that seem not to. Of course nearly all the PPCs already do know this, barring the comatose. I am very sure that Perky knows it especially with the advice he gets from his crack in-house 'legal team'. And still 'the pepipoo challenge' waits to be taken up by a PPC - that says it all really in my opinion. Perhaps Excel's paperwork will show less Perky influence in future now, they can't be that thick that they don't learn their lessons, can they ?.

Great news! No surprise really though.

Read Gertrude's posts Lamma - a PPC minion. Funny how their posts are always so badly badly written. If they just learnt to blend in a bit more, they might be able to troll for a little longer before being banned.

It appears Gertrude is the latest inhabitant of Planet Perky. He will be glad of the company no doubt. Either that or he is late for the Comedy Club. I guess when you have no other arguments you may as well try to laugh it off. But it hurts, don't it Perky? Now people will be openly laughing at you at BPA gatherings rather than sniggering behind the scenes. Excel tried all they could and apparently the "Eagles" have wiped the floor with them (again). All the PPCs have is a solitary fluke win based solely on forum entrapment.

Is the case being reported in any of the local papers.

It would be nice to have another article thats newer than the Mansfield one. :D

As for Perky, it kinda flies in the face of the unmitigated BS published on his website. :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily Excel don't take many Mansfield people to court anymore :) they tried to ticket me for moving my car with a valid ticket in to from one part of the retail park to another - they said I should have purchased another ticket.

They initially tried to file in court in Nottingham I asked for it to be moved to Mansfield court - they withdrew their action :) didn't fancy the Mansfield judges again

Lamma, I don't care who pays you....... Your advice is always sound!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Seems like Perky & Co strangely quiet about this latest court hammering. Probably hiding their heads in shame. I can understand that. This is the third (at least) Excel court defeat that we know about. And they do court very rarely. Now we know why. They are simply not capable of winning! If I was Simon Renshaw-Smith I might want to have a word in the shell like of the totally incompetent Mr Attwood, after first sacking my dodgy third party armchair lawyer that is (no prizes). But then maybe I would be too busy with the horses to worry about this humiliation of my business.

The question that interests me is why Excel even pursued the case. Whatever this defendant did it was enough to get Excel to issue real court papers, it would be nice to be able to pull that trigger at will wouldn't it ? From what is appearing in various parts of the internet it seems the case hung on all the well known issues, the contract between the PPC and the landowner, lack of proprietary rights so reduced to trespass which is nothing to do with the PPC as the PPC not acting as an 'agent'. Only an insane landowner would give a PPC those rights or make them a proper 'agent'. How many PPCs own car parks ? ? ? All as explained on here time and again.

What was the other PPC defeat this week referred to in the thread on Pepipoo?

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

The question that interests me is why Excel even pursued the case.

It seems Excel is driven to pursue those only who cause it grief in some way. That was the case with Mrs Hetherington-Jakeman (she was a longstanding critic) and it appears to be the case here. The difficulty with this strategy as Excel has found out is that these type of individuals are not the ones you want to be taking to court-they are resourceful and determined and do not easily shirk from a fight. Excel should have left it at that in December when they failed to turn up first time. Instead, with a rush of blood to the head and having listened to one who hasn't got a clue what he is talking about, they made the mistake of going for it. Result - major egg on face and the whole basis of PPC operation - contract law- torn apart in court. With a bit of luck Excel will be dumb enough to appeal the decision and we will have a binding precedent to hit them with.

Great news! No surprise really though.

Read Gertrude's posts Lamma - a PPC minion. Funny how their posts are always so badly badly written. If they just learnt to blend in a bit more, they might be able to troll for a little longer before being banned.

Simple cos they've no intelligence & as a result can't spell

I mean who with as much as a single brain cell would be a bully boy 'clamper'