OH v Cap 1 & Rob Way *** WIN ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would say just make certain all your arguments are watertight. You have all the paperwork you require. Plus a spare bundle just in case the DJ loses his copy ??

I am still trying to find out if the assignment that you and Robin received will affect anything.

Hi does anyone have an update on the assignment please?

Reading through some threads it says a witness statement must be received by the court 7 days before the hearing. Is this the case only if you are defending, not if you have made the application? (Panic mode again :oops:)

When the 7 days arrive, is it ok to phone court, due to postal strike;)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi does anyone have an update on the assignment please?

Reading through some threads it says a witness statement must be received by the court 7 days before the hearing. Is this the case only if you are defending, not if you have made the application? (Panic mode again :oops:)

When the 7 days arrive, is it ok to phone court, due to postal strike;)

Hi cymruambyth,

I've heard nothing else re NOA. However, it is defective in as much as it contains 2 different dates. I continue to get letters where the claimant remains RW & Co Ltd. If the same is with you and you need to do a WS then I would do so on assumprion claimant is unchanged. Other side may present something at hearing re assignment, or you may decide to present it at hearing as "it just arrived in post" ;)

Robin

Just recently seen posted elsewhere that the court received notification of Robinson Way Co Ltd have been replaced with Robinson Way Ltd.

So they might do the same to you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just phoned court nothing logged on the system other than a change of name.

She was very helpful, suggested that we should have been copied everything, also that DJ will be aware that we are LIP and listen carefully to everything they say and make notes! Also make sure that if they do spring documents on the day, make sure DJ knows this.

Hope they are nice

Back to stupid question time

I'm preparing everything for my SJ hearing, I have copies of the following, is this too much?

2 defective dn and letter terminating a/c from Cap1

letters from RW saying have providd CCA and don't ned to have more contact.

short applicn form

t&c from a different document

a letter stating they are wholly responsible for administering a/c (2 yrs after payments started to them) NO noa

copies od cpr 16.2, 16.4, 24.2, CCA 87, 60, 65 and 127,

copy of 31.14

other letters pointing out that it is a cc, not b/ac and needs cca

So back to my original question, is this too much information and would it help them in their attack if I fail?

Thank you, C

Hiya

never too much

you need everything that you want to rely on

so all those requests you sent - remeber to take proof of delviery as well

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Right,

Have a read of BRW's interesting post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2171582.html

You have applied for SJ, you need to show they dont have a case, they need to prove they do.

To date you have 2 x dodgy default notices - 42man has given you all you need in respect of those in post 48.

The agreement is carp, full of advertising and no prescribed terms.

T&Cs from a different document. Terms and conditions are NOT prescribed terms and if there are more than one page of T&Cs, they couldnt possibly have been on the back of anything.

No notice of assignment

At one point they were treating this as a bank account werent they ?

Their POC is carp and also includes s69 interest which it shouldnt.

Print yourself off a skeleton argument and make sure you have all the points you want to raise and tick them off as you go along.

I am not sure if what you have is too much information or not..I will ask for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wishing you all the best of luck;

my OH is in a similar position re: HF/Capone;

HF have not yet issued;

OH sticking needles in HF look-alike voodoo doll;

Mexican stand off, at present: (disclosure docs. have been requested 22 times)

AC

X

by CB:

"The POC is Carp"

Would that mean pooh or Fish CB?

The former, AC and not the bear either :rolleyes::D:D

BCOBS

The former, AC and not the bear either :rolleyes::D:D

I live right near to Pooh Bridge;

maybe, we could all play pooh sticks with the Carp Capone so-called agreements and send them down the river!

Good Luck and will be watching your progress;

Go Get 'Em...

AC

POC

'THe claimant claims outstanding monies due and payable by the defendant under a credit agreementwhereby the defendant agreed to repay with interest the value of the credit obtained.

And the claimant claims

1. The sum of XXXX

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% from xxxx03 to date hereof xxxx days is the sum of xxx.xx

3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of .41

4. Costs'

I've said that POC is insufficient, could someone please give me some law or cases to back this up please?

Ooops, red face, just realised that this is covered by rule 16.2 and 16.4 :oops:

:D:D

BCOBS

Thank you, now googlimg this as well.

Will I be able to speak on oh's behalf as he has been ignoring this and is being a little:rolleyes: difficult. If I took a solicitor they could speak on my behalf, so why can't you?

Tell hubby to get stuck in and start reading:D The idea of being a Litigant in Person is to ... litigate in person:cool:

I am not sure if you will be able to speak for OH, you could ask the Court Manager. You will be able to write notes and point to bits on a check list that he should be following. Hopefully you will get a good DJ and he will say yes.

Comment below from site team member.

I think if there's too much information/points of argument, the Judge won't consider them all fully, as these hearings tend to be scheduled for such a small period of time

For me, it's time to pick the most serious issues and focus on those to convince the Judge that the claim can't succeed, rather than including everything but the kitchen sink. If it isn't going well on one issue, those others may come in to play, but the outcome of a SJ hearing usually pivots on the confidence of the OP.

BCOBS