Unenforceable Credit Agreement - force to sell home

whu1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received this letter threatening a charging order on my house:eek:

I have been through the procedures of trying to get a copy of agreement with no luck at all and all the other letters. Anyone been hot with this aswell ?? what is the best way to respond???/

image-2.jpg

Edited by maroondevo52

Ok, chill!!

I think it's rather naughty of MBNA to have sent that letter and I would be inclined to complain to OFT about it.

What did you receive in response to your CCA?

When was the agreement taken out?

Have you issued an account in dispute letter?

Has a CCJ already been obtained?

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Have posted the letter here for you...hope that's ok...

DELETED DUE TO PERSONAL INFO - SEE POST 7

Edited by WelshMam2009

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Ok, chill!!

I think it's rather naughty of MBNA to have sent that letter and I would be inclined to complain to OFT about it.

What did you receive in response to your CCA?

When was the agreement taken out?

Have you issued an account in dispute letter?

Has a CCJ already been obtained?

I have received hardly any response in my letters and no agreement, it was taken out in around late 90s. Yes account in dispute letter has been sent and no CCJ

I have received hardly any response in my letters and no agreement, it was taken out in around late 90s. Yes account in dispute letter has been sent and no CCJ

Firstly, they are trying to frighten you. Note the following...

we may pursue litigation action and seek a CCJ
They have to get it first and, without a CCA then they haven't got a hope.

...that may result in a Charging Order being placed on your property
If they get a CCJ then you pay back what you can afford. Normally, you would have to default on this before they applied for a Charging Order, which is another legal step, although some lenders are more aggressive than others.

If it were me, I would send off a SAR to MBNA and also a complaint to OFT and TS.

EDIT: Also, complain to MBNA and tell them that they should not be enforcing the debt whilst it is in dispute. They normally mess up their default notices also which will be further ammunition for you!!

MBNA have sold my debt on from the late 90's and I have had only a copy of current terms and conditions in response to CCA so have now sent off a SAR.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

WHU!

your details are still CLEARLY viewable on there!

Delete that first image, heres an edited one

image-2.jpg

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Post unapproved, I'll pm op.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Posts 1 and 2 have been unapproved due to visible personal information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you havent received a response to your CCA request then this is definitely one for the OFT to be notified about.

Send the letter in the following link to the OFT, amend it to read the MBNA, the original Creditor taking out references to DCA.

They will not investigate on behalf of an individual, but as the OFT have announced in respect of Mackenzie Hall, that they shouldnt pursue a debt that has been advised in writing, is in dispute. I see no reason why it shouldnt apply to MBNA as well.

You will need to include a copy of that letter from MBNA.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/50-complaint-in-respect-of-dca-threat-re-expired-debt/101-complaint-in-respect-of-invalid-cca-agreement.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just received this letter threatening a charging order on my house:eek:

I have been through the procedures of trying to get a copy of agreement with no luck at all and all the other letters. Anyone been hot with this aswell ?? what is the best way to respond???/

Definitely trying to put the frightners on!! received a few of these on my disputed account except with mine they enclosed a copy of the Title Deeds for my property:eek: this was before they sold it on to a well known DCA:rolleyes:

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

sorry to hijack cant get a responce anywhere else,i have a charging order on my house can i still challenge the agreement

What they have proceeded with a charging order or threatening ??

Have you gone through the CCA request and it is in dispute??

done a cca request only thing wrong is the creditor hasnt signed it.they have got the charging order

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's much you can do now if you didn't defend/challenge at the time or were unsuccessful.

I know of at least one case where a charging order has been removed but that was because the person concerned could prove that she was not served with the court papers.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

i may be completley wrong,have done alot of reading on here but if the creditor hasnt signed the agreement becomes unexecuted(not unenforcable)but only enforcable by an order of the court,i done a voulantry reposesion and have had costs and charges,now if they didnt have a court order to enforce the agreement should they have done this.i was niave and didnt take any advice just filled in the court papers stupidly

Definitely trying to put the frightners on!! received a few of these on my disputed account except with mine they enclosed a copy of the Title Deeds for my property:eek: this was before they sold it on to a well known DCA:rolleyes:

Tut tut - what right do they have to download and send you a copy of your Title Deeds?:eek: If your case hasn't even been seen or heard by a court then this is very threatening and intimidating behaviour as most people have probably never seen their Title Deeds!

Isn't this yet another serious breach of Data Protection? The Land Registry seem quite specific about use - property data can be publicly viewed on payment for personal use. For MBNA to download, copy it out and send it through the post would require permission from them as this is not personal use! Would it be an idea to write to the Land Registry with a complaint about MBNA's misuse of your data - they are the CROWN and could prosecute MBNA for either civil or criminal offence :lol: I wonder if they are more likely to take action than Information Commissioner......??.:rolleyes: