Dave Vs Lloyds

davethecabbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you go on to the money cliam web site, if Lloyds have issued defence it will tell you you can no longer act on line as the case has be moves to local coart... good luck

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

• 4 weeks later...

first post for a while.ive been doing my sons abbey claim,what a nightmare bunch they are,up to now ltsb have been a pleasure to deal with compared to them.that will probably change now i am getting right down to the nitty gritty ltsb's 28 days to issue a defence is up on 31st so i suppose i will have go down the long and winding road then.

Hi have you heard any-thing yet. Two more days and if you hear nothing you could request judgement. Good luck

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Hi Dave

Lloyds had til the 30th Oct to file their defence with my claim and I recieved it yesterday with the AQ and a letter sugesting mediation. I have untill the 13th Nov to return the Aq but will probably do it on Fri. So we are on the same timeline will watch your post for update.

Good luck

hi midge

it is nice to know someone is so close to my timeline.i see they are suggesting mediation,is this their normal approach at this stage. i dont seem to remember seeing it before.they could settle before you go much further down the line(hope so but wont hold my breath).

We jump on to this rollercoaster and you know the first few ups and downs are going to be drawn out but consistent and then you have that long upward climb to the last one and on the way up your stomache is turning in anticipation for the unknown and it's such a steep hill to climb, it's seems like you're climbing for ever and then when you reach the top.....you close your eyes and seem to be there for eternity and then ...whoosh..you come down with such an adrenalin rush that you wonder what happened...just thinking it's all over and then Sechiari take you on another upward climb .....with you not knowing what's round the corner and it's then you think to yourself, " what possesed me to get on this rollercoaster in the first place?".and there's this rowdy crowd from CAG down below shouting......."don't give in...don't accept conditions ".......and then you realise why you've just subjected yourself to the bumpiest 6th month ride of your life...................you're claiming back what's rightfully yours and when the carriage comes to a halt, you can climb out, hold your head up, wipe the sweat away, steady your knocking knees and take your money and run..............

join the club and good luck mate

Freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi Dave

I have found another post that had mediation suggested but there is a good letter to use to say why you do'nt want to go down that road. It will also cost anothe £250 with no gaurentees. I have done the letter and included replies to my prelim and LBA and a letter I sent to the financial ombudsman back in July after I had already waited since March for Lloyds to deal with my intitial complaint!

So i am already 8months down the line so to speak. It is all very daunting and whilst SCM are predictable not all the courts are it seems to vary around the country. My court seems to be staying cases at the moment awaiting the results of a test case to be heard in the near futre but don't know anything about this.

So it all seems to be one long waiting game. Still interest is being added daily so shall just think of that for now but it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

Hi Dave

The letter included with the mediation stuff asks for a reply to the court here is the letter I am sending and I am also enclosing copies of their prelim and lba response. I am also including a copy of the letter I sent to the Financil Ombudsman back in July to show how long this has been going on.

Dear Sir,

This is my letter to explain why I have answered no to the mediation service. Whilst I relish the chance to try to settle amicably and out of court, I have been trying to do this since March of this year. I have also been to the Financial Ombudsman but Lloyds TSB sent me a letter with an offer that I felt was unacceptable and stated that this was their final response. These letters are enclosed.

I feel that I have made every attempt possible to settle this matter but to find another £250 would put me under unnecessary financial strain especially as it is so close to Christmas and there are no guarantees that Lloyds TSB would be agreeable to this course of action.

Yours faithfully

Hope this helps

You can request Standard Disclosure:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

if you havent already done it you will need to start your own thread i.e.hooligan v lloyds.the first letter you need to send is the data protection letter to get a list of all charges applied to your account you will find this in the templates library.but before you do anything read the faq these will help you no end and will give you all the steps you need to take

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update.i received a letter from scm with their AQ asking for more time to try to negotiate a settlement,who do they think they are kidding,its another delaying tactic.ive replied giving them the opportunity to do so, ha ha fat chance of anything coming of that.how long after sending off the AQ to the court can i expect to get a court date,i think it must be nearly three weeks now since i took it to the court.

Hi

I'm also getting confused with the advice re. interest. I thought after reading all the advice a few months ago I understood the process. However after coming back to the site I find myself confused again! In my case I'm owed approx £1,500 from Lloyds TSB. I don't really understand the interest bit and I'm therefore inclinded to ignore it. BUT some threads say that if you don't include the calculated interset the banks will realise you're not an expert and therefore we easily reject the claim????

Is this true?

PLEASE HELP!