excessive phone calls

sam72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt fiirm (robinson way) ring upto 20 times a day..Helppp

what can be done

Thats way excessive! I believe they are allowed to contact you by 'phone around 2/3 times a day.... but you can send them a letter asking them to only contact you by letter (someone will post this letter up soon for you, I'm sure! :) )

Edited by RW Fugitive
spelling

Hi Sam....welcome to the CAG forums

Send this letter by recorded delivery -

I am writing to express my serious concerns regarding both the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I am now formally requesting that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that these phone calls stop immediately. I am now familiar with the terms of CPUTR 2008, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request no later than 2 working days after postage and I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Once they have received this letter make sure you log ALL the times and dates they call you...

Do you have a dispute ongoing at the moment for the debt ? What is it for ?

High Sam72

You could send the following letter and amend it to suit.

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!)

Yours faithfully

A N Other

Send it RD so you have proof that they receive it. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself as a paper trail may come in very useful at a later date.

You could also look in the forums template library there are lots of different letters you could use.

This is the site I can't always get the link right for you to just click onto

The Consumer Forums - Library (it will take you to the letters)

If you send the letter then put crosses through your signature or just do initials just to make sure that you can't copy and past your signature onto any documents.

I've not had any dealing with these people but there are plenty of posts about them on the forum. If you type in their name in the search at the top of the page you will find plenty of posts.

Seems 42Man and I were working along same lines our posts have crossed.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

It adds a bit more weight if you can also attach a list of the calls and the time and dates they were made. Once they realise you're gathering evidence, then they usually comply with the request. It woked oh Halifax when they were constantly calling.

I've not had a DCA phone calls for 3 months now. :|

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I've not had a DCA phone calls for 3 months now. :-|

Snap!

Only ones I were Northern Rock & Barclaycard.

Dispatched Northern Rock, (who were chasing somebody else), by saying when they persisted, "I am not the person you want, now F*** off." They gave up after 3 goes.

Barclaycard (and their auto-dialer which was being an absolute pain), got the tele harressment letter and an official complaint.

The calls stopped on receipt and I got an apology!!

David

And report them to the OFT - they want all the evidence they can get of DCAs breaking OFT guidelines. Each report is another step on the way to getting this disgusting behaviour stopped once and for all.

One unwanted call which leaves you feeling uncomfortable is too many. How can anyone but the recipients quantify what is acceptable? Someone on the edge could be tipped over it by a single aggressive call; I think this method of contact should be totally illegal!

One unwanted call which leaves you feeling uncomfortable is too many. How can anyone but the recipients quantify what is acceptable? Someone on the edge could be tipped over it by a single aggressive call; I think this method of contact should be totally illegal!

I agree...I had a run in with a Citi Rep over the Easter hols which really upset my youngest who was asking me what the call was all about. I had already written to them on several occasions telling them not to call me due to ill health.

Me worrying about my debt is one thing, but I don't want my children becoming anxious and upset because of those greedy morons!! :-x

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Quotes from the Daily Hansard Parliamentary Debate regarding Debt Collection and the Consumer Credit Act on 22 April 2009 beginning at column 338.

At column 341 Mr Andrew Mackinlay (Thurrock) (Lab) states:

The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” [my emphasis added]

At column 342 The Minister for Trade, Development and Consumer Affairs (Mr. Gareth Thomas) states:

“The OFT would expect the debt collection agency concerned to have checked the accuracy of the client data details that it received from the creditor or agency, and, where possible, to have obtained a copy of the original consumer credit agreement.” [my emphasis added]

See the original Hansard publication on the link below:

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 22 Apr 2009 (pt 0019)

HTH

Regards – Richard.