• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys and girls.

Firstly what a great site, i’ve only just found it and i have to say im so pleased i did a quick search on the net.

Two days ago i received one of those text “voice” message things from Mackenzie Hall, when i called them i was advised that its in regards to a debt owed by my mother (breach of DPA there i believe) but that they couldn’t discuss the matter any further with myself . I told them that my mum suffers from Alzheimer's and i have power of attorney to deal with any business matters relating to her affairs. I was then given an email address to send over Proof of this which i did, When i called back yesterday to discuss the matter they advised me that they haven’t received the email (it turns out i was given an old email address) any way 2 emails and phone calls later and i finally got to discuss the matter.

They told me that there is a debt of £150 relating to a catalogue debt, from the 4th of Aug 2000, according them the last payment was on the 4th of March 2002.

Being a full time carer to an Alzheimer's suffer, holding down a job and having a family of my own doesn’t give me much time so rather than go through all the hassle of disputing the debt, i would have normally have paid it straight off but i didn’t like the way in which i was being spoken, the lady i spoke to seamed to have all the natural charm & charisma of a dead goldfish with a rude attitude to boot. So i asked them for their postal address and their complaints procedure details and told them i would be in touch in writing and I’m not prepared to discuss the matter further on the phone and nor do i agree that any debt owning.

To cut a long story short, i was in the middle of typing a letter to them when i googled their name and low and behold i found this forum and this thread.

Any way i was wondering if some one could help me understand something, with the last payment of the debt being made back on the 4th of March 2002 does this mean the debt is Statute Barred?

And if it is can any one please confirm that I’m right in thinking that i should ignore any phone calls they make, send them a letter telling them we do not acknowledge the debt and that it is Statute barred?

I’d just like to say a massive thank you to every one on this board,

Thanks

Lou

Totally IGNORE these wretched people and their phone calls. This debt is well and truly Statute Barred.

Send them thsi

Dear Cretins

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I M Wise To-You

• 2 weeks later...

Hum, The Occupier? Seems strange that they don't even know who they're supposed to be persuing. Don't give them any of your information.

Create a new thread, so that you can be helped easier. It's less confusing. I'd also be interested in knowing how you put your house calls through your computer. :D

Darkmavis - I completely understand your feelings, but I doubt the site would be happy being seen to condone something illegal ;)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I'd also be interested in knowing how you put your house calls through your computer. :D

Me too!!!!!

However if I had your skills I would find it extremely difficult not to exploit the computer weaknesses of a company which so often exploits the weaknesess of vulnerable people. Not of course that I would condone any illegal activity but I could imagine the fun if a DCA's staff and families got numerous threatomatics on a daily basis:D

Me neither, ODC, and I certainly would not find it highly amusing and just desserts :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Don't give lessons do you? - I could do with some to exercise on my mates in West Malling :D Oh to have the skills you have ! :D Thanks for coming on...this might get entertaining listening to you...!

Hum, The Occupier? Seems strange that they don't even know who they're supposed to be persuing. Don't give them any of your information.

Create a new thread, so that you can be helped easier. It's less confusing. I'd also be interested in knowing how you put your house calls through your computer. :D

If you've got an old PC that's lying around gathering dust, then you can grab yourself a copy of Trixbox. It's a distribution of linux that's specifically designed to be setup as a PBX phone system. You just setup a VOIP account with a phone number (Sipgate is free and gives you a number within your own STD code. Then you can either use a client on your PC or Mac with a headset to make calls... and you can record any calls made or received.

Just google for Trixbox and start reading more about it. If anyone wants any advice though, I might be able to help.

What I've done is setup an account with Sipgate (VOIP provider), and bought an IP phone for £30 on ebay. It looks like a normal telephone but plugs into your broadband router. Then I pointed it at my Trixbox server (a really old Pentium 3 pc), and setup the VOIP account on it. Ok, there is a bit to learn when getting started, but once you get going... :-)

My latest buy is a phonecard, so I can plug my BT phoneline into it. If I want to use my minutes on VOIP, I dial a 9 and the number, and if I want to use the BT line, I dial an 8 before the number.

Oh, and the other good thing is that it's open-source so you can download and use Trixbox without having to pay anything.

One more thing and I'll shut up. ;-) It seems that BT are now offering CallerID for free... well, at least I found that out on their website. It was active within a day, and as everything goes through the Trixbox server, I can now filter out calls I don't want for no cost at all, by either refusing to accept the call or playing a recorded message to the caller. :-D

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

Snap. I have buddies in West Malling too. Biut they are incredibly stupid and appear to have the utmost difficulty with the Queen's English in fact they have difficulty with MY English.

hypothetically, it is technically possible to gain access to a computer system without the owners' being aware of it.

There is nothing hypothetical about it, and your setup will not guarantee non entry either.

Sorry Andrew, no short cuts. I've got degrees in Maths and Computer Science and years of experience writing network software, before getting my current job.

Thanks for that info ODC. Apart from computers I'm a bit thick and I thought my letter could be classed as unsolicited mail, but I was unaware it could be reported to the OFT.

Conniff - like I said, 'Computer Security' is an oxymoron. Of course my system could be compromised - any networked system can, but I'd know about it immediately, and my private data is secure which is much more important. It's the difference between an open door and a Balham lock. Balham's won't defeat a pro lock-picker but they'll beat your local smackhead burglar.

I think we should get back on topic here, and I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone who's posted advice on how to handle MH. In my case I'm not worried about the money - I can't possibly owe it; but I'm concerned how they got my home phone number - a number only 3 people have! Someone at BT is selling ex-directory numbers which is very naughty.

Hi DM, I also had my ex-directory No. used by a DCA, when I confronted them about how they obtained it there response was “We have our ways” to which I replied “This telephone conversation is being recorded, I will be making a complaint to Ofcom and included with that complaint will be a transcript of this conversation”, the telephone conversation then ended abruptly. I think he went and changed his underpants.

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. sending demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that

they are the debtor in question, for example, threatening debt recovery

action to 'the occupier' or sending a payment demand to all people sharing

the same name/date of birth as a debtor in the hope that contact with the

correct debtor will be made.

b. disclosing debt details to an individual when it is uncertain that they are

the debtor in question, for example, disclosing details to 'the occupier' of

an address.

c. refusing to deal with appointed or authorised third parties, such

as Citizens Advice Bureaux, independent advice centres or money

advisers

d. contacting debtors directly and bypassing their appointed representatives

e. operating a policy, without reason, of refusing to negotiate with

debt management companies

f. passing on debtor details to debt management companies without the

debtors' informed prior consent

g. failing to refer on to the creditor reasonable offers to pay by instalments

h. not passing on payments received within a reasonable time resulting in

delays that adversely affect a debtor's financial position.

i. failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is

queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued

j. requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the

debtor in question, for example, driving licences, passports, full name,

date of birth, signatures

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to put a few minds at rest.

I recently received a letter from mackenzie hall stating that it was a Final Notice and they were trying to collect just over £1400 from me. In the past I had run away from various debts and decided that this time I would arrange to pay it. I phoned them up and confirmed all of those details which I now know from reading on this site I shouldnt have done !. I then asked if I could arrange a payment plan to clear the debt. Was told that this wasnt acceptable and that they now needed that money in 1 full and final payment. I dont have that kind of money lying around and told her so, She got rather rude and in the end put the phone down on me. I then received another call from them a couple of days later, again the same kind of crap, this time a threaten of bailiffs and other such rubbish. Ithen called CAB they informen me that the debt was probably statute barred, as far as I could remember the debt was last acknowledged just over 6 years ago, and advised me to write a letter stating this. I tried to find a template letter on line and stumbled across this site. Having read some of the threads I became a bit more confident and sent off my letter. I then received anther letter thanking me for my enquiry and asking me to call them - not a chance. They then called me and I advised them that I had sent a letter and was now telling them that, that debt is statute barred. I was told by the women on the other end that I would be hearing from their field collectors in the next 48 hrs. That was over a week ago !. Then yesterday I received a letter saying that they would be taking no further action. Result !

I recently received a letter from mackenzie hall stating that it was a Final Notice and they were trying to collect just over £1400 from me. In the past I had run away from various debts and decided that this time I would arrange to pay it. I phoned them up and confirmed all of those details which I now know from reading on this site I shouldnt have done !. I then asked if I could arrange a payment plan to clear the debt. Was told that this wasnt acceptable and that they now needed that money in 1 full and final payment. I dont have that kind of money lying around and told her so, She got rather rude and in the end put the phone down on me. I then received another call from them a couple of days later, again the same kind of crap, this time a threaten of bailiffs and other such rubbish. Ithen called CAB they informen me that the debt was probably statute barred, as far as I could remember the debt was last acknowledged just over 6 years ago, and advised me to write a letter stating this. I tried to find a template letter on line and stumbled across this site. Having read some of the threads I became a bit more confident and sent off my letter. I then received anther letter thanking me for my enquiry and asking me to call them - not a chance. They then called me and I advised them that I had sent a letter and was now telling them that, that debt is statute barred. I was told by the women on the other end that I would be hearing from their field collectors in the next 48 hrs. That was over a week ago !. Then yesterday I received a letter saying that they would be taking no further action. Result !

Well done, stand up to these rogues and you win...What I would like to see is them banned from asking in the first place as too many innocent people without the benefit of this or other forums would know how to deal with them.

Result, just one is a result and they begin to get the message.

Yet again the SHEER GREED of these scummy DCAs drives yet another person to the wonderful CAG. If you are reading this in Kilmarnock I bet you are sorry you didnt agree to accept payments from Fantazy. Know what i have to say

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:D:D:D.

Just think if you had accepted monthly payments you could have conned them into paying this Statute Barred debt so as you could have got some more commission toward your family holiday in Ayr

Yet again the SHEER GREED of these scummy DCAs drives yet another person to the wonderful CAG. If you are reading this in Kilmarnock I bet you are sorry you didnt agree to accept payments from Fantazy. Know what i have to say

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:D:D:D.

Just think if you had accepted monthly payments you could have conned them into paying this Statute Barred debt so as you could have got some more commission toward your family holiday in Ayr

Ayr? - Isn't that Burns country?

Im so pleased that I found this site. I wont pretend I wasnt worried, but when I received that letter I thought, bet you wish youd accepted those payments now.

[edited]

Edited by jonni2bad

Ayr? - Isn't that Burns country?

Indeed it is, and I thought I'd step in to defend Ayr before anyone decides to have a go. I've had many a happy hour on Ayr beach being used as target practise by the seagulls. ;)

Burns said something like :-

"Oh wit a powersome gift to gi'e us, to see ourselves as others see us..."

...after being turned down as Head of Correspondence at McKenzie Hall....so the legend goes.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks