Help - RBS Mint want a fight!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Had a letter from RMA (Risk Management Alternatives) demanding the full balance and confirming the alleged account is cancelled.

Can't be bothered to respond unless anyone knows a reason why I should.

Annoyed that yet again a company I have never heard from before, demands money on behalf of the CCC without thee CCC telling me they have passed it to someone else. How do I know they haven't got my details by phishing or other illegal means?

• 2 weeks later...

First phone call received from anyone for ages at 08.26 this morning leaving a message saying call RMA urgently. This was to my office number which is a no-no and a little strange as all calls from RBS were to my mobile last year.

Hi exchange

i agree about your views on benson's post above.

As regards RMA, I have always responded in like manner to them, telling them to go away, often using the same letter. I know it costs a stamp but I was told by a lady at my local CAB who admitting working for one of the DCAs (before she saw the light) that by responding in writing, your case goes back to the bottom of the pile. The rationale is that the DCA would have to employ a person with more than one brain cell to read a letter. Its easier to press a button and send the next letter in the process. After 3 letters, the file tends to get returned to RBS who then farm it out to another low life. eventually, they get the message. Or at least that's how it seems to me. I'm at 4 years & 3 months since I last paid anything to RBS, so I'm counting the months!!

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Thanks for the advice Docman, much appreciated. I can se the logic of what you are saying so will write to them, particularly as they have attempted to contact me on a work number which I believe is against the guidelines. Great you are only 1 year and 9 months away from statute barred, which actually isn't that long in the grand scheme.

Good luck with it Docman.

Exchange

Letter sent to RMA to complain about the calls to my office number and that I will only correspond with them once RBS have confirmed thay have authorised them to chase the alleged debt. After all, I had never heard of them before they wrote to me, how do I know how they obtained the information?

This is one of my pet hates now, as letters should not come out of the blue from strange companies demanding money who have no proof they are connected to the alleged debt in question.

That's how I, and I would hope any reasonable person should see it and it makes them all work a bit harder:).

RMA letter received today dated the day before I sent a reply to them. Basically they want money still if I feel inclined to pay them anything (yeah right!), but otherwise they are giving up and returning the account to RBS!

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, as I didn't get a chance to send any sarcastic letters to them. Very weak attempt from them!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RMA called my work number again today and left a message to call them. As I have never called them back or spoken to them on the phone, at what point will they get the message that they never will? Bunch of idiots!

• 2 months later...

Another letter from RMA arrived yesterday saying it's my last chance to come to an agreement with them after 'exhaustive' attempts to contact me! They said they were returning the account to RBS earlier in the year so I'm guessing RBS have said no thanks, we don't want it back. I haven't actually heard anything from them since August so there 'exhaustive' attempts to contact me are not so exhaustive are they? Anyway, letter filed and wait to see what they do next.