G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're getting good at this guessing game :lol:

It's not a guessing game, others here know the order of the letters, the font, the colour of the font and the eventual drying up of beging letters containing the words such a May or possibly or could etc

Integrity? A private parking company?! PAH!!!!!! spat my tea on the keyboard!

You will learn, the letters will come regardless...

Well they rejected my denial as expected.

Fortunately for me I was picked up on the local council CCTV system at a time G24 claim I was parked at Wickes.

I have not yet obtained the CCTV footage as it will cost me £20, so I have written to Wickes asking for the money if they want to see the evidence. I intend to ignore G24.

I have also complained to the DVLA and asked for compenstion as they supplied my details to G24 when G24 actually supplied them with incorrect data. Later I will suggest that I cannot see how they can keep suppling data to G24 when they obviosly have faulty systems and the justification they give cannot be relied on.

So G24's system must be seen as faulty and the more people that complain then who knows.

It makes a nice break from decorating during my retirement.

Hi,

My son parked in Staples Car Park last December and was about to pay when I saw this thread. Im so glad sites like this exist!

We got the letters from G24 etc and ignored them all. All was quiet for a couple of months...phew I thought..then get home today to find a phone message asking him to ring DLC on 08448009449 without delay. Looked them up and they have a website as debt collectors. Im guessing that we just keep ignoring the calls! bit stressful though!

Yes...they will send a few more and then stop...I got about 8 to 10 letters but all have stopped now...

i just recieved a letter this morning.same circumstances as yourself.my wife was driving my car and i was in work .i will be ignoring it :))

Hi all,

I am hoping that my parking fine is just like the others i have read here and unenforceable...

My fiancee parked on the Sports Direct car park in St.Helens on April 4th for just under 2 hours. The car park was also mainly for a store called "No Frills" but since they closed months ago the car park is no longer controled by barriers and the guy in the hut.

roughly 1 week later i recieved a letter from G24 LTD that shows my fiance's car entering and leaving the car park with the time and date on the pictures. they say ithat she over stayed the 1 hour free parking time and are demanding £95 from us.

The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible and the £95 Parking Charge must be paid within 28 days.

The photo's of the car do not show who the driver was (it was my fiance but the cars registered to me), i also have my own car and i was at work at the time this all occured. Am i right in thinking that because they are coming after me for the money and i can prove that i was in work at the time then there is no basis for them to come after me for money ?

should i ignor this letter? Has anyone else had dealings with G24 before?

This is quite worrying as we can't realy afford to pay this right now and are worried that they can enforce this riddiculous charge on us because there is in fact a sign up in the car park saying that 1 hour parking is free but after that a charge of £95 is to be applied.

Please help as we dont know what to do.

Thanks,

John.

i just recieved a letter this morning.same circumstances as yourself.my wife was driving my car and i was in work .i will be ignoring it :))

Yep just collect them as souvenirs if you want :-) I have a nice collection I must get round to removing personal details and posting the up when I get a few moments...I got six...the first one dated 20 Oct 2010 and the last one dated 12 Feb 2011...the last one was a final demand...I had 2 dated 21 Oct one was a Parking Charge Notice and another was a Final Notice...then I got two from CCS Debt Collectors same firm as G24 threatening me with dire consequences but have not had any since Feb 2011...they are just crooks so just ignore them...don't get spooked by the letters they are all different looking and they all look very "official" but are not worth the paper they are written on...

Well they rejected my denial as expected.

Fortunately for me I was picked up on the local council CCTV system at a time G24 claim I was parked at Wickes.

I have not yet obtained the CCTV footage as it will cost me £20, so I have written to Wickes asking for the money if they want to see the evidence. I intend to ignore G24.

I have also complained to the DVLA and asked for compenstion as they supplied my details to G24 when G24 actually supplied them with incorrect data. Later I will suggest that I cannot see how they can keep suppling data to G24 when they obviosly have faulty systems and the justification they give cannot be relied on.

So G24's system must be seen as faulty and the more people that complain then who knows.

It makes a nice break from decorating during my retirement.

Well Wickes phoned and they are telling G24 to cancel my parking charge "as an act of goodwill"

So it may be a waste of time writing to G24 but worth writing to the actual owner of the car park.

Good luck to others having problems.

Well Wickes phoned and they are telling G24 to cancel my parking charge "as an act of goodwill"

So it may be a waste of time writing to G24 but worth writing to the actual owner of the car park.

I have no idea why you even bothered to contact these crooks

...you don't need luck just ignore them they eventually go away...others please don't be silly and contact G24 or any of these crooks they don't understand meanings of phrases like..."your camera was wrong etc. etc."...they are only after one thing finding people who they can defraud...neither Wicks nor G24 have any point in law by which they can make you pay...why don't you give that money to a charity if you really want to spend it....

BTW you will mostly like still get the letters, you should expect about 6 in all...don't waste time and money on phone calls just ignore them...just be smart and read all the advise here and here - http://www.pepipoo.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to fines like these but i've been sent a charge notice everyone seems to be talking about from G24. They say i've overstayed the allotted time in the Freeport designer village car park and owe them £95, which they will gracious bump down to £75 if I pay up now.

Suffice to say I took my friend for a day out so we saw two films, had a lovely lunch and did some shopping which is now ruined by this notice I just don't have the cash to pay.

I'm really hoping this isn't legally binding and will just go away if I ignore it. I'm in the middle of writing to G24, the Freeport management company and Cineworld management but it sounds like maybe I shouldn't bother with G24?

Any advice would be incredibly gratefully received!

Many Thanks

B.

You have answered you own questions. Do not contact the parking company, but do write to the other two organizations. Tell them you will not be using their services again until they get rid of G24. One final thing, it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

Edited by DBC

You have answered you own questions. Don not contact the parking company, but do write to the other two organizations. Tell them you will not be using their services again until they get rid of G24. One final thing, it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

The key thing to remember that it is not a fine...just ignore it...you will receive about 6 letters...ultimately threatening you with court action, debt collectors, death and destruction etc. etc. etc....it stops in about 6 months time...go to YouTube and search for - "How to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by private companies" and follow the advice therein...please, please don't respond to this gangster organisation...spread the word

Hi guys,

How happy am I that I found this site.

I was about to write to G24 stating that I wouldn't be paying their 'fine', when I thought I'd google them, and saw your link.

I was parked in Wickes, Chelmsford for about 15mins, but went back about 6 hrs later for another 15mins, and lo and behold I had a letter come through with two photos showing my car coming in and 09.10am and leaving at 15.00, and a demand for £95. No mention of the pictures they must have of me leaving at 09.25am and arriving at 14.45.......Luckily i have the receipts for my purchases.

They are trying to [problem] me obviously by saying I had been there all day.

What a bunch of thieving b*****ds.

I am looking forward to now ignoring these idiots and seeing what they are prepared to do.

Oh and I hope they do start phoning me........I love a good wind up.

Cheers guys.

Im quite amused by a lot of these worried posts. I had a civil enforcement notice once from G24, 'Fine' 0f 95 which they offered to drop to £75. I promptly whacked out an invoice of £115 (That I offered to drop to £95) for their letter taking up space on my doormat and sent it back. Imagine my disappointment when I didnt get any of the lovely letters that you guys all seem to have got!! I was gonna get em all put in a lovely collage and everything lol! :-)

I just put further to your legally unenforceable civil notice, I serve notice that your unsolicited letter has taken valuable space on my doormat.

In order to leave space for other important items of mail I have a policy of no junk mail.

Therefore you as the sender of said unsolicited mail are now liable for the fee of £115 as set by the owner of said doormat. (Me)

I am prepared, as a gesture of goodwill to reduce this fee to the amount of £95 if paid within 7 days.

Please do not ignore this letter, as ignorance of this fee may affect your future ability to gain credit and may result in my instructing a debt collection agency in enforcement of this fee.

Regards,

Blah blah blah.

I never got a reply.

Sniffle. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

As a quick update to my 'penalty charge notice' I wrote to the centre which the car park is for and the manager very politely said he'd waive the fine as we were using their facilities the whole time. Ironically I got my 'you haven't paid with 14 days' notice yesterday so I shall happily let them waste their postage until G24 get the point.

• 1 month later...

Quick update;

Just had my third letter today from Gwhatever, except this one is now from CCS.

I must admit I'm finding it amusing to see what is going to happen next.

I wonder if, when I dont hear from them anymore, I'll feel a little bit abandoned. Like a relationship spurned.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks