Ticketshield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

another [problem]. easy way - ignore the PPC, its free. Standard solicitor's letter that will shut the PPC up (very well known contents) can be had for around 20 quid (last Time I checked process). Cheaper to ignore the PPC - and it costs the PPC money to send their letters. have never yet seen a lawful set of paperwork from a PPC. see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

I think the term '[problem]' is rather harsh. They do a job for a price. What you forget is that whilst it is easy for some of us to treat these letters with contempt, others can be wound up to extremes and need the comfort of knowing that someone, somewhere is looking after those interests. So, fight if you can, use one of these firms if you mist, but never, EVER give in to them.

why pay 37.50 you can do it yourself , for free

If you are going to do this in some instances it would be cheaper to pay the discounted invoice. Best off ignoring full stop. There is nothing a solicitor can say to these [problematic] that anyone else cannot.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 2 months later...

I sent £37.50 off a week ago and have heard nothing back despite several emails - the Website isn;t working either - so possibly I may have been scammed - which would add insult to injury!

Can I find a lawyer to sue someone posing as a lawyer?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

You may also have misunderstood their service. For the money, they write 'form' letters, you don;t get your own individual lawyer on the case . Their letters will have (at some time) been checked by one and verified that it meets the needs of any relevant challenges, so hoping that you can get them on misrepresentation is a long shot. My solicitor charges £75 for a 15 minute consultation and 1 letter.

I was being ironic about hiring a lawyer to sue a lawyer! I'd be the only one losing out!

My main concern is that they say they will contact you and be available by phone- but they are not- the no they write on their website goes to answer phone- so I have no idea if they are doing anything with the £37.50.

The reason I went to them is that I wrote letters to the BPA - UKPC and DVLA and none of it helped-

What does notice of Intended Litigation mean anyway- small claims court?

I thought that Private Parking companies can't apply to county court anyway for a county court judgement- am I wrong?

Edited by Chitty-bangbang

yep but how are you paying paypal?

seems real irish to me though, paying a [EDIT] to stop an initial [problem] in the first place...........

its not the guy that sits next to the solcitor three tables down in the same office is it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was being ironic about hiring a lawyer to sue a lawyer! I'd be the only one losing out!

What does notice of Intended Litigation mean anyway- small claims court?

I thought that Private Parking companies can't apply to county court anyway for a county court judgement- am I wrong?

it means nothing, how can they litigate on a contract that you did not sign in the first place......

totally [problem] the lot of it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you would like to send me some money, I'll do the job for twenty five quid!

Having cashed your cheque, I'll send them a letter stating that I'm taking over your case; I'll also advise them that they have no case in law, and that I'm aware of their [problem].

I will also tell them that provided that they never write to you again concerning this matter, I'll send them twelve pounds and fifty pence.

The alternative for them is to refuse to comply - in that case I'll tell them that they won't get a penny from me, and I've advised you to send everything to me anyway.

They get something, and so do I - simple, isn't it!

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 3 months later...

Ticketshield.

Did you ever get your ticket sorted by this mob.

I have to hold my hands up as I also sent them ther £37.50 believing they were going to work on my behalf. First time offender, everything is easy if you know how. I now have the debt collectors letter, £211.25.

Has anyone actually taken this non payment route to the limit or are they all barrackroom lawyers?

Parking at MacDonalds, over stayed their offical time allowance. I never saw the sign about max length of time allowable. Original fine £120 reduced to £75 if quick payment. I employed (or thought I employed) Ticketshield, who have gone on the missing list, to sort it out. I now have a debt collection agency called Newlyn after me for £211.25p.

I haven't acknowledged any of their demands.

Has anyone actually taken this non payment route to the limit or are they all barrackroom lawyers

Yes and on the latest I am currently awaiting the 'solicitors' letters following ignoring the Debt Collectors threat-o-gram. All because the driver (not the RK or owner) overstayed in a popular restaurant car park while having a 'meal' NOTE: the RK would not be caught dead in one of these excuses for food - (sorry Ronald ;)).

They are welcome to take me to court if they dare as I am fully able to defend myself :mad:

They rely on scaring with you threats of court , debt collectors, your credit file all to get you to part with your hard earned cash to line their pockets.

Court (if it ever came to that) is nothing to be scared of and for this paltry amount of would be small claims, No Jury, No Judge with his smart black hat just in a nice quiet room where you each put your case

Ignore works and keeps the paperwork ([problem]-mail) to a minimum

To win they would amongst other things have to prove that you were the driver (The owner and/or RK is not liable), that the 'fine' / 'penalty' equates to a real loss - it is almost tantamount to 'demanding money with menaces' - read through the forum especially http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html

Edited by asmodeus
To add reason for latest 'invoice'

Has anyone actually taken this non payment route to the limit or are they all barrackroom lawyers

The point is I (and others have) have taken it to limit (usually a couple of letters from the 'solicitors' and they give up and go chase an easier target.

Was pointing out that in the highly unlikely event they chose the Court route it is an uphill struggle for them with the odds firmly stacked in the defendants favour

Edited by asmodeus
to add the question

Thankyou asmodeus.

Your last reply looked like this

"They rely on scaring with you threats of court , debt collectors, your credit file all to get you to part with your hard earned cash to line their pockets".

I have just seen the rest of it.

Do you think I will actually get a visit from the debt collection agency if I make no contact with them? Or would you send a letter stating I will not pay unless a court orders that I do pay.

The debt collectors usually send one letter saying that if you do not pay they will be passing it onto their solicitors who MAY take it to court.

Normally it is two letters from the solicitors but there have been recent reports of them phoning to 'confirm your details' but not visiting.

Be prepared for this and always request their names (not the company's) and do not divulge or confirm anything to them

The current one I have is similar to yours with the same brand of eating establishment and the only evidence they have is a fuzzy picture of a car with a dodgy enlargement showing a number plate that is possibly that of a car I own. As to who is driving that is anybodies guess.

The car park is free to customers (as you would expect) so by overstaying you have incurred them a loss of zero pounds and zero pence and any 'fine'/'penalty' would have to reflect this in court.

You have an unenforceable invoice and they know it but will try all the tricks they can to scare you into paying it.