give clampers a break!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Or give them marks out of 10, Torvill and Dean style?

Torvill and Dean used to get marks out of 6 for ice dancing dafty

LOL! I knew it wasn't 10, but half of me wanted to go for 12.

My brain knew it was a multiple of 6!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to discuss any fees on here or anywhere else. I do not own the firm, i work for someone. I'm not charging, the firm is, nor am i collecting money. I do not set rates the local council give guidelines as to what they think is reasonable and the firms rates are not exceeding this.

You probably dont look for bad parking but if you did you would notice it is rife wherever you go. Council parking wardens can ticket you for a wheel on a line or out the box, i dont make the rules, i'm just here to enforce.

If at the end of the day my boss thinks i'm harsh then he can override, but every clamp gets backed up with photographic evidence, time and date stamped. Lets be straight here, if i saw a clamping in progress sign when i parked somewhere i'd make sure i read it and abided by what it said, saves a lot of problems does it not? and it's not rocket science to understand a wheel clamp sign even if you cant read, thats why symbols are displayed. They even make them in brail for blind people.

I'm not going to discuss any fees on here or anywhere else.

what? Not even with the poor driver who you manage to get?

Lets be straight here, if i saw a clamping in progress sign when i parked somewhere i'd make sure i read it and abided by what it said, saves a lot of problems does it not? and it's not rocket science to understand a wheel clamp sign even if you cant read, thats why symbols are displayed. They even make them in brail for blind people.

why do blind peeps need to read clamping signs? Blind drivers I suppose?

Enforcement?

so you want to keep spaces open for the needy and prevent dodgy parking?

Clamping someone so they cant move to free up a space or tidy up the car park is really helpful.:cool:

Edited by HSBCrusher

Lets be straight here, if i saw a clamping in progress sign when i parked somewhere i'd make sure i read it and abided by what it said, saves a lot of problems does it not? and it's not rocket science to understand a wheel clamp sign even if you cant read,

You're still avoiding the question as to how you can justify clamping for problems like being in a private car park in a bay marked for disabled or not parked correctly between 2 white lines, when clamping is only a remedy for trespass.

I stated that blue badge abuse was 1 of the reasons, my main gripe being unable to get in or out of bays due to people parking so close and occupying 2 bays because they cannot be bothered to take the time and park straight in 1. It doesn't take long to straighten a motor, if i can do it, whats the problem??/ laziness or inconsideration for others i think. I dont get road rage but this gives me parking rage.

Surely if a space is too tight to get in, you'll just find another one, unless you are parking in places with only 3 spots!

I'm not going to discuss any fees on here or anywhere else. I do not own the firm, i work for someone. I'm not charging, the firm is, nor am i collecting money. I do not set rates the local council give guidelines as to what they think is reasonable and the firms rates are not exceeding this.

What has the council got to do with clamping on private property? If you won't discuss fees then there must only be one reason for that.

You come on here saying clampers are given bad press and then you tell us sod all to make us think otherwise.

You probably dont look for bad parking but if you did you would notice it is rife wherever you go.

Surely 'bad' parking is bad because it impedes on others? It doesn't sound much of an impediment if I have to go hunting for it.

Council parking wardens can ticket you for a wheel on a line or out the box, i dont make the rules, i'm just here to enforce.

Councils have rules, are regulated and there is an appeals process. You don't operate under any rules (or I am lead to believe because you won't demonstrate otherwise).

If at the end of the day my boss thinks i'm harsh then he can override,

That's mighty good of him. Like that ever happens.

If he's that considerate, you won't be in this job for long.

Having typed all that, I'm wondering if we're being taken for a ride here ;)

If so, congratulations on winding us all up. It's not Wayne by any chance?

If this isn't a wind up, I'm even more flabbergasted Mr Finger.

Having typed all that, I'm wondering if we're being taken for a ride here ;)

If so, congratulations on winding us all up. It's not Wayne by any chance?

If this isn't a wind up, I'm even more flabbergasted Mr Finger.

If it is a wind up then I think it is a credit to the CAG members that strength of feeling is so great - it gives one hope that if targeted in the correct manner we can win against ppc [problematic] and their bunch of merry men. It's nice to be amongst a group of individuals who are prepared to stand by what is right.

If any clampers are reading this, be warned if you clamp my vehicle I will remove it and make you wear it for a hat and thats a promise.

For timmyfishfinger13 whoever you are, I hope your job makes you happy and wish you the best of luck in having to wrestle your partner out of your car when all those nasty awkward parkers attack - have you ever wondered that people might just be doing it to wind you up.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

If i was to clamp willy nilly and receive a lot of complaints, the sia could remove my badge. So saying it is not regulated is a false impression youve got from somewhere. All clamped vehicles have photographic proof backing the decision, before after and showing the signage. Receipts are given stating time, place, CLAMPERS BADGE NUMBER, and on the receipt are contact details of the firm should you wish to appeal. These are guidelines set by the sia and bpa. As for what has the council got to do with private parking, the fees they charge for tickets and clamping are what private firms should make their fees similar to. Extortionate fees can be contested, but if they are similar to the local council then they are acceptable according to the courts.

clamping signs :eek: :eek: :eek: Quote > They even make them in brail for blind people.

no just which Council is setting fee's for Private Clampers

sorry my score is -5 out of 6

the word "troll" springs to mind

I didnt say they are setting fees for private clampers, council sets fees for their own car parks, the private firms, so as to no appear robbing, use their prices as a guide. They dont have to but a significant extra cost could be seen as extortion and could be challenged.

the whole thing of PRIVATE CLAMPING is extortion, its just the fact they use loopholes in england and wales to get away with it, BUT not for much longer, nor will the PPC's either their time is short,

none of these costs actually reflect the true loss caused

what about the costs and inconvenience caused to the small companies/ pubs etc that have people parking on their private land and going elsewhere? where do the real patrons park then? if your car breaks down and you have no breakdown cover if you called a recovery firm it costs you loads, do you argue about the price as not being a true cost??? what is the true cost? ....ist a business like any other with overheads, vehicle expenses, operator fees, licence costs etc....£110 for a drain man to unblock my toilet last week for 10 minutes work, is that a true cost??? no probably not but the work was done and i had to pay, who regulates their prices???? was he licenced???

Lots of shoulds, woulds, specious analogy and whimsical thinking. What if this, what if that, what if the other.

What was your point in starting this thread? What do you expect to get out of it?

Everything you post is ripped apart, because it is either inaccurate, inarticulate, or just plain incomprehensible.

It's tiresome.

stop trying to blame others for the clamping [problem], its seems you want us to belive your justified in doing such a sick job , you might convince yourself , but you wont convince anyone on here with your reasons

plumbing , breakdown services etc, are legit services all be it what they charge may come into question sometimes, clamping and PP's are just vultures praying on loop holes in the law and the public's ignorance of their legal rights,

you have a job and its better than being on the dole, for that yes well done, but to say you did because of Blue Badge abuse ( no such thing on Private Land ) or peoples bad parking habits is very lame excuses to justify such a bottom feeder Job,

My local pub used to clamp and charge a small donation to cancer research for release.

Unfortunately all the illegal and immoral clamping that went on meant they had to introduce the toothless Private Securities Industry Act which has probably outlawed that landlord's activity, and means that you have to be immoral and illegal to conduct a successful (ie. money making) clamping operation.

We all have our opions, this is mine, fine if you dont agree with it. my point for the thread is that sometimes there is a need for a service which causes offence and people money, and whilst many may not agree with it the fact remains that some people ASK for this service.

If any of you smart people can come up with another way of enforcement that is not a disgusting job as was put earlier then fine, put it on the table, but i doubt you can or will, and more than likely that will get blown out the water and reduced to a disgusting job as well.

Thanks for all the comments, glad for the insite.

We all have our opions, this is mine, fine if you dont agree with it. my point for the thread is that sometimes there is a need for a service which causes offence and people money, and whilst many may not agree with it the fact remains that some people ASK for this service.

If any of you smart people can come up with another way of enforcement that is not a disgusting job as was put earlier then fine, put it on the table, but i doubt you can or will, and more than likely that will get blown out the water and reduced to a disgusting job as well.

Thanks for all the comments, glad for the insite.

The moral of this thread is that you are never more than a moment away from an awkward parker lol. How sad Henry Ford would be to see that the beautiful motor vehicle can been reduced to a pawn in a battle between decent motorists and silly little men who put yellow triangles on your car. At the end of the day timmyfishfinger13 your view of wheel clamping is flawed. Also, beware I will be coming to a supermarket near you ready to park as awkwardly as I can next to you and your partner - did I mention I drive a Hummer H2 - that would eat your clamps for breakfast lol.

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

i'm still waiting for a solution, or cant you give one???

obviously none of you park illegaly on private ground...you are to be congratulated!!

And whats with the attitude of " i'll park as awkwardly as i can next to you and your disabled partner"??????

I would just like to shop with my partner and be able to get in or out of my vehicle by using the space provided. whats the problem with that??

Do i have to put bloody spikes all over my car to enable me to do this??

I'm asking for consideration, obviously not something you lot worry about.

so again....has anyone a better solution??? 2ND TIME.

i'm still waiting for a solution, The solution is for your trade to be regulated and for people in your trade to obey the regulations not decide that a fine of £200 to be payed if someone transgresses, or for a subsequnt fine of £400 to be applied if the car is illegally towed by said corrupt firm or cant you give one??? Yes i can everybody who drives should obey the rules of the road, however if people park on private land then it is down to the owner to ensure that the area is either A. cordoned off to stop this and only allow permit holders access or b. accept that there will be times when people use the land because it is there

obviously none of you park illegaly on private ground...you are to be congratulated!! - nope never done it, never had the need

And whats with the attitude of " i'll park as awkwardly as i can next to you and your disabled partner"?????? - I think you will find that that is a tongue in cheek comment to counteract your ridiculas notion that you are in this game simply to stop people parking in a manner that doesnt comply with your idealistic view of the world

I would just like to shop with my partner and be able to get in or out of my vehicle by using the space provided. whats the problem with that?? - no problem, we all would like it, but considering that most car parks were designed in the mid 70s and that since then cars have become considerably bigger it is then obvious that this will happen, so blame the car manufacturers

Do i have to put bloody spikes all over my car to enable me to do this??

I'm asking for consideration, obviously not something you lot worry about.

so again....has anyone a better solution??? 2ND TIME.

apart from the above, half of your points arguaments are all hot air and have no basis.

If you want to be a Clamper feel free, but please dont come on here and try to be holier than thou by using lame arguaments about peoples parking habits.

And whats with the attitude of " i'll park as awkwardly as i can next to you and your disabled partner"??????

It will give you a taste of your own medicine; clampers, cause inconvenience and upset to thousands of often very vulnerable members of the community - you should know what that is like in my opinion. The only thing is that I would not actually do that because I would never sink to the level of a wheel clamper.

P.S. If we tell you our solution you will just take it for yourself and make even more money - were not stupid enough to pay mickey mouse parking tickets, we are hardly about to give away our highly developed solution to parking - we've code named it CAG1.

Spikes are a good idea - gives me something else to angle grind :D

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks