UKPC & Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I used the valuable advice from this forum myself about a year ago concerning a matter with UKPC. I subsequently ignored all their corresepondance, got letters from Rossendales Collect and then they eventually left me alone.

My girlfriend, a few months back got a parking ticket when parked in her numbered bay (from UKPC again) and following my advice simply ignored it.

However, she's just got a letter from 'Debt Recovery Plus Ltd' threatening:

"Unless you pay us the amount in full within 7 days or contact us immediately with your proposals......this could result in:

*A COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT BEING ISSUED AGAINST YOU

*AN ATTACHMENT OF EARNING ORDER

*YOUR PERSONAL EFFECTS BEING SOLD TO PAY THE AMOUNT AT

JUDGEMENT

Seemed like pretty standard stuff to me, I'm just concerned because I've googled/searched the forums and can't find anything out about "Debt Recovery Plus Ltd."

Can anyone advise?

Anyone heard of the company?

Thanks,

If no county court claim is being made then I think that it is highly misleading and threatening to be informed that there could be a judgment.

I think that this is an unfair commercial practice and I would complain to TS under CPUT.

There peeople have to learn how to behave properly

Address for Debt Recovery Plus Limited is:

PO BOX 259 Ashton under lyne OL6 0ES.

Registered office: 5 Grange Park Road, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 1HQ. Comp Reg: 6774510

Address for UKPC:

UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED

Unit 29

1-2 Denham Parade

Oxford Road

Uxbridge UB9 4D

They seem to be all over the place and at different addresses. Any opinions?

5 Grange Park Road, is listed as the home of Carole Ann Barton, accountant.

There are 28 companies listed on ukdata.com as being registered to that address.

UK Parking Control and UK Parking Controls (two separate companies) are registered at THE MERIDIAN, 4 COPTHALL HOUSE STATION SQUARE, COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDS, CV1 2FL.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Thanks for your response Richard - are any of the other companys listed known to be associated with UKPC, e.g. Rossendales Collect or the like?

Thanks again.

I can't see any other companies that are likely to be associated with Debt Recovery Plus. The closest would be Debt Support Ltd, but whether it is associated is not possible to tell. All the rest are small, relatively new companies in a range of businesses.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Hi All, Got caught by UKPC for parking in a disabled bay, bought a cheap digital camera for £60 over at Beckton, East London, was in the shop no more than 2 /3 minutes, there seems to be approx 26 spaces, 6 of which are disabled (no excuse I know, but the other spaces were all free, so anyone disabled could have parked). Got £45 ticket, I swear the person must have been in the carpark to get me that quickly. Was going to pay it until I read this site. Am about to start sitting it out, will let you know progress, also have contacted Trading standards as others should also do. On googling UKPC does seem to be true that they should include Registered address and company number, none of which they do.

and c/o FREEOLA LIMITED looks a bit off. Its an ISP ! sounds like UKPC don't actually have any offices at their registered address. have sen many accommodation addresses used but this is the first time I have seen an ISP used.

I have also been ticketed by TPS parking solutions,where the date on the ticket is 7/1/08 yet on the final notice is 09,obviously written out in error, since I have received two letters on the same day from debt recovery plus as per the first person on this thread,which is very threatening,I mailed TPS twice-they ignored me & DRP ltd aswell-they also ignored me.

so should I ignore them in return?

I have also been ticketed by TPS parking solutions,where the date on the ticket is 7/1/08 yet on the final notice is 09,obviously written out in error, since I have received two letters on the same day from debt recovery plus as per the first person on this thread,which is very threatening,I mailed TPS twice-they ignored me & DRP ltd aswell-they also ignored me.

so should I ignore them in return?

Yes. Theres pretty much no point entering into correspondence with a PPC as they will eithier ignore you, send you the standard 'rejected' template letter and/or send you even more nonsense

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi aeloen,

Did anything ever come of your girlfriends Debt Recover Plus Ltd letter? I am asking as I have just received 2 letters with the same 'Notice on intended litigation' template?

Thanks

Darren

Hi aeloen,

Did anything ever come of your girlfriends Debt Recover Plus Ltd letter? I am asking as I have just received 2 letters with the same 'Notice on intended litigation' template?

Thanks

Darren

Hello Darren.

This thread is 2 years old. It might be better to start your own one and ask your specific questions. There's plenty of help here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi aeloen,

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,

Although I've not been on here for a while, I do always get notification e-mails - just picked yours up!

As the other members have advised nothing ever came of it.

When I first got one from UKPC I wrote back to them contesting it because the date was wrong, but they just ignored me and kept sending me more and more threatening letters (from various 'debt collection agencies'). Eventually they went away.

When my girlfriend got one we never even replied to them once. We got a couple more letters I think but then they eventually left us alone.

From experience, I would say just file them in David Brent's "Special Filing Cabinet,' - the bin.

aeloen

My estate recently got turned into parking permit bays and all of a sudden UKPC started giving out parking tickets at all times of the day. Before I could get my parking permit sorted by my landlord UKPC had given me 6 tickets I've appealed and they just sent me back a standard letter without looking at the details of my case. I've been threatned with bailiff action if I dont pay these tickets within 14 days.

Could somebody who has experience with UKPC tell me what to do because I dont know who to appeal to.

My estate recently got turned into parking permit bays and all of a sudden UKPC started giving out parking tickets at all times of the day. Before I could get my parking permit sorted by my landlord UKPC had given me 6 tickets I've appealed and they just sent me back a standard letter without looking at the details of my case. I've been threatned with bailiff action if I dont pay these tickets within 14 days.

No you haven't been threatened with bailiffs. Read the letter again (then file it in the bin!). You have been threatened with debt collectors. Pen pushers, no more.

Why on earth did you fall for it and appeal, it's not a fine?! Should have ignored from start to finish, private PCNs and the threatogram letters are just a load of claptrap.

IGNORE FROM NOW ON.

Could somebody who has experience with UKPC tell me what to do because I dont know who to appeal to.

Sounds like a typical tactic from UKPC. I once found UKPC giving me a ticket in a parking bay despite there being free parking for 1 hour - I had been in the shop only 5 minutes..

I'll echo the comments from the people above - ignore any subsequent letters from 'baliff companies,' 'lawyers,' or UKPC. Eventually they will go away...

Tell everyone in your neighbourhood the same - think how much money they will be generating from people who are simply scared by the threatening letters and just pay up?

• 5 months later...

Hi all, my daughter has a flat with her own numbered parking space. When I visited her on Nov 5th I parked in her numbered bay and displayed a photocopied permit that was laminated and it stated what bay and the flat address. Yes I got a pcn stating that I was not displaying a valid permit. According to Thames Valley Housing I should have been given 10 minutes observation time but the pcn was instant. I was told by TVH that if a photocopy was displayed it would be instant but no permit was a 10 minute observation time. ???

I did appeal and included their own photograph of my displayed permit. Date and timed in red. They state they will reply in 10 days well it's been 12 so far. I can't wait for them to reply. As I understand civil law, I have a certified copy of the original permit. I have the owners permission to park and the owner even provided me wit the permit. No other vehicles were targeted that day and all the others permits were blank. My daughters ex boyfriend had an A4 photocopied permit in his car for a year and never received a pcn. But when he lost the photocopied A4 permit he was targeted at least 10 times. He ignored them and he did get threatening letters but he ignored them all and they left him alone in the end too.

I work in the parking enforcement industry and I am appalled by the way UKPC conduct themselves.

I sent then an email claiming £10.00 for wasting my time and wrongful issue of a pcn. I should've said it doubles after 14 days eh? Lol.

Steveo

If you work in the industry why you bother appealing when you know private ones are fake.?

Hello, I don't work in the private side of this industry, I do work for a local authority and this is not acceptable at all.

I'm guessing that they won't bother me again as I told them of their errors in the ticket they gave me. I didn't know they would be fake as I've never had one before. I usually don't park in contravention to parking rules, as a rule. Lol.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks