Before I Get My Bus Pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd second that Latty - what a trouper !

Congratulations !

Well done !

:):):)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Toes, foot and knee a little sore this morning but i'll live.

no takers on the photos yet -

i'm going to get my life back now (i.e. cleaning the house, gardening, etc).

i'll be back with the totals -

so far - it looks like the total will be £793 (the on-line donations are in the bag- - i have to collect all the others - may still get a few more pounds)

thanks again for all your good wishes - i thought about everyone while i was plodding along

well done latty

You should be very proud of yourself. This world needs more people like you who will take the time to give to others and forget themselves for a little while. You have made us all very proud.

Big hugs to you xxxx

Hiya Latty and well done.

My dad has had a hearta ttack and is still in hospital waiting to have his pacemaker fitted. Thw wife had a glass smashed in her face in work on Saturday night so things are a bit up the wall at the moment.

If you have no takers for the piccies I have PM'd you with my email address and I will gladly put them on here for you. I just can't promise a time.

Sorry:(

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

It's just like the number 28 bus here in hull - you wait and you wait and then 3 come at once! lol

Thanks Bookie and Sod-em - I'm sending them to Mr. Lex to handle but I'll keep you two in reserve.

Chris - your mum's name was on my back too - you'll see when the pics get here.

and big thanks to Mr.Lex

i knew you'd do it bookie - but thot your were semi-retired.

and sod 'em - you've got enough on your plate - go take care of your dad and the mrs. - best wishes to both.

OK, here we go, Lattie's pictures with her words :-

mail.jpg

My running partner and me before the race with my friend Gill who is undergoing treatment.

Lattie2.jpg

The sign I wore on my back

lattie3.jpg

Margo and me with our medals

lattie4.jpg

A little celebration half in the pub (about half and hour after the finish!)

Once again, well done Lattie, you look really good after all that running !!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

fan-dabby-dozie, mr.lex - you are da man!!!

thanks for that - and in record time as well!

i truly hate photos of me - but this is in a good cause and ultimately - you guys have never seen me - so maybe it's not me at all! but, it is....

i gave my medal to gill because she deserves a medal for all she's been through. and so do lots of others - let's hope the money helps to find cures before more lives are lost.

my total at the moment is £794 for cancer research and £461 of that was from CAGgers -

my humble and deepest thanks.

it's not too late if anyone else wants to earn my humble and deepest thanks...

Race for Life - Lattie's Fundraising Page - Please give if you can:-)

Edited by lateralus

I gave my medal to gill because she deserves a medal for all she's been through.

What a really nice thought !! :)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well done Lattie! :D:D:D

I ended up sponsoring you and one of my colleagues as well - my Mom died of cancer a year ago, it's such a horrible condition I hope that all the Research will eventually find a cure or better treatment.

The photo's are great ~ and you look like you enjoyed the celebration in the pub afterwards!

Great to see you Latty - I can now put a (lovely) face to your posts ..... :)don't you look well after having run all that way - in the pink you could say .....:rolleyes::lol:

Once again - well done ...... XX

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

aww, shucks jm, (blush, blush)

i know pd has mo sewn up but couldn't i be eula - another of your leading ladies? kh is more my style;)

rooster_cogburn_1975_685x385.jpg

have a good day, everybody!

couldn't i be eula - another of your leading ladies? kh is more my style:wink:

Of course you can Latty ..... I'd be honoured Ma'am ..........;) she was a feisty lady too ....... :p:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

it was my pleasure!

you wouldn't have believed the messages on people's signs - so many people whose lives have been affected.

over 5400 women all with these pink signs on their backs - it was impressive to say the least.

well now missy hilaryfrances! - that puts me over the £800 mark. most impressive when you consider that £471 of that is from people on this website. even taking away empowered's monster donation of £200 that's still a massive amount from cag members. i'm awed by the generosity i've been shown. still collecting from workmates and won't see the pub peeps until saturday but should have it all collected and in within a week or two.

thanks again hillaryfrances and everybody!:D