keefyboy - v - Capone

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Version are you here yet,

if so if you page back up you will see the reply I got back from Cap One after a second request for a copy of the signed agreement.

How would you suggest I carry forward on this one then ?

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi keefy, i'm too are having a run around with crap1. They simply send out template letters and ignore any letters i send to them.

Im in the same position as this thread and getting nowhere fast.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172543-just-recieved-signed-capital.html

Here is the letter;

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

PO Box 5282

Nottingham

NG2 3FB

9th March 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

Account/Reference Number

I refer you back to your letter dated 4th March 2009, where on page 2 you refer to our change of address, and the fact that YOU had not received any notification of our change of address, I refer you to our letter dated 26th January 2009, giving you details of the change of address for myself and my husband on the Account Numbers stated above (a copy of this letter is enclosed), you failed to send any sort of recognition to this letter or request any other documents to prove this change of address.

Also on 26th January 2009 you were sent 2 letters, one from myself and one from Mrs ********* requesting a true signed copy of the agreements held with yourselves. Both these letters were sent to you from this NEW ADDRESS and the returned replies and all other correspondence, have been addressed to both of us at the NEW address, therefore if you have not accepted the new address then why are you replying to it ?

This is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act on both accounts as you FAILED to query the new address and ask for confirmation until now, a period of approx 6 weeks, and you still proceeded to forward details of both accounts, see your letter dated 6th February 2009, the second part of the letter, titled “Terms of your Capital One agreement” where you disclosed my account number, the account balance, my home address, details which are of a sensitive nature to myself .

Therefore I will not be sending you any supporting documentation as requested by you, because you have already ACCEPTED the change of address by sending official correspondence to it on at least 4 occasions.

I have taken that by writing to the new address your records have already been updated. I will also be taking advice as to the fact that you have breached the Data Protection Act as above.

With regards to the matter of the True Copy of the signed agreements that you seem to be trying to get me to drop, I will be pursuing this further through whatever means I have, as in my opinion you are trying to hide something by not letting me see a TRUE SIGNED copy of the agreement and the account is STILL IN DEFAULT as you failed to return the required documentation, as my letter dated 26th January 2009, by the allowed period of 12 + 2 working days. Your letter may be dated 6th February 2009, but it is YOUR responsibility to ensure it's safe arrival before the deadline date, which it did not, therefore the agreement is STILL IN DEFAULT and all the default conditions apply.

I also wish to know that the copy of the agreement you say is a copy of the original, is that a single page document or 2 documents copied onto 1 sheet to save you money ? One of the reasons that I have requested the TRUE COPY OF THE SIGNED AGREEMENT is that is a discrepancy which can only be proved or disproved by myself viewing the above.

Yours faithfully

So guys can anyone see anything I have missed or not done, please.

I have 2 copies of the letter one for me and one from the wifes account ready to go tomorrow if they seem ok.

It's also funny how when putting our 2 aledged agreements side by side, and considering that we both took them out on the same day even, the interest rates are different (sexual discrimination ??) the credit details are different and there is one thing that we both do whenever we sign any sort of agreement, and that is not done on either agreements, a certain tick box hasn't got a tick in.....:D

Sorry I have not been very active last 2 days, but I have been working on my Complaint against Crap ONE for the FOS, it's a good one, the moaner has struck again, 4 pages of FOS PDF and then 4 more A4 pages to go with the others and thats without the 26 pages (some are double sided as the replies from Crap One) of copies of the letters between us (10 Trees to plant tomorrow). I am proud of it.

Its taken me 2 days to complete, changed 4 ink cartridges, opened another ream of paper..... got blisters on my finger tips and a sore bum with all this sitting around............ but it's worth it every last page.

Start another letter to crap one tomorrow and complaint to OFT and Trading Standards. both locations.... and maybe the Data protection people as well if I can find where they reside.... :D:D:D

I feel totally brain dead today :eek: both my wife and I have sat down with the "ALLEDGED COPY" of the agreements and we have both found at least 6 differences to what we signed for on these supposed aggreement TRUE copies..... But as the print was so small and I had to use a magnifying glass to read it, the font is printed so small.

Now I need some help with something, has anyone got a Capital One credit card, who may have some of their Terms & Condition and charges please.

1/

I want to know if Crap Ones charges for Default charges, mine are printed on the agreement virtually bottom left above the signatures boxes area, if you have, have Crap ones charges always been £12,( I don't think so, I am sure they have changed these because of the reclaiming of charges thing.)

2/ Annual Fee for the card

I am sure they didn't charge a fee for the card when we took the aggreements out, does anyone have an old agreement and can tell me if it was on theirs ? there is on mine, but nothing on the wifes...

The complaint for the FOS is virtually ready for posting now, have had to find a bigger envelope for it all, and I wont get away with a single first class stamp on this one.....

Fox

I have been onto the OFT site today and they do not take complaints from MOP, :mad: only companies, so I have to get onto the Trading Standards now and get one off to them.:D

I have a set of T's &C's from Crap1 from 2004. I got them when I sar'd them

for my card, the annual fee was £18

Charges.

Late or failure to pay charge-£20

Returned payment charge-£20

Overlimit charge-£20

Returned credit card cheque charge-£15

Foreign currency conversion fee-2.75%

They are the only charges they list but bear in mind this is from 2004

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Version,

yes I have been reading your Thread and see what you are getting the run around too

Yep they are giving all of us the run around, hoping we will drop it if they keep ignoring us, well I aint giving up, no way, I don't care how long we have to wait, I have got the Official complaint for the FOS done and ready for posting, probably on Monday, not feeling the greatest at the mo, unfortunately this happens now and again because of all my problems and the drugs I have to take. I've just overdone it a bit, working on pewter for hours on end.

Was reading through OFT site, blimey thats long winded on there but not for consumers, we have have to use Trading Standards, so over the weekend I will pour over their site.

One thing that made me laugh was my letter under CPR regs, they obviously didn't read the letter properly because it was an exact same copy of the first reply they sent me, just different date and person signing it... wot a bunch of idiots they are.... I feel sorry who works under that sort of leadership......

I have drafted a letter to them, it's a good one, after I have posted it I will give it until I get confirmation that it has arrived and I will put it on here for you all to see.

Hi Fox again

Thanks for your posting , the information confirms what I thought, the agreement they sent me is definitely not a true copy, with or without the signatures. I have decided that I will go all the way with them, to court, lets see what they do about that, but my next step is SAR, lets see what rubbish they send me....

morning,

go back and remove your surname please :-|

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Morning Fox

I had looked at that document about 6 times to make sure I had not left any personal details on, even when I uploaded it I still didn't see it.. so thanks for that... so easy to change it with photobucket too, which makes a change..

went to hospital Monday, it's one thing after another at the mo, I had a overnight test done for Sleep Apnea a couple of months ago, and this was results, not good, apparently at night I sleep on top of Mt Killamanjaro, my oxygen levels are bad 50% or less and I wake a min of 90 times an hour, no wonder I'm always so tired, she told us that this is one of the worst results in quite a while (Trust me) any I now have to sleep with a nose mask on with a machine pumping air into my nose all the time (well on demand thing) may have to have a full mask as I am having trouble keeping my mouth shut.... hee hee that's the "Moaner" part coming out of me... so now something else to add to the list... the other half said it was great when I have mask on I dont snore (well its never woken or disturbed me before..) back to the part of hospital in June...

Not to worry I have far more important things on my mind like CAP! and Lloyds/tsb..... that was so nice that letter this morning, shall I let them off for being so nice........ could I be as nice as them.... "NO I B***DY can't !!"

Blimey, I know i have health problems but nowhere nears as bad as you :(

anyway, go and have a look at post 35 as I think there may be something on there which might need a little edit.

Amended, did not see that one either....

and with regards to my health, it's not a pretty book and the majority started after my heart attacks and the Hernia op that went wrong...

I will never be able to work again, what pees me off a big bit, as I was always very active, new weight is 138kg used to be 13 1/2 stones (don't know what the conversion amount is and too lazy to go and look for it..) got a lot to answer for haven't they... good ol' NHS... and I can't claim against them as I signed the consent forms...

The same letter I received, the next will be another letter from them with a complaint reference number and thanking you for making a complaint and that sorry they still haven't come up with the goods and if you want you can make an official complaint - very kind of them.

I have heard nothing since except for their inhouse lawyers sending me a blank agreement for replacement card with a new number which allegedly replaced my previous card.

Heard nothing since

HH

as promised here is the letter I sent CapOne

Cap1letter200209008.jpg

Cap1letter200209009-1.jpg

Cap1letter200209010-1.jpg

Lets see if this one hits a nerve or two.... :D:D:D

Morning,

I hope you never have to ring them as they won't know what's hit them.

It beggars belief that such a "professional" (:rolleyes:) company can get it so wrong.

I'll be waiting with baited breath for their reply.

fox

I suppose there are some people who will fall for that one, but I don't expect that one cause they took the card away yonks ago, to, and in their words " make sure they are a responsible lender"... haaa who do they think they are ... a responsible bank ?? or credit card company......

I had a leaflet through the door the other day from Prudential offering a credit card loan, you can either have the credit card loaded with £300 or you can have £300 cash, the man will called each week for your payment, so no expensive bank charges..... now wait for it...........

The APR on the card or the cash was.........

Make sure you are siting down....

179% apr................

and the trouble is people who are so desperate will pay it.

Morning Fox

Going to be famous today, got a Photoshoot, I suppose I better go and wash behind my ears just to make sure there's no spuds growing there...

It's for Leicester Link, they are a charity who contact your ex employers and talk them round to paying some money to pay for something essential like my Electric wheelchair or whatever they need to get.. They are very strict and wont just jump for anyone, you have to satisfy certain criteria before they start contacting. For me as far as I know it was the Firefighters Charity, The Bankers charity (because the misses working in banking until she saw the light, this was many years ago when she left school )

So I'm going to be famous... how much do you think I should charge them, and must not forget about the Royalties as well.

COOL. Don't forget to put a scowl on your face. We don't want anyone to think you are a nice person really :D (especially County Hall)

I do think you ought to forego the royalties though :) and I'm sure we won't hold anything against you missus as she has seen the light.

As for being famous, I think you already are- a famous pain in the a*se to LCC :grin:

Photoshoot done, fee zilch.... no royalties either, but as They got my wheelchair for me I'll let them off..

How about this one then as a rip off Merchant !!!

index_04.gif index_05.gifTalk about rip people off in their hour of need, they even send the collector (and the Heavies) every week to collect your payments.:eek:

The company is PROVIDENT PERSONAL CREDIT....

Edited by keefyboy
wrong bits put on.

Talk about rip people off in their hour of need, they even send the collector (and the Heavies) every week to collect your payments.:eek:

Hi Keefyboy, I believe the same people had an association with argos which was for a card with 227% apr

beggars belief really!

I cringe at the 30% MBNA/Crap1/Citi charge

PmW

I can remember back a few (not saying how many) years when the Pru man was a household name in the house, and mum sending one of us to answer the door to ask the man to call back the following day (because of dads payday ) saying she wasn't in can he come back tomorrow... it makes me wonder how much my mum and dad were ripped off by them... probably more than the credit card companies charge us now....

but I will never forget "The Man From The Pru"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I was really pleasently surprised this morning Ellie sent me another letter, after she said should wouldn't reply to me anymore. It's really made my day

but I get the feeling that she isn't happy with all these letters I keep sending her.... so here is her lovely letter

img001-1.jpg

img002.jpg

Now wasn't that nice of her, to tell me once again that they HAVE sent a copy of the document, just in case I forgot...

Well Ellie, we will see if you are telling porky pies to me, I have sent her a SAR.... isn't that good of me.... :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Can someone enlighten me please, the 40 days allowed, is that Working days or ordinary days please, so I can put another Crap 1 mark on my calender.. ;)

It's lovely and sunny in Leicestershire today, I hope you are all making the most of it....

:):):):):):):):)