• Tweets

• If you're set on pursuing the receiver then a complaint to his governing body (if any) might be a sensible low risk first step. You need to confirm what qualifications he actually has. I don't believe an LPA Receiver necessarily needs to be a licensed insolvency practioner, although he may be. Or he may a chartered surveyor. I note you say "LPA" and "fixed charge" receiver, but aren't those two different appointments with different remits? What relevant powers are given in the mortgage terms and security? Or if that's unclear then how was the appointment described to you? Ducking back to the comment I made earlier, you consulted a solicitor who advised a claim against the receiver. How did he advise that you do so?   Some background reading (accepting it's from 2013 and you may be working off more recent preceded overturning this) .. LPA receivers owe very limited duty to borrowers; a reminder WWW.WRIGHTHASSALL.CO.UK As lenders rely more and more on their powers to appoint an LPA Receiver, a recent case has clarified the Receiver’s obligations, both to the lender and its borrower.  
    • Good Law Project are trying to force HMG to release details of how Sunak's hedge fund made large profits from Moderna. Government ordered to disclose Sunak’s hedge fund emails - Good Law Project GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG Good Law Project has won a battle with the Treasury after it tried to suppress emails between Rishi Sunak and the hedge fund he founded.  
    • Nick Wallis has written up the first day of Angela van den Bogerd's evidence to the inquiry. I thought she was awful. She's decided to go with being not bright enough to spot what was happening over Fujitsu altering entries on the Horizon system, rather than covering up important facts. She's there today as well. The First Lady of Flat Earth – Post Office Scandal WWW.POSTOFFICESCANDAL.UK Angela van den Bogerd, on oath once more It is possible that Angela van den Bogerd and her senior colleagues (Rodric Williams, Mark Davies, Susan...  
    • Thank-you dx, What you have written is certainly helpful to my understanding. The only thing I would say, what I found to be most worrying and led me to start this discussion is, I believe the judge did not merely admonish the defendant in the case in question, but used that point to dismiss the case in the claimants favour. To me, and I don't have your experience or knowledge, that is somewhat troubling. Again, the caveat being that we don't know exactly what went on but I think we can infer the reason for the judgement. Thank-you for your feedback. EDIT: I guess that the case I refer to is only one case and it may never happen again and the strategy not to appeal is still the best strategy even in this event, but I really did find the outcome of that case, not only extremely annoying but also worrying. Let's hope other judges are not quite so narrow minded and don't get fixated on one particular issue as FTMDave alluded to.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help please? reposession order for the 18th Feb 2009

dehowletts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone reads this b4 the morning could you give me your opinion please?

is it worth me re-calcing the amount owing if my MC had upheld the interest only part of my mortgage?

Best Regards

Claire

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

Hi Claire

Sorry I can't help with your last question, but just to wish you the best of luck for this morning. I went to court with a friend for exactly the same thing. The judge was lovely and it was all over in minutes with a favourable outcome.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi J

Thanks for your words of reassurance they are appreciated I haven't slept all night which I'm sure won't help but too late now!!

The only thing I'm nervous of is that my husband hasn't started his job yet and I'm still not working...... So my income expenditure is somewhat lacking.....

But I'll post back later and let you know how it went - if it doesn't go in our favour I've got 16 teenagers in the street getting ready for my daughter's 18th on Thursday....

I really REALLY don't want my daughter's memeory of her 18th to be 'my 18th birthday party the day after we were made homeless' so I'm just going to give it my all stick to the facts and hope I get a nice judge like you not the one I had for the initial possesion order whom would have upheld the eviction then if I hadn't managed to clear the arrears

Catch you later Cx

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

Hi

Yes just wishing you the best and hopefully will hear your good news later

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hopefully it will be good news - did they charge you for the 'counsellors' advice as that is against the OFT guidelines, the ****** who came from GMAC 'altered' my form after telling me it will be okay. NEVER believe these counsellors and ask if you can have a witness available and record the details... they won't like that but you should insist, after all they charged me £100 for the twerp who came round.

They withdrew the eviction order!!!!!!!:):):):)

Get this with NO terms.......???????

As the judge said this straight away i went to leave straight away.... and got told off!! & Told to sit down....

I'll update with details later cos I want 2 keep this bit positive!! (& i need to sleep & eat)

I really want to insert a bright twinkley star now (but there isn't 1!) to say thanks to the bright shining 'star of the North' aka Ell-enn because without her (& the support of this forum) I'd be homeless tomorrow and my daughter's 18th Thursday would've been a day to remember for all the wrong reasons!!

So thank-you Cx

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!

Absolutely fantastic -- I've got tears in my eyes typing this.

Enjoy - go and eat and sleep and get ready for that huge party on Thursday :D. You've an extra reason to celebrate now!!

You're right about Ell-enn - she's fantastic, and has helped many many people in a similar situation.

Well done xxxxx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Yes well done you and well done Ell-enn

fantastic news

look forward to the full report later

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hiya, Brilliant News ! - I hope you have a wonderful party - have a glass of champers for me :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi

Firstly wow guys so much support & thanks again!!

Ok some detail as promised..... but firstly i'd like to state i think I had a particularly horrible judge and I'm sure this isn't the norm so if your new to CAG read the other threads because most peeps have had nice judges and (if your easily offended please don't read on)

I am considering buying her an Ann Summer's voucher when we are more solvent with a suggestion she buys something that require's batteries......!!

(i am only joking BTW)

After she'd told us the warrant was cancelled with no conditions she was halfway through dismissing us & changed her mind basically because they hadn't imposed conditions.....?? Non of the following phased me because i was already singing & skipping in my head from when she'd told me it was cancelled

• She seemed dissappointed to have to cancel the eviction! (hence my opening comment) and really not amused about the lack of conditions
  • She told me off for representing myself and said she dissapproved and she strongly recommend i go to shelter
  • She then asked q's that if she'd bothered to read the defence were all answered
  • My mother asked for written confirmation that the baliffs wouldn't show for which she was given a right telling off!? (a simple no you don't need it would've done!) - had it have been a different situation & she'd spoken to my mum (a teacher of 41 years now headteacher of a unit attached to a mainstream school) like that me thinks sparks would've flown!!

But despite all of the above still an absolute win for us and for CAG!!!

But what a wierdo eh?? oh well there's always 1 & at least it was me who got her not some poor soul there on there own......

Cx

ps where do i post other q's now resulting from this (such as how long does a suspended repossession order last etc) does anyone know please??

pps besides dontations linking through CAG to shopping sites etc how else can i give something back please?

Hi there, what a nasty judge (put it down to hormones!!)

You already have given something back my dear, your experience:) Others who read your thread will be able to see what needs to be done to overcome their repossession/eviction problems - and that there is a positive result. They will also be assured that they can get the help they need and hopefully be confident enough to see it through.

As to how long a suspended repossession lasts - it will stay until you have repaid all the arrears - you can then apply to the court to have it removed.

I'm so pleased you will all be able to relax and enjoy your daughter's 18th party - have fun:D

Ellx

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

ENJOY THE PARTY TOMORROW :D:D - forget all about the court case, your home is safe now and that's all that matters.

I wish I were 18 again :eek:

jaxads

I wish I were 18 again :eek:

So do I!! but I'd want to know what I know now ;)

So do I!! but I'd want to know what I know now ;)

me 3!! plus it really doesn't feel like that long agao I was!

plus how can i be the mother of an adult when I don't feel like a grown-up myself half the time?!:confused:8-)

Cx

p.s. I've posted a link to CAG on my facebook profile..... cos quite a few of my friends were asking what was happening re house through fb is that ok?

p.p.s. I'll post a link to the photo's on here probably Friday if u like?

me 3!! plus it really doesn't feel like that long agao I was!

plus how can i be the mother of an adult when I don't feel like a grown-up myself half the time?!:confused:8-)

Tell me about it! - my "kids" are 26 and 28 :eek: I was a child bride - honest!

Ell

Hi All

Party was fab she looked beautiful and was like a whippet darting about all night (it took me 4 attempts to actually get her to keep still long enough to do the cake!)

She's got a bit of a headache today though - thay'll teach her lol!!

Claire

p.s. I really need some help with DSS issues I received a letter yesterday which said that they had recalled all the money paid and I had no right to appeal I had kittens then a mini breakdown then I called them

as usual I couldn't speak to anyone in mortgages but I refused to come off the phone until I spoke to the call centre manager because of the history of 20+ promises from them to get the mortgage department to call me back and the fact it took them almost a year to process the claim.

it could have absolutely ruined yesterday apart from I was absolutely determined that it wouldn't they did for the first time ever do what they said they would do and called back first thing at 8.55 when I'd only been in bed about 4 hours (obviously it takes a manager to make sure this happens!?) and the mortgage department told me to basically ignore the letter it was because they had paid money to MC twice from 2 servers and had to cancel 1 lot of payments!!!?? the result of which was 1 lot of payments had gone to the MC :-|:|:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

which was what I'd thought before I'd received the letter anyway (I hope your confused by now cos I am!!)

this is not really reposession stuff and is only the tip of the iceberg with them does anyone know where the most relevant place is on here to read & to post please?