• Tweets

• I see they're trying to round up asylum seekers and lock them up for about three months so they can be put on planes to Rwanda. I'm a bit surprised that this is legal.  
    • thought for the day "Prime ministers need a big strategy that tells you where you’re going, you need a bunch of tactics that get you there, and you need the ability to take everybody else with you."   Now I know you are all thinking 'why is the  UKs destination Rwanda ???
    • Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
    • Right that's exactly why so many drivers got caught, it had been that way for many years then suddenly changes with no warning
    • The hearing is 25th June, I have downloaded items to different organisations previously but they do it a simple way and I just cross out private things with a felt tip and sent to an email address.  I have looked at the instructions for CAG it seems extremely complicated especially this about having to use a system MSPAINT.EXE that removes your personal information. I am hoping one of my Grandchildren understands things to give me help, I have shown one of my daughters she said she does not understand the instructions. I have a PC and I mainly use a lap top, as previously advised I only understand the straightforward things, sending an email and using my scanner to send a document that I save in a file or send it to an email. I will try and find someone to help me, thanks for your help you have given me so far appreciate it        
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help please? reposession order for the 18th Feb 2009

dehowletts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

gonna re-boot a sec my PC keeps hanging

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you sent the letter posted above?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

For the moment keeping your property is the most important thing so do you actually agree the arrears figure on what they have sent you and does it agree with the figure given in court?

Can you see clearly what they say the DWP have paid and does that agree with what you have been told?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Actually I can see what Ell-enn is saying are they replying to the letter you sent this week rather than the SAR. that is two different things.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Ok

this is not a reply to the SAR this is a breakdown of your arrears.Thats what you requested and it has been sent by your lenders solicitor.

Your mortgage is obviously split into two parts a further advance and a main mortgage.

So the arrears figure they gave you is the two added together.

If you heard them right and they said you had not paid recently then that was obviously incorrect - but as the payments are intermittent then maybe they said your arrears had only decreased by that much.

will have a closer look later

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

From what I can see there was a very long period of time when no payments at all were made . And now I guess the only payments are from DWP - as your payments have gone up and down with the interest rates the payments have not always tallied and also the payments that are being recieved are only 1/2 your MP. as your MP is quite high then your arrears increase rapidly. In terms of months if their records are correct you are approx 10/11 months in arrears.

I am afraid I am not sure what your entitlements to help are but if it is all the interest then the amount being credited does not seem correct - but as you have a large mortgage ( no larger than mine!) then perhaps your entitlement is capped?

My worry is that you may have misunderstood what they said in court and your arrears are correct.

Also if your partner gets a job will you be able to manage as presumably the interest assistance will stop?

My questions - do you know what the curent interest rate is?

If your partner secures employment will you be able to make your current payments plus a small amount towards the arrears.

Do you think you will be able to get any money to pay the arrears .

Have you worked out what the interest only payment on the debt would be ?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi

have you managed to check the figures and do you agree the arrears now?

What is your plan for the next hearing? Do you need any more help?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi All

re-booted yesterday to no avail hence done a semi-rebuild just to bring my PC back to life grrrr

As I thought!! - it's not my answer ro my SAR (sent again back last month using the template J sent me via pm) the letters above were sent via my solicitor (as she wanted to be kept in the loop) I asked her to let me know exactly what was what with them she hasn't but I'll see her Monday.

What this letter from ME doesn't help me with is the charges and to which amounts the charges have been added.

Monday in court should be ok because the relevant paperwork the judge requested is submitted (I physically took the letter to my solicitors on Tuesday as nothing is going in the post at the mo just in case!!) however I think I am far from sorting this yet......

Cx

p.s. their pure lack of co-operation actually makes me more determined!

Edited by dehowletts
REALLY bad spelling!

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

I'm afraid I have to be brutally honest with you here hun - I think you're only hope of saving the situation is for your mum to pay the arrears - I can't see how a judge would suspend eviction on the evidence you have, it's just not strong enough. Judges have to take into consideration how the arrears are to be paid and the likelihood of your being able to make the monthly payments going forward.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I feel you need to pull something out of the bag here.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi E

Sorry I've just realised the MAJOR update I haven't done............. The judge gave us an extra week to produce evidence that we've appled for and indeed meet the criteria for mortgage rescue which we do and we supplied the evidence requested to the court last Tuesday.

This will then give us another 6 weeks to gather info etc (there's more to this than I'm prepared to enter on an open forum but I'll pm you if you like?)

Our solicitor has said that to her knowledge no judge to date has evicted when an application to M rescue is being considered - is this true to your knowledge?

Sorry been having major PC fun so I think it might've crashed (hence losing my update re the mortgage rescue entry because I'm sure I did do it - but then i feel like i'm in a real life 'ground-hog day' at the mo....)

hope you're well?

Cx

Please do PM :)

I have

& BTW this is soooooooooo untrue it's almost funny........!

ME said to their solicitor who e-mailed mine to this effect that the reason that the biggest part of my mortgage is interest & repayment still is because & i quote "that's what the customer wants"!!!?????????

NO mention of my 3 requests spanning almost 17 months to change it! They really are full of absolute tosh

Hi

I still have a few questions for you.

Tomorrow you just have to show evidence that you MAY be eligible for the mortgage rescue scheme is that correct ?

That give you time to get a final decision.

Lets take a worse scenario - and you do not get help - at the moment lets ignore the arrears charges because at this stage they are only an issue if they are included in the total arrears figures that they are using in court - and from what I can see they are not. So unless you disagree on that the charges issue will have to be tackled much later.

At the moment on the statement the solicitor sent you you agree the arrears figure- yes?

At the moment the arrears figure is increasing - yes?

Do the DWP payments go direct to the mortgage and what propertion of the interest is it suposed to pay?

If you can confirm your current interest rate I can tell you what your interest only MP would be - can you tell me this?

Your lender does seem to be putting your MP down because of lower interest rates so this is your best chance ever to try and be able to afford your mortgage - I ask you again, if your husband secures employment and the help with interest on the mortgage stops will you be able to mainatin current payments (£748 and £128 approx from memory?)

If you get a "gift" to clear the arrears and your situation does not change thenyou will only get breathing space for you to secure employment or sell the house - but that is still preferable to possession when the costs and charges will be totally out of your control. So maybe that is what you should aim for. At the moment I would concentrate on keeping your home and we can get angry with your lender later.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

out of interest for others a link to dtails on mortgage rescue scheme details

Mortgage Rescue scheme : Directgov - Home and community

Mortgages Taken Out Before 2nd October 1995

For the first 8 weeks - you will receive no help from when your claim for Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance is awarded.

From the 8th-25th week - you should receive half of your Mortgage Interest payment.

From the 26th week - you should receive the Full Mortgage Interest.

Mortgages Taken Out After 2nd October 1995

For the first 39 weeks - you will receive no help from the date when your claim for Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance is awarded.

From the 40th week - you should receive the Full Mortgage Interest.

Be aware that the interest paid by the DWP is at a set rate. This does not necessarily match the rate that you are being charged by the mortgage lender. You would have to make sure that you took this into account when calculating what you need to pay including any arrears.

Other Types of Help you can get from Your Mortgage Lender

Lenders will try and help you to sort out any problems you may have with paying your mortgage.

• They may also offer to help you in other ways, but remember do not sign anything until you feel comfortable with any explanation offered or before you receive independent financial advice.
  • The lender may agree to add the arrears to your total mortgage debt - this option is usually considered when your property is valued more than the amount outstanding on the mortgage.
  • The possibility of changing from an endowment to a repayment mortgage may be an option. This could release money from the endowment policy towards your arrears. However, you may end up paying more than your usual monthly instalment. Remember you must get independent financial advice if you are considering cashing in any endowment policies you may have .
  • Your lender may agree to increase the mortgage term beyond the original terms, ie. an increase from 25-30 years. This will reduce the monthly payment in order for you to make an offer towards the arrears you have.
  • Your lender may consider the possibility of you paying the interest on a temporary basis. This is only appropriate if you have a 'capital repayment mortgage'.

Edited by jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi

I still have a few questions for you.

Tomorrow you just have to show evidence that you MAY be eligible for the mortgage rescue scheme is that correct ? yes

That give you time to get a final decision.

Lets take a worse scenario - and you do not get help - at the moment lets ignore the arrears charges because at this stage they are only an issue if they are included in the total arrears figures that they are using in court - and from what I can see they are not. So unless you disagree on that the charges issue will have to be tackled much later.

At the moment on the statement the solicitor sent you you agree the arrears figure- yes?

At the moment the arrears figure is increasing - yes?

Do the DWP payments go direct to the mortgage and what propertion of the interest is it suposed to pay?

If you can confirm your current interest rate I can tell you what your interest only MP would be - can you tell me this?

Your lender does seem to be putting your MP down because of lower interest rates so this is your best chance ever to try and be able to afford your mortgage - I ask you again, if your husband secures employment and the help with interest on the mortgage stops will you be able to mainatin current payments (£748 and £128 approx from memory?)

If you get a "gift" to clear the arrears and your situation does not change thenyou will only get breathing space for you to secure employment or sell the house - but that is still preferable to possession when the costs and charges will be totally out of your control. So maybe that is what you should aim for. At the moment I would concentrate on keeping your home and we can get angry with your lender later.

Re the other bits I still really don't know but can we defo explore further after tomoz?

thanks as always! DeH's x

No probs- hope everything is Ok

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

No probs- hope everything is Ok

Yep ok for now thanks! :) but only til Sept 7th (another Monday morning same court same judge same time 'ground-hog' day 4 true!)

This gives us exactly 6 weeks & counting to look & all options & make some major decisions......(cloud)

which is a whole heap more than i thought we'd get this time last week (silver lining)

M.Ex as per usual & true to form might as well have been reading from a Fairytale book again - (I really REALLY nearly lost it this time at the tosh they keep spouting I had to keep counting backwards in my head just to contr4ol myself - my ma said she thought i was gonna pop!) but at least the judge did give me time to come back at em this time..... yey!!

Big BIG BIG love 2 u all & thanks for support xxxxx

ps Have had a lil drink in the afternoon so that's all I'm writing 4 now....:p

BTW I'm gonna go on i-tunes after this update & buy Boomtown rats 'tell me why i don't like mondays' 8-)

Good result!:) Looking forward to hearing the full story......

I shall have one on you whilst I go to see some live misic tonight, jam session in local pub and they've invited me along.

You need to be prepared for the next one, maybe then you will get their side slaughtered....

Good luck for keeping your cool, its not easy when you know they are clutching at legal straws.

Great news DeH,

time to celebrate now... were still in our houses...

Im over the moon that you got some breathing space. please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Lynne

Really pleased that you have another chance. look foward to hearing what they said this time.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Can you give us a few more details about what happened in court.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on line cos got cut off & i've been in & out of hospital

(i'm ok now though finally worked out what was causing these really scary attacks that were severe enough that in A&E they numb your throat & shove a tube down so u can breathe which was mimicing asthma i kept telling them i wasn't ashmatic grrrr!! - painkillers were the cause would ya believe)

went back to court this morning & lost she upholded the eviction order

i'll add detail later cos i've gotta sleep right now - haven't slept a wink since Fri at 10 to 5 (talk about give me no notice) when my solicitor dropped it on me that she wouldn't be in court with me this morning.....

DeH's

So sorry to hear your news. have been away and only just back on line today. hope you are ok

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry I've been 'missing' for a while my healths been a tad dicky but I'm all good again now,

Had ANOTHER 7 day warning cos they're gonna go at it again from the top new warrant etc..... However I have a plan I've started to put into action & at the mo so far so good.

I'm gonna be really superstitous (or however you spell it!) & not say anymore til it's more 'finalised' because the weekend of Friday the 13th earlier in the year was when it went really Pete Tong, so once I have written confirmation that they've accepted my proposal I'll update with full details cos it may help others.

I really hope all are well??

I've missed you guys!

Big love DeH's x