• Tweets

• Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stays still being ordered by the Courts

Alleycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that one of our moderators won her case despite refusing the confidentiality agreement. I may be wrong but I think it was mjanet. I have tried searching for the post but realised it would take me forever.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Yes I understand a number of members have been asked to sign con agreements, have refused & still received full settlement.

The money lenders don't want to go to court but they will try anything to lower the impact on them. Refusal followed by half offer followed by full offer but with conditions (dont tell anyone) to full pay without conditions when you refuse anything less

I remember reading that one of our moderators won her case despite refusing the confidentiality agreement. I may be wrong but I think it was mjanet. I have tried searching for the post but realised it would take me forever

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/1777-mjanet-lloyds-unconditionally.html?highlight=mjanet

It's a cracking read!

Elsinore

Sent a letter into court, hand delivered Thursday 10, just received reply dated 15, it says the judge has removed the stay.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

This is it.

I respectfully request that these stays be removed for two reasons.

Firstly, the case you have referred to was settled several weeks ago pre-Court with Lloyds TSB agreeing to pay the full outstanding amount to the Elliot family, therefore I believe it is no longer relevant to my case.

Secondly, whilst I will continue to attempt to reach an agreeable settlement with Barclays, I have so far been unsuccessful. I have made numerous attempts to enter into meaningful dialogue with the Bank who continue to refuse to negotiate. Whilst I have received an offer of partial settlement as a gesture of goodwill, there has been no admittance of liability or any offers of the full amount outstanding.

Further, I understand that there are many similar cases, litigating on the same issue of contractual penalties. However the Court may be unaware that not one of these has so far gone to a hearing. Whilst the Banks are filing defences, they are regularly settling pre-hearing. In many other cases, the defendant Banks are even receiving default judgements against them which are being set aside on application by the Bank and which are subsequently being settled prior to a Court hearing. In two cases, the Court has even ordered standard disclosure against the defendant Banks but those Banks have gone on to settle rather than reveal the details of its contractual penalties. I believe that I will not reach an adequate agreement with Barclays relating to this case until a date for a hearing is announced.

Also, every one of the cases settled so far has presented an opportunity to settle the common issue of contractual penalties. Despite their massive resources and access to high level expertise the defendants have declined to allow the issue to be decided. By agreeing to remove the stay and ordering a Court date, my case would also present another opportunity for the question to be definitively settled as should the defendants lose, they have the resources to continue the matter through the appeals process and through the Court hierarchy.

In the alternativeif the Court decides not to accede to my request to remove the stay I respectfully request that the court issues the following injunctions:

• That the defendant bank is prevented from applying further penalty charges to my account until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant is prevented from applying interest charges to any outstanding amounts which are comprised of penalties until the settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant is prevented from closing my account.
  • That the defendant is prevented from making any entry on its own systems or from communicating any similar information to any third party about any matter insofar as it relates to penalty charges until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant remove any derogatory entry on its own records insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data Protection Act 199:cool:.
  • That the defendant arranges the removal of entries from the records of any third parties to whom it has previously communicated information insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data protection Act 199:cool:.
  • That these injunctions remain in place until the settlement of my claim.
  • That should my claim proceed to a hearing that a decision should be made at the hearing as to whether these injunctions should be made permanent.
  • That if the matter should not proceed to a hearing because the defendant decides to settle outside court, that these injunctions should become permanent.

Thank you for taking the time to consider the above requests and I look forward to hearing from the Court in due course.

Winston Churchill

For what reason. Not Elliott v Lloyds I hope

This is an argument for us all issuing in a single court.

Use the site application for lifting the stay which has I beleive already been successfull in another members case

I too had the same order made by DJ Hendicott on 9th August. I have telephoned the County Court today and they have told me that it's been stayed until a "test-case" in London has been decided. They couldn't (or wouldn't) give me any other details other than a phone number for what turned out to be the Central London County Court - who couldn't tell me anything without the case number or details of the parties for the test case! Will try Cardiff County Court again - but this story does not quite tally with what Mum v Lloyds thread said. I'm confused - do I sit and wait or try to get the stay overturned?

Purp 72

Tell them it's "Elliot vs. Lloyds TSB" and that the case has been settled out of court.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I'm waiting for a court date as well against Barclays.

Is there no way we could respectfully ask the judge to ensure that the case is still current? He would look a bit silly if he has ordered a stay pending a test case which has been settled out of court!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:-D

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I've not got the N1 in front of me, but I'm going to try "draw [their] attention to the fact that the Mercantile case has been settled"

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I too had the same order made by DJ Hendicott on 9th August. I have telephoned the County Court today and they have told me that it's been stayed until a "test-case" in London has been decided. They couldn't (or wouldn't) give me any other details other than a phone number for what turned out to be the Central London County Court - who couldn't tell me anything without the case number or details of the parties for the test case! Will try Cardiff County Court again - but this story does not quite tally with what Mum v Lloyds thread said. I'm confused - do I sit and wait or try to get the stay overturned?

Purp 72

Phone London again & tell them you understand its Elliot v Lloyds & if they tell you it is, point out that it's been settled by the bank prehearing. If they confrim they know this request written confirmation because your case has been mistakenly stayed by the judge

On the otherhand if they say it isn't then at least you will know its another test case & enquiries can be made.

I've now managed to obtain some further information from Cardiff County Court in relation to Welsh cases which have been "stayed generally". The case is Williams-v- Barclays Bank, which is a multi-track case (because the amount claimed is over £15,000?). I've been told that it is to be heard at Cardiff County Court by DJ Higginbottom but that no hearing date has been set yet. Anyone else have any additional information about this case?

While I can understand the rationale behind it administratively for the court system, it's extremely frustrating to have been placed in "limbo" like this. I'm only claiming a relatively small amount (approx. £300) but I can't see DLA (Abbey's solicitors) working to settle (I've already had 50% offer) while the case is held up like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Purp72

Hi purp72- I was in a similar position to you, in that my claim against Morgan Stanley had a General Form of Judgement or Order placed upon it by the District Judge. The Order stated that the action be stayed until further order on the basis that there is likely to be a test case to be heard before the Designated Judge for Southend County Court before the end of the year. Therefore I submitted a County Court N244 Apllication Notice to my County Court. I used Bankfodders template, and requested " I Angry Cat intend to apply for an order that The Stay of my case ordered by the District Judge (name) on 8 August 2006 be set aside because, I have explained the reasons for this Application in my Part C statement".....and then I used the wonderful wording that Bankfodder has provided on the forum....I hope that this information will assist you. My County Court accepted the Application Notice. Good Luck Angry Cat

I recieved a stay from Gloucester CC but there is no mention of any cases, it just says about a possible test case... this is what I recieved...

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The action be stayed until 21st October 2006 or further Order on the basis that there is likely to be a test case before a Higher Court before the end of the year the result of which is likely to reduce the need and/or amount of litigation in these type of cases:the stay will afford the parties an oppurtunity to try and settle the matter without a court hearing.

2. Liberty to apply to remove the stay

3. File to be referred back to the District Judge by 22nd October 2006.

4. This order was made on the District Judge's own initiative pursuant to CPR Part 23.8. If you object to the terms of the order you must make an application to the court to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of recieving it pursuant to CPR Part 23.10

I want to send this letter to the court, it is the letter that paulwlton sent on the previous page, hope he doesn't mind, I have edited it a little as obviously mine doesn't mention a specific case.... Do you think that this is ok to send?

I respectfully request that these stays be removed for the following reasons.

Firstly, you have not reffered to any cases actually awaiting hearing before a higher court.

Secondly, whilst I will continue to attempt to reach an agreeable settlement with National Westminster Bank PLC, I have so far been unsuccessful. I have made numerous attempts to enter into meaningful dialogue with the Bank who continue to refuse to negotiate. Whilst I have received an offer of partial settlement as a gesture of goodwill, there has been no admittance of liability or any offers of the full amount outstanding.

Further, I understand that there are many similar cases, litigating on the same issue of contractual penalties. However the Court may be unaware that not one of these has so far gone to a hearing. Whilst the Banks are filing defences, they are regularly settling pre-hearing. In many other cases, the defendant Banks are even receiving default judgements against them which are being set aside on application by the Bank and which are subsequently being settled prior to a Court hearing. In two cases, the Court has even ordered standard disclosure against the defendant Banks but those Banks have gone on to settle rather than reveal the details of its contractual penalties. I believe that I will not reach an adequate agreement with National Westminster Bank PLC relating to this case until a date for a hearing is announced.

Also, every one of the cases settled so far has presented an opportunity to settle the common issue of contractual penalties. Despite their massive resources and access to high level expertise the defendants have declined to allow the issue to be decided. By agreeing to remove the stay and ordering a Court date, my case would also present another opportunity for the question to be definitively settled as should the defendants lose, they have the resources to continue the matter through the appeals process and through the Court hierarchy.

In the alternative if the Court decides not to accede to my request to remove the stay I respectfully request that the court issues the following injunctions:

• That the defendant bank is prevented from applying further penalty charges to my account until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant is prevented from applying interest charges to any outstanding amounts which are comprised of penalties until the settlement of the matter
  • That the defendant is prevented from closing my account
  • That the defendant is prevented from making any entry on its own systems or from communicating any similar information to any third party about any matter insofar as it relates to penalty charges until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant remove any derogatory entry on its own records insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data Protection Act 1998 )
  • That the defendant arranges the removal of entries from the records of any third parties to whom it has previously communicated information insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data protection Act 1998. )
  • That these injunctions remain in place until the settlement of my claim
  • That should my claim proceed to a hearing that a decision should be made at the hearing as to whether these injunctions should be made permanent
  • That if the matter should not proceed to a hearing because the defendant decides to settle outside court, that these injunctions should become permanent.

Thank you for taking the time to consider the above requests and I look forward to hearing from the Court in due course.

Is that ok or do I need to change anything?

Thanks

Jamie

NatWest Adv Gold - Settled in FULL

Natwest Student - Settled in FULL

Smile - Settled in FULL

Lloyds TSB -Settled in FULL

Sorry I've just picked up this thread.

Just to let you know that the case was sent to the Disrict Judge from my local court. The amount being claimed is under £1000. As you can imagine I was more than slightly nervous to hear that the case had gone to multi track but after advice from BankFodder and ALOT of thinking I decided to go ahead.

I have now received a letter from Barclays this morning stating that they want to settle. Unfortunately the amount offered does not include the AQ court fee I paid. So I shall be requesting that this be added to my claim and if not I will see them in court.

Rather than just 'settled' would it not be better to write SETTLED IN FULL with or without the capitals!l. After all it would be perfectly possible for a settlement before the hearing to be for a lesser amount than that claimed and this is still a settled claim Any judge might well understand that there had been a negotiated settlement and the point is that there there was no negotiation in the cases you mention in your letter

Negotiation! This word has the commonly understood meaning of 'haggling'

The bank has made an offer so they have negotiated.

Your position is ( or should be) that you will accept nothing but your full claim. You therefore must NOT negotiate. If there were some doubt as to the justice of your full claim there might be a place for negotiation but the banks have shown repeatedly that they have no defence and pay up in full.

I feel that the third paragraph in your letter could be put differently otherwise the judge may give the bank time to negotiate further which is not what you want -ony the bank will benefit from that. Perhaps it would be better to leave it out entirely or replace it with a paragraph listing the bank's delaying tactics which will emphasise that a stay will only benefit them.

Hi FunkyJMan- Sending a letter to the Court is not sufficient!!! If you wish to request the stay be put aside, then it is important to follow the correct procedure. You will have to make an Application Notice using the Court form N244. A moderator will assist you. Twinkle, I agree that you should be re-imbursed with the cost of you AQ. Just keep going and they will cave in. Keep the faith:) Angry Cat

I would send the letter i posted requesting the stay be removed, in my case it was removed whithin a week of the court receiving it,

Winston Churchill

I am simply passing on to you, the excellant advice that was given to me by one of the BAG/CAG Administrators, namely Bankfodder. However, at the end of the day, it is your choice on how you decide to try to get the stay, put aside. Kind thoughts from Angry Cat:)

If something works then spread the word, it is then up to the individual to decide if it may work for him, the more options the better.

Winston Churchill