Jump to content

Alleycat

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

47 Excellent

About Alleycat

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 03/08/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. This topic was closed on 03/08/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  3. This topic was closed on 03/08/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  4. Okay, so I got a Notice of Allocation or Listing Hearing sent through by the courts. I had to attend last friday, which I did. Barclays also sent out a letter a couple of days after the Allocation Hearing letter, so I assume they must have received their copy and decided to try and stop it getting that far. They offered to settle the claim (almost) in full (minus some interest) which the usual confidentiality clause. I tried ringing Keith several times to discuss the offer and to get rid of the confidentiality clause but he did not ring back. Anyway, went to court and Barclays did not tur
  5. Well, I have left numerous messages for the great Jeremiah with no response whatsoever and have heard nothing further from the Courts. I just feel stuck in limbo now and it is frustrating. I decided to ring the courts and have just got off the phone. Unfortunately the guy who wrote to me from the Listings Section is currently in court, but I spoke to a colleague who is going to speak to him today. I have asked for them to email me as I am at work this afternoon, tomorrow and Friday. The stay pending further attempts at resolution is up as of tomorrow, but obviously there is still the stay
  6. Okay, so we can't actually PROVE that the amount of the charges is unlawful, we only have circumstantial evidence, therefore the bank is required to disclose how it has reached the figure it charges. Circumstantial evidence - the process of returning a d/d unpaid, exceeding o/d is an automated procedure. A computer system set up to manage many millions of barclays accounts. The cost of installing and maintaining a computer system would be spread over a huge number of transactions. - A one size fits all charge. How would it cost the bank the same amount whether you exceed your o/d by
  7. Right (rolls sleeves up!), lets see if we can think of what they might be after. Did they say if they wanted it in writing or not?
  8. Blimey, they're really giving you the run around! I thought that the basics covered in your original letter and what you said on the phone and an actual appearance in court would give you the chance to fully argue the point. Have they given you an ideas as to what exactly they want when you phoned them? Do they want you to try and break down the charges or are they after more legal gumf?
  9. Hey, at least you guys have got court dates! I'm still stuck in no mans land waiting to hear back from the judge as to whether this stay can be lifted. Anyway, good luck to all and hopefully a settlement will be forthcoming soon!
  10. Just a quick q, will respond properly later (dd wants something, not sure what!), does it definately say Ellis v Lloyds and not Elliot??
  11. I assume you are intending to accept if it is the full amount they are offering? Sounds like this is par for the course now. I've just replied to another Cap One thread where they have acknowledged, plus my OH's claim is in the process of being settled in full after the same dance as you have had. Well done!
  12. Hey, its normal! My OH has just received a letter from them offering full settlement with no liability. This was after they acknowledged and stated they were intending to defend the full claim, so hang on in there. Hopefully won't be too long!
  13. Hey, hey they've caved!!! This one has been a bit of a mare as I initially submitted the moneyclaim but got it wrong (duh!) so had to cancel it and start again. Didn't get round to it for about a month, so only resubmitted on 17th July. Anyhoo, they acknowledged and stated they would be defending for the full amount, so sat back and waited for their defence. They had up until *I think off the top of my head* the 18th August to do this, but got a nice surprise in the post this morning. They are basically offering 'as a gesture of goodwill' (ain't they lurverly!) to repay the full amou
  14. Yes, the Elliot case has been settled, however it does appear that at least some of the courts are trying to sort the matter out once and for all. My case was recently stayed pending the outcome of the Elliot case and to enable further attempts at settlement. I wrote to the judge and got a reply this week which appears to imply that another test case is on the cards. The letter advised that the district judge "is collating information as to other cases on this circuit which can be tied together and establish some uniformity of decision." So looks like there could well be another test case
  15. Thats why you need to support the Bulls instead of namby pamby football (says the Arsenal fan living in Bradford, I'll get me coat now!)!!
×
×
  • Create New...