Moorcroft 'upping' my monthly repayments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a letter from Moorcroft saying they are increasing my monthly repayment of £35 to £40. I pay by standing order so they cannot change the amount with the bank themselves but instead they have asked me to tell the bank to increase it. I am unemployed and it's difficult as it is to pay what I currently pay. But I do because my CCA request would appear to show I am liable. Otherwise I would probably contest it.

What should I write back to them saying? That my circumstances have not changed and to continue at the agreed amount?

Keep your SO as it is & write telling them your circumstances have not changed although due to the economic climate it may be likely in the near future that you will be reducing your payments to 'non priority' creditors such as them!

Agreed, in fact drop it by £5 for their cheek

yep, let the wonderful members on here look at the return of your CCA request, lets get it checked.

as for paying more, just standard blurb they send out to justify their existance!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My agreement appears to be valid yes as I had it examined by two people at the CAB. However it is a faxed copy from the original creditor to Moorcroft which was then forwarded to me. I wonder if I should still request to view the original.

definitely try to post it up here, with your personal details concealed and we will be able to tell you if its valid or not. The CAB are not always right.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Sorry our last posts crossed.

Did you ever find out more about the CCA that they sent you? I can't actually read it when I go to the link because its too small (might be my computer). But if you have any doubt you should ask for an actual photocopy and not a fax of the document and tell them that they have 12+2 days to send it to you or you will consider the account in dispute.

In the meantime, leave the standing order as it is if you are happy to pay it still.

Remember no signitures on letters, and post them recorded delivery

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Sorry our last posts crossed.

Did you ever find out more about the CCA that they sent you? I can't actually read it when I go to the link because its too small (might be my computer). But if you have any doubt you should ask for an actual photocopy and not a fax of the document and tell them that they have 12+2 days to send it to you or you will consider the account in dispute.

In the meantime, leave the standing order as it is if you are happy to pay it still.

Remember no signitures on letters, and post them recorded delivery

Thanks I will. If you wish to see the pages full sized you can follow these links.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3118/agreementpage1ng3.png

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/41/agreementpage2go3.png

Your browser may resize them so if it does then it should give you the option to zoom in. If not then save them to hard disk first and view in an image viewer.

The second page looks decidedly dodgy imo. I would send a letter asking for a proper photocopy of the agreement

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

From what I have been told the signature should be on the same page as the agreement. My guess is the signature is on the flipside of the agreement. Thus the reason there are two pages on the fax. If I ask for a true copy and they send me the same two pages (Only this time a photocopy not a fax) how do I know if it is a true copy? The signature would still not be on the actual agreement from my perspective.

The thing is though, that there is nothing to say that the signiture is on the reverse of the 1st page (as far as I can see~although I may be missing it). That second page could be from anything couldn't it?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

The thing is though, that there is nothing to say that the signiture is on the reverse of the 1st page (as far as I can see~although I may be missing it). That second page could be from anything couldn't it?

Indeed. In which case I think I have a valid reason to contest it. I will send a letter telling them I will continue to pay the same agreed amount and at the same time request that they send a true copy of the agreement. If they send the same two pages in a photocopy then I will have to consider whether it is worth contesting further. I shall seek advice here once I have that true copy of the agreement in my hands and scanned.