Overdraft Question

sammyl79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there

I am in the process of sending off the SAR as my statements only go back to 2004 (and my total charges already come to 2,020! Made me feel quite sick)

Anyway, I transferred all my DDs over to a new cahoot account in March this year and have kept my Smile account ticking over... I am in the Smile overdraft (460od out of 500)...

Do you think I should make repaying this overdraft back my priority before they get nasty?

Also do you think I should carry on with asking for the rest of the statements from Smile? 2,020 is already a big amount and I am very shocked already.

Thanks in advance

Sam

I am in the same position with my account althiugh, mine isn't a smile account but a priviage account with co-op. I owe them £152 whereas, they owe me £905 in charges. I have said they can pay me first and i will clear my od or they can deduct it from what they owe me. i would still go ahead with it.

my court claim was issued on the 17th July and i am yet to hear anything.

although they did send me a bar of chocolate on friday gone. Good luck to each and everyone of us!

Hi to you both.

Every case is different, and you never can tell what the banks will do, however Smile aren't too bad, and so far are playing fair.

I use my overdraft. I have claimed back money from Smile which is rightfully mine and there was no mention of paying back the overdraft.

I would go ahead with your claims.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My charges were refunded back into my account which cleared my overdraft.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Do you think I should make repaying this overdraft back my priority before they get nasty?

Well, everyone's claims are different and you don't know what they will do, however I would advise if you can to pay it off - that way they can't use it as a way of stalling/making you pay it make in one go.

You could however, make it a conditon of the settlement that they pay the OD amount into your account and the rest by cheque so you can cash it wherever. Or just ask for it all in your account.

Whatever you want really.

Also do you think I should carry on with asking for the rest of the statements from Smile? 2,020 is already a big amount and I am very shocked already.

Absolutely!! Claim for everything in the last 6 years. But, ultimately, it's your claim so that decision is up to you! :)

I'm currently claiming for 42.50 pounds from HSBC, which is now 600.00 beacuse I've had to take them to court. Also, I had 45 pounds on my credit card with them - sent them the prelim letter and they are sending me a cheque for that!!

If you don't want the extra 2 years worth, I'll have it! ;)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal