Lowell and Humpty Dumpty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks lowells u hacks AC off.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowells t/a The Leeds Losers hack lots of people off but then their stupidity leaves them wide open for legal action and Andy B and Jimmy C having to pay costs

Amen to that ! :D

[B]Nunquam redono spes Nunquam occulto evinco [/B] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"][B]HighFly - 1 Lowell - 0 £5200 SD set aside + costs won HighFly -1 Wescott - 0 £4200 S. barred, removed from files[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just gathering all my ammunition together...OOH, and there is a lot!

Interesting isn't it, Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd, commenced the processing of my data, the day after they sent out their CCA 2006 (fully implemented 01/10/2008) statement to me dated 05/07/09.

Whilst they are in breach of s78/85 and they had been advised that there is an long standing and unresolved dispute on the account.

Experian, clearly could not be bothered to ascertain as to whether the data was/is correct, they as a joint data controller just went merrily ahead, or should I say blindly and wantonly ahead and registered the inaccurate data.

Lowell, should not underestimate the intelligence of the general consumer!

AC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi AC,

I received my first letter from Lowells re: Egg yesterday, have read through your thread and i'm sure it will help a great deal during the exciting adventures with Mrs Barnard that surely await!

They also say they 'own' the debt - i thought Egg/Citi didn't flog them. Was there ever any clarity over whether they purchased your debt or were they just blowing hot air?

In regards to the processing of data by DCAs, I have an account in dispute with Marbles that was passed to everyone's favourite DCA - 1st Credit. Despite the dispute (they never provided a CCA, just an application form devoid of all terms required) they put a monthly 'late payment' marker on my credit file. I'm thinking that it's time for more of us to get involved with disputing these markers...

Cheers

D79

Hi AC,

I received my first letter from Lowells re: Egg yesterday, have read through your thread and i'm sure it will help a great deal during the exciting adventures with Mrs Barnard that surely await!

They also say they 'own' the debt - i thought Egg/Citi didn't flog them. Was there ever any clarity over whether they purchased your debt or were they just blowing hot air?

In regards to the processing of data by DCAs, I have an account in dispute with Marbles that was passed to everyone's favourite DCA - 1st Credit. Despite the dispute (they never provided a CCA, just an application form devoid of all terms required) they put a monthly 'late payment' marker on my credit file. I'm thinking that it's time for more of us to get involved with disputing these markers...

Cheers

D79

The idiots bought the debt and also gave me a letter of assignment! How unfortunate for them.

Hi AC,

Cheers

D79

Hi Danson!

You are right, EGG used not to sell their debts, seeming to prefer the heavy handed collection tactics employed by such firms as: DLC. However, when CitiBank bought EGG the tactics changed and many EGG accounts were flogged to firms such as Lowell.

Lowell alleged that they bought my account from Egg in October 2008, (the very month that the 'Unfair Relationship Test' was fully implemented into the CCA 2006!).

To date, Lowell have failed to provide to me documentary evidence providing proof that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt.

Note that, I did not ask them to send me a copy of the purported Notice of Assignment;

I asked for evidence providing proof that the alleged debt was legally assigned to Lowell.

The last letter that I received Lowell was 2 & 1/2 months ago and I am still waiting for the documents that I requested!?

With regards to the data that Lowell are processing about me, it is meaningless and could not be consider to reflect a true picture of my creditworthiness;

the data is innacurate as there is a long standing and 'Unresolved Dispute' associated with the Egg account.

Should one challenge the data?

Yes of course!

IMHO, the start point is to write to all three CRA's, challenging the incorrect data and then move on to the ICO with supporting evidence. It is unlikely, that any DCA will remove said data without the ICO giving them a PROD!

AC

Naughty, naughty Lowell, sending out a letter that purports to be from Egg.

But any fool can see that the letter did not eminate from Egg at all; I know what Egg letters look like, how they are set out;

Hmm, they also have the Derby correspondence address on them, this one was minus the Egg address.

It may be a potential criminal offence. See these links :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/214903-lowell-advice-needed.html#post2386793

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/210870-lowells-fools-2.html#post2375692

Hi Danson!

You are right, EGG used not to sell their debts, seeming to prefer the heavy handed collection tactics employed by such firms as: DLC. However, when CitiBank bought EGG the tactics changed and many EGG accounts were flogged to firms such as Lowell.

Lowell alleged that they bought my account from Egg in October 2008, (the very month that the 'Unfair Relationship Test' was fully implemented into the CCA 2006!).

To date, Lowell have failed to provide to me documentary evidence providing proof that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt.

Note that, I did not ask them to send me a copy of the purported Notice of Assignment;

I asked for evidence providing proof that the alleged debt was legally assigned to Lowell.

The last letter that I received Lowell was 2 & 1/2 months ago and I am still waiting for the documents that I requested!?

With regards to the data that Lowell are processing about me, it is meaningless and could not be consider to reflect a true picture of my creditworthiness;

the data is innacurate as there is a long standing and 'Unresolved Dispute' associated with the Egg account.

Should one challenge the data?

Yes of course!

IMHO, the start point is to write to all three CRA's, challenging the incorrect data and then move on to the ICO with supporting evidence. It is unlikely, that any DCA will remove said data without the ICO giving them a PROD!

AC

Hi AC,

My first port of call is a CCA request to Lowells. I have a copy of my Egg "agreement' from '02, so it is subject to the usual questionable prescribed term issues. It'll be interesting to see if Lowell have a copy. I can imagine that my time in their company will be much like yours, so i'll be watching your thread with great interest.

As for the CRAs, i'm wondering if it's worth sending a SAR? I'm sure they have a lot of paperwork!

I'll wait for Lowell to provide the 'agreement', before sending off for my £2 report (I don't believe in paying for information about myself! What a concept!)

Cheers,

D79

AC I am PMing u in regards to summing.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...
Received another letter from Lowells, usual guff!

CCA request will be in the post tomorrow...

Very good danson!

As for myself, I am still waiting patiently;

almost three months now since Lowell stated that, they were going to send me documentary evidence providing proof that the accout had been legally assigned?

AC

bloody hell thats a long postal strike AC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a really scary letter from Lowells, threatening a doorstop visit! I know they mean business because they used red ink!

Managed to squeeze it through my letterbox just before the postal strike, how well organised of them!

Tim to stop being lazy and fire of the CCA request I was talking about...

Just received a really scary letter from Lowells, threatening a doorstop visit! I know they mean business because they used red ink!

Managed to squeeze it through my letterbox just before the postal strike, how well organised of them!

Tim to stop being lazy and fire of the CCA request I was talking about...

Red means danger to all animals, humans included. They've succeeded in scaring you. Well, don't be scared! Write to them stating that they are only welcome at your home if you invite them. Here's a guide for you which i used in the past:-

' As to home visits, please do note that under OFT rules you can only visit me at this address if you are invited. Neither you nor your colleagues nor any agent operating on behalf of XXXX Ltd is welcome at this address and you should take note that I revoke any license under Common Law for you or any your representatives to visit me at my property and if you attempt to send such a collector/agent to my home.'

Tell them straight you mean business and show that you are not scared of them. They are snivelling cowards, these people, and like school bullies they feed off fear. I doubt very much they'll turn up but if they do call the cops. show them your letter ( as above) and tell the police you want them removed from the premises, even if it's a common stair and tell the Lowells that you'll have them for harassment. You might want to have look at the protection from Harassment Act 1997; there are a few sections in there that you can fire off at them:-

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

Show that you're in control, that you are aware of point of law (which most of these balloons won't be) and the'll back of a bit and kick their heels like a blushing schoolgirl!

Hi Fly,

Don't worry, I was joking about the 'meaning business' part. I was about to say i've dealt with far worse than Lowells, but that's not strictly true, as they're all the same bunch of simple organisms, really!

Cheers,

I got one from another bunch of clowns with 'pre-court division' in red ink; I asked them if it made them feel important having a bit of red in their letters. Funny, I don't hear from them, any more.

Perhaps Lowells are reading this? Coo-ee, Lowells!!

I often wonder how much these dolts learn from snooping on this site. Can you imagine the despondency when a DCA minion has to leave off the telephone and go swot up on all of CCA, the Protection from Harassment Act, OFT and OFCOM regs and have to keep up with his quota of threats??

Dolts.