Excel Parking George St Wakefield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just ignore ,ignore ignore,, you wil however recieve junk mail from excel, graham white solicitors and roxburghe debt collectors,(all posted by the same layabout),just use all as spare loo paper, despite all their threats nothing will/can be done,, they will threaten court but they wont go there as they know they will lose,, relax,feet up,, you are not a criminal, you have recieved an invoice requesting money not a fine, unenforceable by law,,ignore everything, mail and any phone calls if you are unlucky enough to get any,,do not under any circumstances worry.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Niclou76 - I think this is the voice in the dark you are listening for.

This happened to me, nearly two years ago in the same car park - George Street in Wakey.

I unfortunately but like most, replied before looking further on places like this and started the appeal process. What I would do is everyone says - just ignore or if you want a safety cusion - ask trading standards in wakefield, they are aware of Excel Parking. They have to toe the line about sanctions for illegal practices - but overstaying a ticket, what have you done ? used up a space they could have sold to a paying customer for an hour ? anyone who knows Wakey and George Street must see the number of users dropping month by month. There's now a sign saying park all day for £5 - time will soon be up on that patch of land I think.

If you're interested and have time - why not put an FOI into the DVLA asking for the number of requests made by Excel so far this year - you may see the size of the industry that is in place.

In 2009 similar requests brought back very high figures - maybe it's time trading standards should review if they find Renshaw-Smith's business model a little different to what he was portrayed in the wakefield press - something about abbassodors of parking.

You'll get the set I'm sure .. two excel, two Graham White (aka Michael Sobell) and then one from Roxburgh that seems the usual practice.

some of the letters do get a bit frightening - which is good, because this is against the DPA clause that Excel use to get your details from the DVLA - they use a clause around detecting a crime, but are no allowed to use that information for any form of harrassment.

• 1 year later...

It's now Nov 2012 and I've not heard anything from Excel, roxburgh or mr white (graham sobil) the solictor in well over a year so I got my 1st letter Dec 2009 now three years on, nothing came of it.

no change my side - on Excel parking, I now see all the constant bombarding of the DVLA with FOI's and other citizens comaplaining to their BPA complaints section - Excel and few others have been banned from the DVLA database - short as it might be, it's a win for us all. Nicely timed too - wouldn't it be ironic if they can't send those letters out because they can't trace the car owners and it led to Excel being underfunded and it's employees all being laid off, put on short time and having wage reductions. Then having to spend their christmas scared of receiving final demands and solicitors letters from the utility companies ...

now that would be too much to ask Santa for wouldn't it.

It's now Nov 2012 and I've not heard anything from Excel, roxburgh or mr white (graham sobil) the solictor in well over a year so I got my 1st letter Dec 2009 now three years on, nothing came of it.

no change my side - on Excel parking, I now see all the constant bombarding of the DVLA with FOI's and other citizens comaplaining to their BPA complaints section - Excel and few others have been banned from the DVLA database - short as it might be, it's a win for us all. Nicely timed too - wouldn't it be ironic if they can't send those letters out because they can't trace the car owners and it led to Excel being underfunded and it's employees all being laid off, put on short time and having wage reductions. Then having to spend their christmas scared of receiving final demands and solicitors letters from the utility companies ...

now that would be too much to ask Santa for wouldn't it.

The problem is they are just employees. The real enemy (who makes all the money - Excel do not pay huge wages) is the boss who pays himself huge sums. Still they won't be making much for the three months they are barred from accessing the DVLA database.

I'd go and park and see if you get another now you know their threats are meaningless. And if you get a letter from them report them to the DVLA - they shouldn't be able to find out who the registered keeper is. And tell ALL your friends...:-)

In that case I feel really sorry for the employees that legitmately go about their companies business and have no idea the misery and upset they cause with their cloned official looking documentation - but aren't most on a bonus scheme ? where do they think that money comes from.

in my eyes I tar all Excel employees with the same brush - stories I've read from comlainants about hiding behind cars, bin liners over ticket machines, lost appeals .. nah it happens at all levels of that company, you've got a good heart mate - but I think it this case in my opinion it's a little over forgiving on this occasion.

I don't forget easily that stress and upset they caused me, at a time I could have done without it, and I had a legit ticket too

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Tell all your friends that Excel cannot send out speculative invoices for three months - and if they get one from an Excel to post it on one of the message forums. But most imprtant tell all your friends that these invoices are unenforceable. That;s the way to get them. Spoil their business model.

• 8 months later...

I'll post this on a couple of threads I've contributed to before to get maximum exposure for people looking for evidence of Excel being able to do nothing.

It's now Aug 2013 and I got my ticket at Wakefiled from Excel in Dec 2009 - I've had all the blurb, the three Excel parking letters, the Sobel letters and the Debt collector agency letters - and after all this time I've not parted with a penny. Plenty of time spent complaining to the ICO and the DVLA with FOI requests about this companies operations - so much so, I think they're still currently banned from the DVLA database.

Here's living proof if you need it - I got one, three years plus - and nadda from them !

Cowardly bully boys the lot of them.

• 1 year later...

I fell foul of Excel Parking at George Street, Wakefield in March 2010. They chased me saying I didn't purchase a ticket - I DID - and subsequently sent me a collection of letters demanding payment even though I contacted them and explained that a ticket had been purchased. After reading all the messages on this forum I ignored all their demands, kept and dated all the letters they sent me, and after six months or so they went away. However, I have just received a letter - four and a half years later - from Rossendales Collect demanding payment.

I've been on the internet and researched Rossendales and they seem a legit company, unlike the other companies that Excel have used in the past. I have 7 days to pay £150 for a 60p parking ticket. Can anyone advise me on the best course of action? Thanks in advance.

I fell foul of Excel Parking at George Street, Wakefield in March 2010. They chased me saying I didn't purchase a ticket - I DID - and subsequently sent me a collection of letters demanding payment even though I contacted them and explained that a ticket had been purchased. After reading all the messages on this forum I ignored all their demands, kept and dated all the letters they sent me, and after six months or so they went away. However, I have just received a letter - four and a half years later - from Rossendales Collect demanding payment.

I've been on the internet and researched Rossendales and they seem a legit company, unlike the other companies that Excel have used in the past. I have 7 days to pay £150 for a 60p parking ticket. Can anyone advise me on the best course of action? Thanks in advance.

Refer them to- Arkell vs Pressdram...

I've looked up the case you suggested, armadillo 71, and all things considered it would probably take less time to write the response than it would to cite the case reference. However it did make me smile. Many thanks for your input. :)

I've looked up the case you suggested, armadillo 71, and all things considered it would probably take less time to write the response than it would to cite the case reference. However it did make me smile. Many thanks for your input. :)

:biggrin:

Rossendales must have issued hundreds of these letters in the last few days.

All the original PPC invoices seem to be before Oct 2012, meaning that only the driver can be held liable.

These debt collectors have no power to do anything. Ignore them. There'll probably be one more to come.

Do not ignore anything from excel. Report back here...