Personal Data disclosure by Marstons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome, AZZAHS.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get the help you require.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi. I received an email today addressed to probably in excess of 100 email addresses. I will post the main text of the email below. But briefly i think it is in connection with a pay day loan I took out at the end of last year. although a direct debit was set up they never started taking payments, several months later I started getting threatening emails/letters/texts phone calls. A couple of months ago I sent a letter to one of the debt recovery letters I had received asking for the authority that they had been given to take on the recovery. And then today I receive the following text:FINAL NOTICE BEFORE ENFORCEMENT Defaulted Loan Agreement - Same Day Cash / Wonga.com We are instructed by the above named companies regarding your defaulted loan agreement. As you area aware, under the terms of your loan agreement, payment was to be made within a specified timescale. As you have failed top keep to the agreement, the case has been passed to ourselves for recovery and enforcement. TAKE NOTE: That unless we hear from you by return of email, one of our enforcement officers will attend your address in relation to the outstanding debt. The purpose of the attendance will be to recover the outstanding balance of the loan, and to assess your property and assets, with a view to obtaining a warrant of execution to seize assets to cover the debt. To prevent further action you need to reply to this email, with confirmation of your name and address, together with a contact telephone number, and a member of the enforcement team will contact you to discuss the outstanding matter. Failure to respond will result an attendance by an enforcement officer and may incur additional costs, for which you will be liable. Additional enforcement action may include, applications for bankruptcy, charging orders, attachment of earnings order and order to attend court for oral examination. You may only make contact by reply to this email within the next seven days. After this time, the case will progress through to the next stage of enforcement action. Yours sincerely Enforcement Recovery SectionMarston Group Limited

Report the email to Trading Standards and BBC Watchdog, it is breaking data protection big time and consumer credit laws, and debt collection guidelines. I got the same email.

The bit which says they can go for bankruptcy etc is actually twaddle, the 'oral hearing' bit usually comes first and is their way of saying 'we will go for a CCJ'. Should it go to court a Judge will throw the book at them for this email, and for their 'charges' and for their interest rates.

This debt is for a paydayloan company in most cases and they tend to operate 'outside the regulations' but can be stopped. I've got this debt covered by a DMP but apart from them sending a letter saying Meritforce are calling and now Marstons they haven't called me since September when I was informed it would be 'fast tracked to a bailiff'. 'Not without a court order' was my reply... I just ended the call and didn't answer when they rang back three times that day.

The people they send round ARENT bailiffs, they are doorstep debt collectors who are only trying to see if you 'live beyond your means' and they cannot 'assist the bailiffs in collecting the debt' as Marstons infer.

I would take this to our local police station but they are useless when it comes to bailiffs - they don't know the difference between these doorstep collectors and certified court bailiffs collecting on court orders.

I think a mod should send this to Tomtubby, I've sent my copy of the email to one of the Mods for advice as they have various contacts who might stop this lot.

To send an email like that 'blanket' style was the complete giveaway to me. I couldn't believe it when it arrived... wonder what the moron who sent it will be getting for Xmas - other than their P45!

Please report this asap to Trading Standards, OFT, Watchdog and the police - Marstons have very little legal powers UNTIL it goes to court.

They can also only make you bankrupt if the debt is £750 or more. In my case it isn't near that amount so again a breach of debt collection guidelines.

Hello i have had the exact same email (i have posted in the same thread area)

Ok i have already emailed watchdog, FSO and OFT with this email. I have then emailed this company back stating they are in major breach of trading regulations, stated i had emailed the entire email to the above named authorties and that they would be in touch with this company in due course! I also advised them to stop contacting me whilst acting under such a breach.

I am now going to call my DMP and ask them if they have been contacted by a group called Marston Recovery the last i heard was the original company was still handling the debt, but i had decreased my monthly payplan amount so maybe they didnt like this and have sold this on?

Will keep you posted.

Wow! :eek:

The Marston Group are really taking the proverbial.

Cant we all complain to the oft? Maybe if enough e-mails reach them, they may look at reigning them in?

Just a thought

Fwog

I have already email OFT as i did with Credit Resource solutions (i have just discovered that CRS have sent the debt to Marston, although my DMP provider as not heard from them yet, i have now contacted CRS checking the authority of the Marston email) anyway i actually contacted OFT about text messages from CRS and told CRS what i had done, i then heard nothing from them after this. I am hopping the same result from Marstons.

Would be good to see who else picks up on the forum about this email.

But yes everyone who has had please contact the authorities.

I mean who sent the email, was it some error from someone in admin, to send something to 100's of people is well below the belt!

We understand that Marstons have sent out a final enforcement notice to several hundreds of people and have disclosed email details to all of them.

If you are affected, please feel free to talk about it and discuss what action to take here.

I got the email, and the next one with two clearly suspect documents, one supposedly from Wonga giving Marstons authority to visit me (how come they think they can do this is beyond me....) and another one giving Marstons authority to look into my affairs and check my assets (I haven't got any, only my brain....)

The emails are a complete contravention of the Data Protection Act, and as I am in a DMP and this debt is covered it contravenes the OFT guidelines on debt collection and the Administration of Justice Act.

Please can anyone who's had an email from Marstons join this link and we can protest loudly and longly at the authorities. I will even go to Westminster council about them as they are registered there... surely they don't want '****' operating in their 'flagship' borough.

I have sent out notification of this thread to all the recipients of Martson's email. About 660 addresses

i to have recieved this email from the marsdon group, also recieved the two other emails with regards to wonga giving permission to "price up my assets". Also have been in contact with wonga today with regards to there interest charges, will be contacting the office of fair trading.

You should also make a very serious complaint to the Information Commisioner

I have received it also, can they do this?

NO THEY CANNOT DO THIS

If you got the second email take the attachments to your local Trading Standards, neither so called 'assignment' has any of the correct prescribed information on, nor is it dated, nor is there any indication of what you need to do to rectify the 'default'.

They CANNOT send people round to 'price your assets' prior to a court order, and they can only get a court order if you do not challenge them - it is fairly straightforward to challenge the entire amount (as it containes punitive interest) and not have to pay a fee.

They are in serious breach of the data protection act, debt collecting guidelines and Trading Standards guidelines with their emails.

Please complain to the relevant authorities and also BBC - Watchdog

I would suggest that recipient of Martson's email, contact other reipients of it and suggest that they come to this forum or at least take some other concerted action.

We have sent them all one email but I don't think that we should send them any more as we will be seen as spammers.

Hi everyone.

I also received the email, both of them, i realised straight away that they had messed up big time in including all those email addresses how dare they.

I have complained to trading standards about this company a few months ago. I had a telephone call from them a rude woman was shouting me down and said very expressedly that wonga.com solicitors had advised that they have a right to send bailiffs to my address and seize mine and my familys goods, she was adamant. I complained and received an email and had coversations with her manager at quickbridge which is the company behind wonga.com, i have an email to apologise for what was said. I reported to trading standards who said they would investigate although i never heard back, they said if they had done it before they would have a quiet word but if they had done it before more serious acton could be taken.

This company is the worst i have ever dealt with, i owe them £719 for a loan of £300, they have refused cheques from payplan and are the only creditor not to accept. My sister took a loan of £300 for the same amount of time as me and her balance is only £430, how this can be is totally beyond me. If anyone could help answer how that could happen could you post for me, thanks.

I will be reporting the email i received to all who need to know.