Anyone lives in or near Guildford who could do me a favour?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm trying to get hold of some polyester dye, and there's a craft shop in Guildford which stocks it, but their delivery charge is extortionate when it's 2 small packs which would fit in a normal envelope.

Anyone local who would be happy to pick the stuff up and I'll send them a SAE to send them on to me?

Pleeeease? :-)

Ooh, you're an angel. :-D

I'll phone them tomorrow to check they have the right colour and pay for it over the phone, and I'll send you an SAE if you'll let me have your address by PM.

Thank you very, very much. :-)

Theres a shop in Lewes who do everything so coul get it from there if they stock

BUT ny son and Hubby have art gallery if you give me details I will try to track it down

bona

In Portswood (a suburb of Southampton) is a very old fashioned hardware store that stocks everything from a dog bone to a crimp terminal. I know they sell dyes because I have seen them, if you ring or E them, and they have it in stock, I could pick up for you Saturday:

store:[email protected] (02380551655)

Yeah., they're the ones who took the whole order and sent part of it with a note saying "out of stock"... It tokk an e-mail yesterday (2 weeks after I got the order) saying: "how much longer do I have to wait?" for them to reply "it could be a few more weeks as they come from the US, is there another colour we could send?" Er, NO. :mad: If I have ordered purple and blue, it's because the project needs purple and blue, strangely enough!!! :mad: NOT impressed, if I had known they couldn't supply everything, then I would have placed the whole order elsewhere, thereby only incurring only one delivery charge! This is what led to my call for help from the locals in Guildford. And thank you for the responses to everyone. :-)

Oh, and in case anyone really really wonders what I need the dye for (I know there's some seriously nosey parkers out there! :razz:), it's to dye 2 wedding dresses as the basis for our costumes when DD and I go to Venice Carnival in February 09. :-D

Oh, and in case anyone really really wonders what I need the dye for (I know there's some seriously nosey parkers out there! tongue.gif),

I was wondering but didn't like to ask :p

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I'm trying to get hold of some polyester dye, and there's a craft shop in Guildford which stocks it, but their delivery charge is extortionate when it's 2 small packs which would fit in a normal envelope.

Anyone local who would be happy to pick the stuff up and I'll send them a SAE to send them on to me?

Pleeeease? :-)

Hi Bookworm

There is a good Hobby Stockists probably nearer to you.

Have you tried

Hobby's Ltd

Knights Hill Square

London

SE27 0HH

Phone 0208 761 4244

These may help you out.

Gaz

Thanks, but I'll be making the masks myself, and if not, surprisingly enough, you can get a huge choice in Venice!!! :-D

There's a costume shop in Clapham which has some lovely stuff too, actually, but because I'll be making the matching cloaks and hats and veils etc, I'm better off getting plain masks to customise.

Thanks anyway. :-)

Bookie, Dylon do very good dyes you can use in the washing machine, just get a big bag of dishwasher salt and put the same quantity of that in as dye, and a shot of white vinegar and wash in a normal cycle. Do a clear cycle afterwards to make sure there is no dye left. Guaranteed permanent and guaranteed even coverage... I've used both the nylon and cotton dyes from them.

Bookie, Dylon do very good dyes you can use in the washing machine, just get a big bag of dishwasher salt and put the same quantity of that in as dye, and a shot of white vinegar and wash in a normal cycle. Do a clear cycle afterwards to make sure there is no dye left. Guaranteed permanent and guaranteed even coverage... I've used both the nylon and cotton dyes from them.
No, Dylon can't be used on this material, that's the first thing I checked!

Empowered, thank you very very much, arrived safely today, you are an absolute gem! BlowKiss2_BEZZ6Z.gif