OH HSBC credit card debt

benjibutton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK benji,

We need to put together a formal disputeb letter to sort out Freds, this I can do but need info:

1. Name of the card issuer.#

2. The DCAs that have chased it.

3. Have any allged ''agreements'' been supplied?

4. Default Date

5. Date of last payment.

6. Do Lowell show as owners of the debt on credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Excuse my chipping in, Benji, I see you've heeded advice to respond to Fredrickson's threat and I respect your choice. However, I'm extremely concerned to see suggestions which may prompt DCAs to feel that by merely sticking LBA on a letter, CAG users can be drawn into letter tennis.

The letter quoted is the second of a standard chain of four.

Had you ignored it you would have received next another LBA, this time on Carter letterhead and finally a discount letter from Fred's. Then it goes back to the originator - Lowell in this case.

I present this info just for others viewing who may receive the same tripe. As I said, I am not attempting to deflect you Benji from your chosen path and I understand your position, so good luck to you. I am just averse to giving these dogs bones to enjoy.

Oleg. No one is giving any thing to Freds in this situation, it has become clear that these DCAs are becoming more and more litigious particulary Lowells who are involved here, your scenario is may occasionally occur but is not definite.

Lowells will take action themselves or get an assignee to do it for them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone OH has a completely unenforceable debt orinally with a bank for CC, been though the hands of 14 different DCAs' and keeps getting passed on. For the last 2 years lowlife keep passing it around their tame underlings - now going round for second time.My question is should I bother to reply with prove it type letters and serious dispute go aways ( which costs me postage) or just ignore or report to OFT for harrassment?

Thank You

Hi

approx 5 + years ago. I know that lowlifes are powerless because they would have acted by now,and that pass round will increase the nearer it gets to being S.B

but don't want to rock any boats Just wondered Cheers benji

How do you know that it is totally unenforceable ?

I am assuming that it is now with Lowells, so you need to be aware that Lowells are issuing statutory demands like confetti at the present time . They do not seem at all concerned that many of them are being set aside.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What stage are Lowell at with this now, Hamptons, Red or Lowell Financial?

Hi Benji,

When is this going to SB, as citizen B has said Lowell throwing SDs around on relatively small debt.

... so you need to be aware that Lowells are issuing statutory demands like confetti at the present time . They do not seem at all concerned that many of them are being set aside.

How much does it cost a company like Lowells to issue a SD?

Is there a cost in getting it set aside?

If it is set aside can one claim any compensation for it being issued in the first place?

A SD has no court fee attached to it, I could write one now and given that it contains all the relevant details it is legal.

There is a cost of £45.00 if a hearing is not required (uncontested set aside) or £80 .00 if a hearing is needed, fees are

paid up front.

A SD has no court fee attached to it, I could write one now and given that it contains all the relevant details it is legal.

There is a cost of £45.00 if a hearing is not required (uncontested set aside) or £80 .00 if a hearing is needed, fees are

paid up front.

Thank you Brig, I presume the fees are paid by the writer of the SD.

Do we have any stats on what percentage of contested SDs Lowells or any of the other scumbags continue to press to court?

The recipient of the SD pays for the set aside up front, the issue of a Stat demand may have cost for the claimant eg process servers fees.

The majority of the Lowell SDs we have seen on CAG have been successfully been challenged I have dealt with some recently elsewhere that have also been set aside.

So if this procedure costs the Debt owner nothing and automatically costs the debtor £45/£80 to contest why do all of them not do this it seems like a stick to beat all debtors with that costs nothing.

Seems extremely unfair that it cost them nothing but the debtor has to pay to defend. As I presume the debtor is in the smelly stuff if the SD is uncontested?