Barclaycard Cca Received! - Claim now issued ***SETTLED***

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you lift a stay? Can you ask the court to lift it and throw it out?

I think it highly unlikely a court would strike out a claim so soon after staying. I believe you would have to make an application on form N244 and possibly pay a fee !

You might want to wait a while and see what happens. If it is still stayed after Christmas, then you could possibly think about it.

Track down andyorch and see what his thoughts are :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A stay applied in these circumstances is unlikely to be lifted without a very good reason - the whole legal system is based on parties playing by the rules, so a Claimant bringing a claim, having a defence entered by a Defendant, then a stay applied because the Claimant is out of time, is unlikely to get any sympathies from the Court.

You wouldn't want a stay lifted, as you're effectively doing the Claimant's job for them if you did.

When was the Defence submitted, exactly? If a stay is applied, you should get a notice from the Court.

car, Northampton dont always advise a stay has been imposed :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

car, Northampton dont always advise a stay has been imposed :(

Ah. Cost cutting... :lol:

If tosh can say when the defence was submitted, we can work the dates out and he can call them to check the status :thumb:

I receieved a letter from Northampton Court yesterday saying that the discrict court has deffered my application and has commented as follows - defendent must file an amended application specifing information sought and evidence that claiment has not complied with previous requests.

Any ideas!

• 2 months later...

OK just an update.

I have recieved a letter from Court telling me that they have deffered my case closer to home and I have recieved a statements from the goons at CL.

Do these things actully go to court?

Hi Tosh,

I assume the Northants BCC is referring your case to your local county court.

What statements have you received from CL.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Is there anything new or interesting in what they've sent you now.

Otherwise, just wait to be contacted by your local court as a judge should review the case and decide how best to proceed.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I don't believe that they have sent all the documents. I've got around 3 years worth of statements missing. The info that they have sent, I don't think is all there. I have letters from them that they have not sent in the cpr request. There is also no sign of a default notice.

Edited by tosh1

From the CCA:

s.87 - Need for default notice

(1)
Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,
(a)
to terminate the agreement, or

(b)
to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

©
to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d)
to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e)
to enforce any security.

(2)
Subsection (1) does not prevent the creditor from treating the right to draw upon any credit as restricted or deferred, and taking such steps as may be necessary to make the restriction or deferment effective.

(3)
The doing of an act by which a floating charge becomes fixed is not enforcement of a security.

(4)
Regulations may provide that subsection (1) is not to apply to agreements described by the regulations.

s.88 - Contents and effect of default notice

(1)
The default notice must be in the prescribed form and specify
(a)
the nature of the alleged breach;

(b)
if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date before which that action is to be taken;

©
if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach, and the date before which it is to be paid.

(2)
A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than seven days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those seven days have elapsed.

(3)
The default notice must not treat as a breach failure to comply with a provision of the agreement which becomes operative only on breach of some other provision, but if the breach of that other provision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded under subsection (1) is not duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under subsection (1)) if the seven days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the creditor or owner may treat the failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to it.

(4) The default notice must contain information in the prescribed terms about the consequences of failure to comply with it.

(5) A default notice making a requirement under subsection (1) may include a provision for the taking of action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) at any time after the restriction imposed by subsection (2) will cease, together with a statement that the provision will be ineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the compensation duly paid.

Is this case still stayed? If so it must be a while now.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can I just check tosh. Is it the original creditor taking you to court?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No it's Howard C

Howard Cohen is the solicitor.. I think it is CL Finance who are the claimant.. yes ?

Although this was originally a B/shark account wasnt it ?

BCOBS

Bear with me while I ask questions. Just trying to refresh myself.

What track has this been allocated to?

Also have you ever acknowledged the debt with CL or paid them anything?

Edited by caro

Did you ever get a deed of assignment from them?

Is the claim more or less than £5k.

You should have had something from the court saying which track it is, possibly when you got the court date, so I think the chances are that it's fast track which would leave you open to costs.

Any idea how much of that is charges or if there was PPI.