• Tweets

• There are 10 pages, and the other 9 are standard. E.g. ask me whether plea or not, my information etc. I would like to send another begging letter, but there’s no email address of the prosecutor.😭
    • correct thats all they are duty bound to supply. what else were you expecting it to provide? dx    
    • you seriously need to read up here then you'd know these answers. and TBH you are panicking about a nothing burger. the process they must follow is: send a letter of claim. ASK northants bulk to raise a court claim. IF IF IF you lose and a judgement CCJ is granted, THEN they have 6yrs to enforce said judgement, but ofcourse this is a debt regulated by the consumer credit act so there is NO right of forced entry even if they do return to court within 6yrs from judgement and again ASK the court to send bailiffs out. as for statute barring, the 6yrs SB starts ticking from the issuance date of the default notice+14 days or from the date of YOUR last payment/use of the credit...whichever is the LATER. the issuance of a court claim (regardless to if it progresses anywhere) stops the SB clock.
    • sorry but we need the full n244, their witness statement and ALL exhibits to one mass PDF please to properly advise. we do not need statements or blank forms or info leaflets. if Kearns have sent you their N180 then.... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file ................. if they've sent an N181 please advise here. dx      
    • you dont have to await the 50% time to come, she could VT today and you hand the car back and then only have the remaining sum to the 50% mark to pay going fwd. just stopping paying is not really a worthy way forward, as if if if they were to goto court and attain a return of goods order, then she would be liable to hand the car back and have to pay the full sum on the agreement, just like if she were to let them just repo the car now, under Voluntary Termination, both of which you need to avoid...so do a VT ASAP. if she wants to keep the car, then do a time order. as for advice on other sites, which you should not be refering too anyway, use CAG, they always fall toward finance co's getting their maximum buck.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Cca Received! - Claim now issued ***SETTLED***

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would simply say that the account has been terminated as of a certain date Tosh.. there isnt, I think a statutory format as there is with Default Notice :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I able to offer a f and f on this account, considering I have defective cca and a defective default notice as well as missing statements, and paperwork, charges?

Hi Tosh,

Any statements that are missing can be added to the list of info that you ask for on 25th.

See how the hearing goes.

Now is not the time to be making any offer. You need to see first what documents can be produced as those supplied so far appear to be inadequate.

I have just sent you a msg.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Tosh,

You already have a copy of this but it's only use is to show if PPI was applied for. I don't think the availability of the original is relevant to the proceedings.

The enforceability of the a/c should hinge on whether they can produce the credit agreement.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Actually I'm not sure it is Tosh. I think perhaps it's only needed if the debtor hasn't defaulted, so concentrate on the other items.

Take absolutely everything with you to court tomorrow. You can be sure that the one thing you don't take will be the one thing you need. Don't forget those stupid printouts.

There seems to be a big question over PPI, but until they give you the information you need you can't possibly know what you owe - if anything. :roll:

Very best of luck for tomorrow. Try not to worry and if there's anything you aren't clear about ask for it to be explained. The judge is there to decide the case, and also to make sure that there's fair play.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wishing you all the best for today, tosh.. please let us know how things went :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OK Just got back from court. That was extremly nerve racking. The judge figured out that this was my first time and I think he went easy.

He asked why I needed the statements back from 2003. I advised him that there may be PPI and default charges on there that I would like to claim back. The judge has ordered the clamient to produce the missing statements by the 24/02/12.

The termination notice is also the Default notice so the claiment does not need to supply these.

The claimant asked for costs and the Judge said no.

The judge also said that the CCA is valid. I pointed out that it's missing t and c and he mentioned that a previous case where that was ok.

OK Just got back from court. That was extremly nerve racking. The judge figured out that this was my first time and I think he went easy.

He asked why I needed the statements back from 2003. I advised him that there may be PPI and default charges on there that I would like to claim back. The judge has ordered the clamient to produce the missing statements by the 24/02/12.

The termination notice is also the Default notice so the claiment does not need to supply these.

The judge also said that the CCA is valid. I pointed out that it's missing t and c and he mentioned that a previous case where that was ok.

So you survived to tell the tale :) Well done, tosh.

Ok.. so the statements are to be provided. I dont suppose you can remember the case he quoted where the T&Cs were acceptable?

I am a little concerend about the comments regarding the Default notice because that has a question mark about it anyway.

The rest of your supporters will no doubt be along to comment soon.

Well done :)

BCOBS

Ok.. so the statements are to be provided. I dont suppose you can remember the case he quoted where the T&Cs were acceptable?

He couldn't remember the case and asked the HC solicitor if he could remember the case. The HC solicitor said he could not remember either.

Hi Tosh,

Your application form is not just missing T&C's - it's missing the Prescribed Terms required by CCA1974.

Read the Credit Agreements Tutorial at Link No2 in my signature.

The judge was probably referring to the case of Carey v HSBC, or possibly the McGuffick case. Scary that neither the judge not the legal bod could remember it !!

You need to learn all you can about enforceability from the link mentioned and also about DN's and their relevance to enforceability.

Perhaps someone can post a link to DN Reg'ns so you can research this.

Glad you got through this ok - it'll be good experience if you have to go back to court.

You've done really well Tosh.

Just wait and see what happens and if you get the statements. If you get them then you'll be in a better position to know about charges and PPI. If they don't comply in time then you'll need to inform the court.

Did the judge mention what would happen if BC don't send the statements in time?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No he didn't. The solicitor did advice the judge that there were no more statements pending. I asked that normally when the judge issues an order barclaycard are able to print out these statements.

By the way, it's interesting that the judge is ordering statements from over 6 years ago. I don't know how good BC are at supplying info over 6 years old.

It will be interesting if they do provide these statements in respect of the Judge's order.. it would then prove beyond doubt that they do actually have them :)

BCOBS

Good evening tosh

Firstly, the Termination is not a Default Notice, it appears to me that you are getting rolled in the court- unfair advantage being taken as to your lack of knowledge in respect of consumer law and the statutory requirement imposed upon creditors to serve a valid statutory Default notice upon you before he can become entitled to Terminate the agreement and demand full payment owing thereunder or enforce the same against you. No valid statutory Default notice = no entitlement to Terminate, demand, enforce.

Secondly, if the application form (that you signed) does not contain the prescribed terms of the agreement, then, unenforceable if s.127 CCA 1974 is applicable if not, then the agreement can only be enforced under order of the court s.65 CCA1974.

Where is the Default notice tosh, I have looked through your case history posted here and I cannot find the said notice?

You need, I think, to amend your Defence (application for permission to amend N244) and beef it up with the applicable legislation laid down in the CCA 1974 and case law authority.

Come back on the above, Roger - over

Kind regards

The Mould

Tosh

See- Civil Procedure Rule ("CPR") r.17.1(2)(a) and send a written request (e-mail, fax, special delivery RM by 1 pm) to the Claimant asking for his permission to allow you to file and serve an amended particularised Defence to the claim, if he refuses to consent to such, then you must make an application ("N244) to court under CPR r. 17.3 respectfully requesting the same (consent to amend you holding Defence by way of filing/serving a particularised Defence to the claim).

Can you please confirm if the Claimant has filed and served any statement of case (Pleadings - Particulars of Claim) upon you other than the N1 Claim form? Further, please post up a copy of your holding Defence.

Kind regards

The Mould

Good evening Tosh:-D Well done for today. The Judge has done the fair thing by making sure you have the information you need first as evidence to be able to present your case against the claimant. The previous posts highlight certain rules concerning consumer law which is in your interest to be acquainted with when you are in Court so you can guide as necessary if uncertainties arise. It's waiting now to see whether you get your requests from claimant.

You may receive a leaflet after the case hearing tday to ask if you want to consider arbitration however, I received my offer of arbitration after submitting my first defence and never went to Court in the first place.

Will be keeping up with the thread

Bye for now

Edited by determindator

Mould, Tosh has not yet submitted a defence as he has not been provided with all the information required to do so. That's why he applied to the court to order them to do so, and that's what today's application hearing was about. If and when he receives all that he has requested under the CPRs, and as ordered by the court, we can then consider his defence.

As citizenB says, it remains to be seen if they are able to do so. If not then they will not be able to verify the amount of the claim.

Just to confirm re Tosh's Defence .........

Claimant must supply data requested by 24th Feb. (I have no idea what the judge will say if the bank say they cannot provide any data for 2003 to 2005.)

Tosh then has 21 days to enter his amended defence.

We know that BC have provided data beyond 6 years when faced with, or responding to, court action.