Want to move to DD or post office rather than meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, i want to switch my electric to either Direct Debit or the post office, as we currently have a prepayment meter which costs us about £25 per week.

However we have an outstanding balance of about £700 (due to scottish power not charging us for 9 months despite repeated calls)

We also have a gas meter which we put about £20 a week into.

However I now work and am paid monthly, therfeore would prefer to pay monthly DD.

Scottish Power are refusing to remove meter and switch us to DD I am prepared to pay £125 per month for the electric!!!

Also British Gas who supply the gas, said it would cost us £140 per month to switch to DD!!!! and that we are cheaper to stay with the meter which i know is Bull.

What advice can anyone give me?

Whilst you have a debt, your supplier will not remove the meter. If you change suppliers, your current supplier will reject the transfer taking place until that debt is cleared in full regardless of your new circumstances.

Whilst you have a debt, your supplier will not remove the meter. If you change suppliers, your current supplier will reject the transfer taking place until that debt is cleared in full regardless of your new circumstances.

Also as far as i am aware, you should not be paying anymore than usual just because you have a prepay meter

There is always a fair chance you'll 'slip through the net' if you try to change suppliers - plenty of people with huge debts manage to move due to office inefficiency...

That may well happen, but then the supplier will request payment of the debt in full.