• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Head honcho at MBNA is

EricTheRed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all !

I sent DPA sar to this address

The data controller MBNA Europe bank ltd

Registration Number,Z7668952

M B N A EUROPE BANK LTD

STANSFIELD HOUSE

CHESTER BUSINESS PARK

CHESTER

CHESHIRE

CH4 9QQ

on the 05/07/06 & then a follow up email to [email protected] with the same letter attached.I have so far been ignored??I have sent one DPA to cover both my visa & mastercards which were both settled & suspended a year ago.I am able to log onto MBNA netacess but no statements are shown for either cards.

I think they probably owe me lots on these cards ???but suppose its just a waiting game now.

I had a good look around this forum and am shure i got the address es and emails right??just a bit freaky to get ignored like this.

• 2 weeks later...

If your MBNA card was issued from your Abbey bank do you still send your request for statements letter to MBNA Europe Bank Ltd or do you send it to Abbey who issued the card? On the Mint cards which is RBOS it say you send them to RBOS, so totally confused.

I have just been reading through your thread, and been getting quite confused, I have a credit card with Abbey, under MBNA, can anyone tell me who do I send a S.A.R letter to? There seems to be too many names and addresses for me, here, which one is it I post too? Many thanks for a reply and I will un subsribe from your thread, sorry about that...

Keep up the good work - just to let you know in my statement yesterday it looks like MBNA have credited me with ALL charges. They said they would only credit part so I was about to take them to court. Luckily I checked my statement first.

So keep fighting.

Joan

TSB - court action taken waiting to hear - they declined anything back

Monument - court action taken waiting to hear - declined anything back

Halifax - court action taken waiting to hear - they offered part back

Capital One - paid part back - taking them to court next

RBS - court action taken waiting to hear - declined anything back

Egg - declined anything back - taking them to court next

ok this is crazy, trying to use the address Chester Business Park, Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9FB on moneyclaim and it keeps telling me the address is outside England and Wales.

Any ideas why this is folks ?

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• 3 months later...

Hi tamadus- did you ever find out what the problem was, as I can see my case with MBNA going to MCOL? Thanks...

Also - Regarding head honchos etc, the correspondence I got from the

Customer Advocate Office Manager's office was named

Gavin Theobald

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

Hope this helps.

Happy new year!

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Hi tamadus- did you ever find out what the problem was, as I can see my case with MBNA going to MCOL? Thanks...

Also - Regarding head honchos etc, the correspondence I got from the

Customer Advocate Office Manager's office was named

Gavin Theobald

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

Hope this helps.

Happy new year!

I never did find out why MCOL considers Chester outside England and Wales lol. I ignored it and told it to use the address I had given and it went through just fine. MBNA eventually settled in full.

You probably will have to issue MCOL on them Perseus but they are settling.

Happy and PROSPEROUS new year.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

i've had the same from morgan stanley

Excuse me buttin' in, I have been looking for a HO address or contact details for Morgan Stanley. Been lookin' at threads, but can't seem to see ne for these guys. Appreciate any tips, etc.

Hi Tamadus - thank you - Best regards to you and all on here!

Warhorse - found this on a kelkoo search site!

Morgan Stanley - Credit Card Online Shop - UK Store Addresses, Web Site and Product Information

Morgan Stanley - Credit Card

PO Box 10002

G68 9ZL

Glasgow

Phone:phoneicon.gif 0800 032 2488 Email:[email protected]Web site: www.morganstanleypersonalloans.co.uk

Hope it's of some use - but their address (registered etc) should always be on their letter heads or statements.

All the best.

Hi All

I'd be interested to hear from any one who has has harressment problems with MBNA.

My wife has now no less that three credit card accounts with MBNA due to other banks selling out to them (the credit card business that is).

On one occassion she was called at work by an individual called, I think, Frank Casey who started giving her a hard time as tro why she had not called him by 9.00am that day. The fact of the matter was that the arrangement was to call him by 9.00pm on that day. The fact that he did not come on duty until midday that day only serves to prove that MBNA openly adopt a policy of harrassment.

Incidently, I had cause to write a serious letter of complaint to their advocate department way bay back in April 2006. I received a letter stating that the copmlaint is being looked into and I would receive a reply by 1st June 2006. So far I have not received any reply despite numerous calls to their office. I have come to the conclusion that any verbal communication with MBNA is a waste of time as they openy lie and twist everything that's said. I now will not call them but I will only commun icate by recorded delivery letter. In the letter I stated that any letter sent to me that is not by recorded delivery will be regarded as not received.

I'll climb down off my soap box now (I do enjoy a good rant), but in all seriousness, anybody dealing with MBNA needs to have their witts about them and try to keep calm.

• 3 weeks later...

Rachel Claridge

Assistant Vice President

MBNA Europe Limited

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9QQ

Found this recently in another thread last week. Using it myself today.

Good fortune to all!

• 4 weeks later...

One confirmed contact and very helpful (thanks Battleaxe)

Mr W (William) Wareing

Senior Legal Assistant

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

Tel 01244 672348

A little timid and reserved in his approach, butt using a tactful and informed approach - very responsive. Excellent at chasing up SAR's, CCA's and confirming defaults/bad credit history removal action.

Also very good at warning off DCA's!!

Sorry if I'm repeating a question posted elsewhere, but how long are/did you wait until you recieved your statements? I posted my letter requesting statements on 18 Jan, giving them 40 days and they've not cashed my cheque or made any contact as yet. 40 days is due up on 27 Feb. Thanks

hey boing...

There's so many varying results.

My personal experience - 9th November sent my SAR

Received full details Monday just gone.

If you're that close to your 40 days, send another letter asking them for acknowledgement of your request, and re-affirm the 40 days will expire on .... date.

Stick to your deadlines, you will no doubt receive a letter to say 'oh, we've just received your request, please allow us the next 14 days to comply. or... we have not treated your request as a 'full sar' but if you wish for the full details, please complete this form and submit £10'... blah blah.

Check to see if your request has been delivered or signed for, and check if your cheque has been presented yet.

Good luck, and keep your thread updated, others will be able to help/advise as well.

Perseus

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my statements with an apolegetic letter for the delay. I first requested them 22.1.07.

I then tried the shortcut by ringing the infamous Gareth Tunnicliffe and Paul Miney. Would not put be me through ... saying my request must be put in writing.

Address...

F.A.O. Customer advocate Office

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

PO Box 1004

Chester business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

Thought the address maybe useful as it's different to all the other MBNA contact address's on this site.

Goto FSA Register and it list the contact of key people at the MBNA.

Handy Very Handy

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

• 1 month later...

I found this in the depths of their website

Customer Advocate Office

If you would like to refer a complaint to MBNA Europe Bank Limited, please write to:

The Customer Advocate Office

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

PO BOX 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

Karma this is the address you were given..so I guess this is where they want us to send the SARs

You can also e-mail: [email protected]

Please note: MBNA will not enter into correspondence via e-mail. If your complaint requires a response, please include your address and telephone number within your e-mail. Do not include personal account information.

spacer.gif UK Financial Ombudsman Service

If you would like to refer a complaint for independent arbitration, please write to: spacer.gif

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Telephone 0845 080 1800

E-mail - [email protected] spacer.gif

UK Banking Code

MBNA Europe Bank Limited is a subscriber to the Banking Code. Copies of the Banking Code can be obtained from MBNA Europe or through the Banking Code Standards Board at: www.bankingcode.org.uk spacer.gif

UK - Financial Services Authority and Office of Fair Trading

MBNA Europe Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is entered on the FSA's Register (www.fsa.gov.uk/register) with FSA Register Number 204487. MBNA Europe Bank Limited is licensed to provide consumer credit by the Office of Fair Trading in the UK.

Hi, so I've read about a few people phoning up and arranging full settlements inc. compounded contractual interest...any names and phone numbers people would recommend? this character maybe?

Mr. Steve Bailey

Head of Customer Advocate Office

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

PO Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

cheers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks